Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

See C.

1.8 Player(s) may tackle an opponent for the ball. 1.9 Provided that he has at least one foot on the ground, a player may make a side-to-side charge on an opponent- (a) who is in possession of the ball, or (b) who is playing the ball, or (c) when both players are moving in the direction of the ball to play it. When he is within the small rectangle, the goalkeeper may not be charged but he may be challenged for possession of the ball, and his puck, kick or pass may be blocked. Incidental contact with the goalkeeper while playing the ball is permitted.

Munster Minor Football Championship

Tipperary 0-12 Clare: 0-8

Great run of results for the minors.

Post edited by evolvingtipperary101 on

I was wondering when Ronan Connolly would get a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I can't access the soccer forum so I just want to wish St Michael's the best of luck in the FAI Junior Cup final tomorrow in Jackman Park Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭osullic

Is that the worst result for Tipp?

That was some atmosphere and entertainment in Limerick this evening.

As a Tipp man I’m torn between being enthused given Limerick nearly got caught by Waterford last weekend and Clare got a much deserved win tonight.

I’m thinking Clare have well and truly poked the bear and Limerick will be gunning for us now but sure we know they’re not invincible now.

It is what it is. The better state the Limerick team are in and the more motivated they are when we play them, the better for us long term. We still have a lot of young guys who have yet to play the best around in championship. They'll be getting that experience soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just based on the weekends hurling you have to make us big favourites to beat Waterford in thurles in the last round.

Cork next week is 50/50, we'll need to get as much pace into the team to help cope with corks running game.

Limerick in 3 weeks will be very interesting, cracks appeared Friday night but I thought clare were excellent, we'll need to be at our best to have a chance, a lot will depend on how they react to their first loss since 2019.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Michael Verney said today that it was nice to see a team playing Limerick for two halves. It's nothing we can deny. We've failed to produce two halves of hurling against Limerick for a long, long time. Clare have no such problems.

The narrative surrounding the Clare game is they handed us five goals due to selecting a championship novice in goals. Handed us a big lead early and as a result gave us too much of a cushion.

Tipp have only played one game and have yet to prove themselves.

The proof will come at the end of championship.

We took on Clare in a very specific way and I think there will be changes in our approach for this game too. It will be interesting and hopefully we can give a better account of ourselves this year.

Are we going to support tipp on Saturday evening or once again are we going to be hugely outnumbered.Our support for the team last year was pathetic so is it to be more of the same this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Of course we are going to be outnumbered, we are away to Cork on a Saturday night, there isn't a County in Ireland that wouldn't be out numbered, one thing that is more pathetic than our support is your coonstant shi*ing on about it!

What part of "hugely outnumbered " went over your head? We need support at these games not keyboard warriors spouting bullshit.

Tipperary have been drawn in Group 2 of the Tailteann Cup along side Meath, Down and Waterford.

Tailteann Cup Fixtures

W/E May - Meath v Tipperary (away)

W/E May 20th Tipperary v Down (home)

W/E June 3rd Tipperary v Waterford (neutral)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

We will be outnumbered 3 to 1 if lucky.

Away to Cork on a Saturday evening at 7pm is an absolute disaster of a time. The last train out of Cork is at 8.25pm, you can't make that if planning on getting the train. Normally the trains wold be packed up and down.

Any Cork fan would make a night out, out of the game. Home games on a Saturday night are perfect for the home support, and completed opposite from the away support.

Given the dive of a place below for parking and traffic, be the following day when some people get in the gate at home.

Tipperary support is poor over the last number of years, that's just the way it is! And ain't going to change in a hurry I can tell you.

That's doable, you would imagine that Meath will regroup and take top spot, and that Waterford will take last place. Home Advantage against Down could be enough to swing it in our favour.

I take your point, Saturday evening is awkward for away supporters and I also agree that tipperarys support has been dreadful for a long time. I also know that nobody at county board level appears to want to address the issue. It needs to be spoken about at least because a vocal support lifts a team, no doubt about it, and it will be fine margins that make the difference between winning and losing.

Raise it with the County Board yourself then, get off your arse and son something about it rather than being a keyboard warrior as you so eloquently put it!

How do you know that no one at County Board level want's Tipperary to have more supporters, it literally makes no sense but you know something we dont'?

The minutes of county board meetings make no mention of the problem ever having been raised.

• Advertisement

Ah come on now lad you know yourself that nothing of the sort would ever be discussed at a formal meeting and it certainly would find its way into the minutes.

I'm not being smart either, if you really think its a big issue then raise it with the county board through your club, who can request any agenda item be included that they so wish,every club has a county board meeting delegate. The County Board is after all a representative body of the clubs, not some secret society club that some make it out to be.

I think however if you actually look at the figures you are wrong - we have the fifth highest number of season ticket holders - Limerick hurlers are the only hurling ahead of us and that is for very obvious reasons. I'm supporting Tipp since the mid 80's and aside from the Bab's years and the 2009-2014 period it has always been the same, a dedicated core and very large bandwagon that needs to see success to join in. For other counties of a similar size/population we are no worse or better than the majority. We also have the fact that we are to a reasonable standard a dual county where a large portion of the county is football first.

The only accurate part of that post is where you say " I'm not being smart either ". Of course it's an issue that could, and should be discussed at a county board meeting! You can go on about season ticket holders all you want but a blind man could see we get very bad support for our county teams. You mention that we are a " dual " county! Don't get me started on the absolutely dismal support our footballers get! Of course should we get through to an all Ireland final we will have every tom dick and Harry done up in the blue and gold sitting in the prime seats. I'm not saying any of this to stir anyone up I'm just pointing out the elephant in the room that nobody seems to give a **** about.

I was actually surprised by the amount of support in Ennis. It was decent.

For some reason all I can think of reading that is Killinaskully ' A boy Dan'

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭farmerval

I think we'll have decent support Saturday night. With the way Munster is shaping up, other than Waterford everyone will be buoyed up to get out and support their team.

Looking like it could be an epic Munster campaign. Right now, Clare Tipp and Cork looking in good spaces and Limerick a bit on the backfoot.

Any changes likely for Saturday night, against Clare our half backs looked really slow, not the look to have against Cork? Will we really push up and force them long onto a big half backline?

On the injury front, Cahill reported Morgan is “nearly there” as he recovers from his cruciate ligament injury of last year, while Seamus Callanan isn’t ready to start a game “but is making good progress” after his recent medial ligament issue. 

Niall O’Meara (ankle) could be in the mix for games further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Those lads along with Barry Heffernan would have been huge additions.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭osullic

• Advertisement

More than a few changes. Exciting. I'd imagine Brian has picked up a niggle.

Advertisement