Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's shocking to read. If a politician said that to me, I'd name and shame them.

I notice 2 gov ministers weren't available to go on the show last night and answer questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People packing their shopping at the checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I found someone’s office keycard outside our building

I gave it to reception and I sent them a Microsoft Teams message just hi there, your card is with reception

They read my message and didn’t even bother to say thanks back to me. It would take 3 seconds to write thanks or put an emoji or something

Pah, that’s bad form! It’s nice to be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Curmudgeons and contrarians. Just fcuking unclench for a change, would you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Back in the day, when Dublin Bus used to give out change via receipts that you had to go into their head office to reclaim, someone at work asked that people give them to her for a charity cause.

She moved department and people continued to drop them into the box in the canteen. One day I gathered them up and sent them onto her. No acknowledgment came, good bad or indifferent, in return.

As you said, it's nice to be nice! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who don't say hello, good morning, ... when you say hello, good morning ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Exactly! People who blank you and look elsewhere when you say hello, good morning, as if you were background noise and part of the landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I contacted the party in every way bar going into their office, was completely ignored(unsurprised by this) BUT I told everyone I met who mentioned their likelihood of voting for the party involved.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I swear by the performance of N plate drivers that I've seen recently, if anything they're worse than L plates. At least an L plate might try and make some effort because they think they have a test to pass. An N plate driver will probably only get worse if anything.

A couple of weeks ago I was turning left from Melbourn Avenue to Model Farm Road, and had to swerve to avoid an N plate driver turning right. People familiar with the area might realise how ridiculous that is. Turning left at the crossroads there was a cycle lane to my left, my own lane, a murder lane (a cycle lane for people who want to turn right and get murdered by a car going straight on), and the straight ahead/right turn lane, THEN the lane they were supposed to turn into. Still they were cutting the corner so much I had to swerve!

Earlier in the week I saw one turn left from the right hand lane on a roundabout. On this section of this roundabout there was three lanes; two left turn lanes and one right. The only lane they should't be in - the only lane you should never **** be in turning left on a roundabout and this moron was there. I mean, no matter who that was they should have their license taken away for being too **** stupid to drive, let alone a newly qualified driver.

For a little bit of balance, non N plate drivers are often quite poor too. Today I witnessed a lady in a Rav 4 stop beside the parked car in front of me because there was another car parked on the other side of the road, and she thought the gap was too narrow for both her and the car coming in the opposite direction. I swear not only had she actually stopped in the narrowest part of the gap while the other car passed her easily, but I could have ridden my push bike through the gap between her and the parked car. The next tech we need after reversing cameras and sensors is forward looking sensors to tell people the gap in front of them is actually big enough for them. Instead of beeping it could just roar : "Drive on ta' **** - you'd get a bus through there!"

My mother's appallingly cavalier attitude towards differing cooking times. She just put a fresh chicken kiev (Kyiv?) into the oven at the same time as her frozen roasters (an abomination worthy of their own TA).

Same when she's doing a breakfast - literally everything goes under the grill together. Frozen hash browns, sausages, tomatoes, rashers, everything. SOME THINGS NEED LONGER THAN OTHERS, WOMAN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

A really beautiful woman in a very expensive BMW smiled and waved at me this evening, and of course i immediately smiled and waved back thinking i must know her.

Seems she was actually yawning while brushing her hair back and drove off looking at me like I'm a nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I decided to be healthy and make a big pot of vegetable soup from scratch (and vegetables 😉) in my biggest pot...and now I realised that I can't find the lid for the pot. And because it's the biggest one, there's no other lid that can 'stand in' for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Even if I try real hard, I can't sleep past 7am. Most mornings I'm wide awake at 630am. I envy being able to sleep to 10am.

You should have your friends over on a Sunday afternoon. Why would you have a complaint from anyone unless you were all acting like animals well into the small hours!?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Aye DB 42/43 drivers be at that the whole time. You have to make sure to be at the first few stops well before schedule late at night or the bus is well gone.

Equally, they make no effort to arrive at appointed times at any stop along the way. Dublin bus motto should really be "we'll be there when we're there"

I remember living in Germany where buses parked up at stops and waited until scheduled departure time if they arrived early at the stop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Put Leinster tattoos/transfers on my hands at the semi-final last Saturday and the jaysis things are still there. And I'm slightly OCD about washing my hands so they've been through a *lot*.

Thank fook I didn't put one on my face like I was thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Thanks, I've done the tinfoil thing. The second part of the annoyance is that I know as soon as the soup is all gone, the lid will magically re-appear. (But the soup is delicious, so that's the main thing.😋)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Pissed off with my youngest sister - she’s the only sibling still living at home. Our Dad has really been struggling with depression lately and tomorrow he’s going to have to be admitted to hospital. I’ve been onto him most days the last couple of weeks and have come home to bring him in tomorrow (Mam is abroad visiting our sister who’s just broken up with her boyfriend of 7 years - a separate drama).

Anyway hung out with Dad all this evening, as we’re going to bed he knocked into my sister’s room to say goodnight. He asked her would she be up in the morning to see him off (9:30am the crack of dawn), and I overheard her just kind of laugh and brush it off, she said goodbye then and there and my Dad just went to bed.

I’m not only annoyed but so disappointed in her. She’s the youngest and was always spoiled and a bit selfish but I can’t believe the lack of empathy or awareness. The man that did everything for us is near suicidal and going into hospital for what’ll likely be weeks and she can’t bother her fùcking lazy arse to get out of bed at 9am on a fùcking Thursday. I’d thought she’d grown up and copped on a bit (she’s 23) but I guess I was wrong. Thought she’d come good eventually but after that I’ve nearly lost all hope.

I’ve half a mind to wake her up tomorrow and spell it out to her to give a bit of bloody support but I’m tired of being her third parent. This stuff should just click eventually. I’m angry and probably being harsh but I just don’t get how she can be so consistently useless.

Anyway that’s enough rant for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve been feeling ok lately apart from a dose last month , but I feel like l’ve just finished a sparring session with Mike Tyson and he didn’t hold back. More 💊’s then bed .

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Well I ended up deciding to do some work instead, in advance of the following week to make things easier. So I stayed up till just after 3am working, which is why I was sleeping till 10. My work doesn't open till 10am anyway but I still get up at 7 normally because I like to ease myself into the day.

It's not that we'd be acting like animals just the fact the neighbours are in their early 90's so they're at that cranky age, where because they are old they expect everyone to bend the knee to them.

Post edited by Dramatik on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Yes, its amazing how low down the priority list people with disabilities are.Despite our supposed great wealth it doesn't seem to trickle down to local health level. Meanwhile we spend billions on looking after new arrivals without any issue.

Yep . That’s because we ( disabled people) by and large aren’t fit for work , And in a right wing world we are punished for it.

"But you get the best parking spots, what are you complaining about?" She asked, sarcastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

She may not be dealing with the situation too well herself. Even if it looks like she's blase about it she might be crumbling inside and being aloof is her way of dealing with it.

Plus I say this as someone who has much older siblings...I didn't need a third, fourth or fifth parent, what I needed was a brother or sister to talk to. She maybe the same ....just putting it out there!

Hope it went well today (as well as can be expected anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Whether I'm shopping with a trolley or basket I have bags ready to pack as as they're scanned through. Its as quick to put them in open bags in the trolley as just put them in the trolley.

I used to do it at the self serve checkout. The main reason was I could pretend to scan a 4 pack of a particular beer , and it would only come up as 1😬😬

An honest mistake that i got away with for years .

Most recent TA is @Dial Hard mentioning chicken kiev which im craving for now. And I had earlier decided to treat myself to an Indian. Decisions decisions !

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Client: I'd like to order xyz

Me: no problem, I'll give you a ring as soon as it arrives

* One day later

Client: Hi, I ordered xyz

Me: I'll go grab it for you now

* Spends 5 minutes searching everywhere but can't find xyz

* Starts panicking thinking forgot to place order

Me: did I give you a call to say that xyz has arrived?

Client: Oh... no, I was just passing by so I thought I'd pop in and check if xyz has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

But even these are taken away from people with disabilities. You wanna take a trip to Derry, and watch all the BMW X5 or audi owners who park in them to run into shops. Not one fcuk do they give.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I gave up driving cars, riding motorbikes because of financial factors and constant jaw clenching annoyance at ambler gamblers and all the normal road TA stuff. Now pedestrian rage has become a big thing. People have places to go, stop walking the width of the footpath/pedestrianised street at a snail's pace ye arses. Mudderagawd my teeth grinding is back and my licences have expired. 😡

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement