Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gakpo? Have a lie down. Nunez stunk the place out tonight but gakpo has been excellent in this run and a bit before.

How about we give players a chance to settle who are new to the team and league before absolutely slating them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

United are away in 3 of the next 4,

Brighton Still chasing Europe of some sort

WH who need a win badly lost again tonight to City

Wolves H

Bournemouth A , Who are safe and carefree

We play again, at home in 3 days. So many home games of late

Need Brighton to get a result tomorrow, they're good at home getting a result in 11 of their 15 at home, scoring 31, Newcastle have scored 32 at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Good win. This time of the season, it's all about the win.

However, the last 15 or 20 minutes were shocking bad. We kept giving the ball away, very poor leadership and decision making. We has lots of the ball, but kept going for stupid shots, killer passes, and the top 2 couldn't hold the ball at all. Really poor.... It put huge pressure on the midfield and defence for no reason at all. Made life hard on ourselves, story of the season really.

And as for Newcaste, they have no one safe or content to play, all fighting like dogs for something

They face

Arsenal at home

Leeds away

Brighton at home

Leicester at home

Chelsea away, who will want to end it well at home in front of their fans

The only way we fail to get 4th is if we blink,and fail to win next 4, as no way in hell is United and Newcastle winning all their games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Would be great if we could get within 3 points of Man Utd going in to the last game of the season. Make them sweat for it.

I just can't see either dropping 10 points the gap is too big to make up.

Tough game Saturday, Brentford score goals they won't need to be asked 10 times to punish a sloppy defence.

Need Brighton to win at home tomorrow, we then play before United, home to Brentford, if we win gap is 1 pt , and United have to go away to West Ham under the pressure of us being 1pt behind, with WH over due a win.

Of course we need Brighton to win, and Liverpool to win on Saturday

I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

I thought Trent and Jones in the midfield role worked well tonight, it took pressure of Fab and Hendo for most of the game. Still leaves a gap at the back though when a fast counter happens. It’s something which can be worked on though.

Nunez is miles off the pace, but I also thought Mo wasted a lot of possession with poor touches, sloppy/ bad passes throughout also.

Got away with it though, will always take the 3pts! Hope they can go unbeaten for the last 4 now. As other have said, no way Utd or Newcastle will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

One of the few positives of this disastrous season has been Gakpo

• Advertisement

Pure class, a total bargain, can't believe we got him for 35m,

Nunez was poor through out, losing ball, falling over a lot, but one fall won the penalty, so can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The more I see of him, the more he reminds me of Bobby. Silky touch, smooth movement.... Has more pace and lacks the aggression and defensive nous buy that might be coachable. He's certainly settling in well on the field, has a lot to offer I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He won the penalty because every time he was past the halfway line they wrapped 2/3 defenders around him, which gave Mo all the space down the left, whatever about people on here (wrongly) thinking he's useless, the opposition clearly think he's something to worry about.

Gakpo coming good so quickly is fantastic as well, considering he was written off after a half here.

Jordan Henderson should get fined every time he hoofballls a shot into the 9th row.

Great atmosphere in anfield even if there was a fair rake of empty seats, team has won every game I've been at, who do I talk to about making my presence mandatory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Yeah but they didn't have champion's league qualification back then. Things have moved on since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lads, any chance we can stop quoting the whingebag? Even second hand it's exhausting 😅

Not a stellar performance, but did enough. And for all the complaints around Nunez, he still causes problems, and literally won us the game. The pricetag is a major burden on him though. If him and Gakpo's values were swapped I'd feel better about it!

Trent immense again, and Curtis quietly doing very well. Fab is looking much much better in possession too, has got some of his passing and awareness back. Still shaky off the ball, but at least it's something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Speaking of whinebags, what ever happened to YDW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Wishful thinking Toby. In reality, Man Utd need 3 only wins from their 6 remaining fixtures to guarantee they finish above Liverpool.

West Ham have managed 2 shots on target in each of their last 3 games. They'll hardly be killing themselves in the next couple of fixtures given that the Europa Conference Semi Final is also in the same time frame. A win against Leeds or Leicester will see them safe for this season.

Brighton rested Caicedo, Mac Allister and Mitoma for the game against Wolves. Despite that they carved Wolves apart at will. There's no reason to expect Man Utd not to do the same.

Bournemouth got hopped off of by West Ham only two weeks ago they also showed nothing against Brighton. There should be no expectation for them to beat Man Utd.

Man Utd vs Frank Lampard's Chelsea at Old Trafford is likely to be a cricket score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

If there's any chance of sneaking 4th (and I mean a Jim Carrey Dumb and Dumber small chance), it's Newcastle that might fade with the trickier fixtures. United need 9 points to guarantee finishing above us and they have 3 handy home games coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

You have to look in a mirror and say his name five times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Newcastle only need 7 points to guarantee finishing above us and the three fixtures against Leeds, Leicester and Chelsea should guarantee that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Clutching at straws, Leeds and Leicester badly need the points and might put up a fight.

Sensible head on, I think we finish 5th or 6th (Brighton could still finish strong).

Another caseimero red card pretty much ends his season, and they're useless without him, so there's that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sounds like Liverpool tried to convince Milner to stay on for another year again, but he was far too deep into talks with Brighton at that stage and looks like he will end up there. Lallana is said to have played a part in brining him in. Lallana was known to be a key dressing room figure during his time at the club, and is still best friends with Henderson.

Just spit-balling here but if Henderson never got that new contract in 2021, his contract would be expiring this summer. Given his performances this season, and the fact Brighton wanted Milner, I wonder would they have tried to nab Henderson instead? Or would he feel he has more years at the bigger club yet. I think he does have something to offer, moving into the 'Milner role'. But it would be interesting to see what type of club would move for Hendo, at 33. Supposedly it was PSG & Atletico Madrid who were interested 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Brighton have a horrible run in though - United, Arsental, Newcastle, City and Villa all to come.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Milner off to Brighton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Watching the pre-season lactate test on YouTube will never be the same again. 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Kinda weird milner is going at this stage I would have thought he could have went into some sort of player/couch role next season with us. Not sure it's a good sign that he's going but it's good to free up wages etc and hopefully get in some good young midfielders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Milner has a better chance of taking over Giggs Premier league appearances if he goes to Brighton - might be something he is aiming for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Apparently we didn't sign a midfielder last summer because Milner's contract was extended, don't think anyone really believes that. Milner was a great servant to the club, ultimate professional and was nearly always available to fill any hole that came up, his contribution to our success can't be overestimated.

With Keita and Ox both going too, hopefully that means we will sign 3 new midfielders, hoping the club aren't counting Bajcetic and Morton as 2 of the 3 replacements, that really would be disappointing, although not beyond happening. Milner will be missed, the other two lads not so much as haven't really contributed over the last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Now we need Brighton to get a win and they're missing chances from here 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Could be MacAllister and Ugarte plus another

how reliable is Neil Jones? According to him we are going to concentrate on premiership proven players so that would rule out Ugarte. Now that could be a load of pony as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'm not sure myself.

The guy who mentioned Ugarte was one of the first to break the Nunez news 🤷

It's rumour season so names are going to be flying around.Hopefully some nice surprises ...

That’s a load of bollix. We’ve never relied on “premiership proven players” before under Klopp and I doubt we’re going to start anytime soon. If anything, the players we’ve signed from other EPL teams have been very much unproven, like Gini Wijnaldum, Andy Robertson and Sadio Mane. None of them looked like they’d go on to be world class at their old clubs.

Neil Jones is talking out his hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I really hope we don't sign Gallagher. A decent but nothing special player. We need two top quality midfielders to compete again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Brighton are such a nice team to watch.

That Mac Allister lad is alright actually. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Brighton with a late winner after dominating.

• Advertisement

Win Saturday, and gap is 1pt . Up to us now.

I also think WH beat United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Guys there is not enough games to go there is no chance

I’m starting to hope for 4th. I know I shouldn’t, and I know it’ll end badly. But I can’t help it. Klopp has conditioned me to be this way.

I don't get all these commentators on Sky

'' Man U will be getting CL, that's for sure, this won't affect that''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If we can somehow take all 12 points, I think either Newcastle or ManU will slip and open the door.

Given the season we've had, 12 points is easier said than done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Squeeky bum time for Utd. Looking at that result, Brighton probably fancy themselves for 4th as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's a lock, 100% nailed on, a completely guarantee, you can bet your Harry Maguire on it 😁

• Advertisement

It be nice to take it to the last day, who knows but it's too late. We have to rue these ridiculous points we dropped throughout the season

Advertisement