Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching electric/gas providers (see first post for links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭questionmark

Looking for recommendations for cheapest provider for just electric, have a night meeter, so best day/night rate. Current contract with energia is up this month and it's a big jump in price with them for next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

use one of the price comparison sites like bonkers for pricing and then contact the provider directly to switch

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Made the switch to the Flogas BWG electricity only day & night meter offer on April 18th.

Got my closing bill from EI today with the exit fee.

No other word from Flogas since but hopeful all is going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Once you get the letter it comes with your account number and you can set up yourself online with them. I received the letter myself today and set up my account now online. I applied the 19th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Also got my sepa letter today. Should I expect another letter confirming rates or will I need to call to confirm rates/bwg offer was applied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

Also got my letter today and have setup an online account. But cant find any mention of my tariff on it😕

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

If you signed up via a direct link off the page with the special rates on it they would be on very shaky ground to try pull a fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kil

I also got my letter today. Registered online but nothing to see yet:

Thank you for your recent request to register for our online portal and ebilling. We have received and will process your request in 10 working days. When your next bill is produced it will be sent to the email address you provided notifying you that you have a new bill ready to view. At this point when you log back into the portal, using the same email address and password you registered with, you will then be able to view your bills, submit a meter read and see all the latest news happening here at Flogas.

Should you have any additional queries please do not hesitate to contact us on customersupport@flogas.ie or 041-2149500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Guess the only way to find out if ur on the Tariff u signed up for is to ring them or email them ur 14 cooling day period will be up

Is Flogas billing monthly or bi- monthly?

I'll give them a call today and confirm my D/N rates with them before getting a potential unpleasant surprise in their first bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

On what basis are they allowed to block you switching?

When you say ESB....do you mean Eirgrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would be ESB Networks. Eirgrid do the transmission network not the distribution end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I got a letter confirming my electricity account direct debit details, which are correct.

I also received an email saying that the error of cancelling my gas application had be rectified. So, I should be duel fuel now.

Did those of you who signed up for the BWG duel fuel offer receive a confirmation letter stating electricity AND gas, or just electricity?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. as with the rest of you, my DD confirmation letter says nothing about tariff name (BWG) or tariff rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Every two months. Nightmare of a company to deal with in my experience. Good luck getting through on the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭bromley52

I just got confirmation from Flogas. (I rang them)

I am on the Dual Fuel offer after signing up on the 19Apr

VAT is 9% until at least 31Oct23

Electricity unit rate 27.5c

Gas 9c

They answered my call straight away hahaha....literally! I dialled 1 and 1 for residential and customer service.

They confirmed the rates over the phone which match the Day Night BWG offer! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kil

Same for me, was on hold for maybe 5-6 mins just now but once connected they confirmed the BWG rates.

Credit to the original poster who highlighted this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Please excuse my ignorance but I've just had a smart meter installed. When a provider quotes prices for a "24 hour meter" or a "Night Saver meter" - does a smart meter count as the former or the latter ?

EDIT: Don't mind me - they have a separate offer for smart meter customers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭con747

If you go on a smart plan afaik you are stuck on the smart plans so do your homework before going on one.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Did everybody just get an Electricity Account number letter today and waiting on there gas one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sphinxicus

I've been the opposite after signing up for duel fuel - received an email confirming my gas account number and offer code which mentioned BWG. Still not had anything relating to electricity. I fired off an email to them asking when i should expect anything from them relating to electricity as I cannot sign up to their online portal without an electricity account number. Got a response in 1 hour giving me my account number and told that i would "receive my welcome letter by email in the coming days"

Did your letters ask you to sign up to their online portal? Mine didn’t. Simply confirmed direct debit details.

Thanks.

D.

No the letter doesn't say. You go and open it yourself using your account number (written in that letter).

When you sign up with Flogas it seems you are defaulted to paper billing.

Cant really sign up online till you get both account numbers i was told today that depending on your energy provider how they give out ur details to close account they like to drag there heels, i normally pay electricty first so i knew that come first they will the send on the Gas ,

rang customer service today she got all confused said i was on the wrong Gas price but electricity was right but the sales repi talked to then said the gas contract is just the provider holding it and i will be on the bwg price even had that bit recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 39 chimpdoctor

Are they still offering these rates? Cant see them on their website. I just rang them there and they said the offer has been finished for nearly 2 weeks. Do I need to say something specific to still get this offer guys?

Just received a gas bill from Flogas - my first - which states the tariff as BWGFixedGas.

However, I still can't access the portal, though the Login accepts the email address and password I set up. I simply get the message..."Thank you for your recent request to register for our online portal....etc....".

Anyway, looks like I'm in for dual fuel.

D.

Yes, it takes a while. Flogas didn't have an online portal until last year and it's a manual process on their side to get you signed up to it.

I don't get why people are so impatient.

When did you get this rate? Have tried ringing them this morning and they are saying its no longer available.

They are right. The offer expired some days ago. I found it here by chance so fair play to the person who posted it originally! It'll save few hundreds in electricty this next year.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Cant believe I missed it. Always should check boards.ie at this time of year.

Advertisement