Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Enjoy the break CL, weather looks dull & dreary but hey I'll not be in work for 3 days so that'll do for me right now.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Hi All. Just back last night after a lovely week in Gran Canaria, weather was fab as you'd expect when your that far away from the North Pole 😉

Hope everyone is keeping well and even though the thread is quiet at the moment it will be Christmas in July in no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The magic eraser works magic for our dog wall marks! One of my dogs is quite oily and she leaves weird brown marks on the wall. We've to paint our hall in the coming months so we'll be looking for the most hardwearing washable paint we can get.

They're a pair of hairy eejits but I wouldn't be without them.

Hope people have a nice bank holiday weekend and that no one's off camping or on any other outdoor pursuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

The result of the most recently dug hole. He wouldn't look me in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

@tscul32 that is such a funny picture! The way he couldn't look you in the eye has me in stitches!

Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Before I read what you said I was thinking "that dog has been up to no good and got caught" 😂😂😂

Enjoy the bath !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy first day of summer, everyone! 😁☀️🌧️

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It is a lovely summery day to celebrate the first day of summer and all. No jacket needed for my walk with the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

T'was 17 degrees on Saturday in Letterkenny and Derry, although the thundery downpours dragged it down a bit

Was out for a beautiful coastal walk this morning, was great to need sunglasses🌞🌞🌞

Have been off work on annual leave for the last week and a half and I've just tested positive for Covid, dreading having to ring in the morning and tell them I can't come back in. I work for a good company so it's not them who will be annoyed, just me.

As far as I can make out I have to isolate for the next 4 to 5 days, is this correct??

• Advertisement

Thought it was still 7 days from when you firet tested positive, but that could be 7 days from first symptoms appearing... with work we're saying 7 days from test though.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Lovely day here to mark the first day of summer. Went for a swim and lots of people in the water - May seems to mark the start of summer swimming season. Lovely to see so many people, young and old, enjoying the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Beautiful sunny day here in the south east, my little Alfie is still sick and has been at the vets all weekend and by god do I miss him, house is too quiet without him.

Happy May Day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Sorry to hear, I did 7 for mine anyways and did a repeat test on the 7th day as well, to make sure all was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I went for a swim too yesterday! More of a dip really, but was quite proud of myself as I'm not a sea swimmer, but enjoyed it enough to do it again! Also broke out the shorts yesterday evening for football training so it's been a lovely first 24 hours of Summer. Although I have a whopper of a headache today which is weather-induced I think 😔

Morning all.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable May bank holiday weekend. Other than the odd shower the weather played ball anyway as the temperatures were way better than expected. Meant we got a load of washing done and caught up on the mountain we had accumulated over the last number of weeks.

Its so good to see some better weather after all the rain & gloom... coincidence that it started on the weekend summer starts!? 😉

Either way, long may it last, and we've only 5 weeks until the next long weekend too (& 199 on the countdown follows later that week also!!)

Sorry to hear about Alfie, hope you get good news today 🤞. We have our own little man ruling the house here too, don't know what we'd do in particular my wife would do if anything were to happen to him. Keep us posted, good luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Halfway to Halloween. Which means the in season is coming.

Another beautiful morning, long may it last! The kids were out until 8pm last night & back out this morning before school having a kick about. As much as I love Christmas, I do love this time of year too!

Anyone else feeling massively burnt out at the moment or is just me?

Work is relentless at the moment and the little man is sick every second week thanks to crèche.

• Advertisement

Pretty much my default setting. Having so many drives out west with work isn't helping either. I'm spending half my time in westport and Sligo and it's quite draining doing 1k kms a week

The one bonus is the brighter days, doing this in winter is even harder!

Would you be able to take a week's annual leave anytime soon? I've never taken holidays this early in the year before but have to say it's been a real tonic to be off the last while. Was saying to the wife that if we can afford it we will try and get two small holidays in the sun a year from now on.

Not just you; I feel everything on top of me at the minute. I've been asking my job to cut back to three days a week for some time now and they keep fobbing me off. Actually contemplated jacking it in the other day as I felt so overwhelmed with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just be careful with the three day week if you do go that route and make sure you are not doing five days work - this was offered to me last year but I knew that the other 2 days work would be left for me to pick up on the days I was in and no way was I doing five days work for 3 days pay.

Seen on Facebook yesterday that Rory's Travel Club has Frankfurt's Christmas Markets up, flights, bags, two nights in a 4 star hotel for €178 per person.

Very quiet on here over the weekend. Dare I say it, but is this time of the year the most un-Christmassy time in the calendar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

We do from the start of the year again to now and we're in mid September. Once summers over it'll probably get busy again.

Great weather all weekend. May is bringing some sun at least.

I always find when it’s warm and sunny Christmas is such a distant memory.

• Advertisement

Advertisement