Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I've ordered the same spec about a week ago from inventory. I haven't been given a collection date but have been told that I can expect to be able to pick it up w/c 22nd May. Apparently they're due in on May 20th. For reference, the date range for delivery on the app is showing May 19th to June 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

Collecting next Thursday and Tesla called to move my appointment time as apparently there are only 3 people picking up all day long so they are moving the appointments to be for the same slot.

Really surprised to hear that as i thought they were super busy every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

It is built into the car

Edit. Already answered👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Yep I was asked if I could bring my collection date forward to next Monday.

I explained that I need to finish payments and wait for registration details etc before I can collect so I can't change it.

Did you change the time to suit them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

As rx8 mentioned, no need for a tethered phone with a data connection. The car has an eSim, seems like 4g connection to me.

If you want to save a tenner per month, you can do most all of the functions yourself with a tethered phone (there's a few of the niceties on Maps that you might miss out on, but the rest should work). Although, I prefer the fact I don't have to faff with tethered connections.

Connectivity | Tesla Support Ireland has more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Contacted support over lunch to confirm inventory delivery dates of may 19th -june 3rd are accurate (they are) and that I could cancel my original order (I can) and get refunded (i will)

Unfortunately she couldn’t confirm what boat these cars are on, other than saying that it’s on it’s way to Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

I just called into Tesla Douglas to discuss this - I have an existing order placed start of February for MY LR White/Black, and an inventory order I placed yesterday for same car.

Original order still does not show any VIN, and is marked 12-27th June. Inventory order showed VIN immediately and 19th May - 3rd June.

Cian told me that all MY LRs will arrive on the same shipment, and that the 19th May-3rd June dates are not realistic and will get pushed back!! So the exact opposite of what you were just told. He did say he would ask the delivery team to give me a call (dubious that will happen) and was not happy that I have placed two orders. Asked that I cancel one immediately today - however, based on your info above that your inventory car may be available week of 22nd May, I am going to hang onto both for the moment.

I also questioned the new price of €52,900 that appeared on my account last night for my February order - I had a screenshot - he had no clue. "Human Error" (but why would anyone be changing the price of the car?). He said forgettabout any new discounts in the near future - but hey, who knows, Tesla are liable to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

May 20th arrival in Ireland lines up with grand champion arriving in zeebruge tomorrow + 2 weeks to move the cars to Ireland, so I dunno.

All I know right now is that ordering from inventory means I'm possibly better off, and even if what that guy told you is true, i’m no worse off. That’ll have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

Very true Pete! Let's see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dlynes83

I’m all sorted now insured and everything I’ve de same time slot see u der 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Just chatting to Tesla chat (not hugely helpful) who say that my MYLR Black/Black (ordered in Jan) with delivery estimate of Estimated Delivery: May 19 - June 03 is due to arrive in Ireland on May 29th

I actually ordered 2 (one white one black) "Coming Soon" ones last week when they first became available.

The white one seems to be real, it's available to collect tomorrow or Monday but the black "coming soon" one is now showing as Mid to late June so not really inventory stock at all.

I'm going to cancel my 2 orders for the white ones and hope that one of the black ones comes through by the start of June.

Have been without my previous car for 4 months now (sold the day after I ordered the Tesla) so hopefully will have a car soon.

From what I understand most/all people with an order for MYLR in Black/Black are still waiting for their car?

PS what's the return policy after you buy/take delivery of the car, is it 30 days (minus €1 per km)?

Just thinking that if I don't take delivery till June that might leave the option open to return it if there is some mega sale at the end of June?

In an ideal world I'd like a white interior but with the LR that pushes it just over grant limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I wonder if anyone in Ireland has ever returned car post delivery. Some people were looking into it during firesale and they were told that VRT will be not refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

Yeah I went with the new time. It was only moving from 3:30 to 10:30. Would have been happier with a move to Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

I have been following this thread. I ordered a model 3 RWD MSM mid March, with hidden VIN and delivery window June 12-27. The exact same spec just came up on inventory, and I ordered it just to see if I get an unhidden VIN and earlier delivery date. Answer: NO, date for inventory car is Jun 13-June28!

Thanks for that, it doesn't sound like somthing that would happen too often but keen to know what was possible. Not refunding VRT would seem a non runner.

What would be a normal amount of kms to expect on delivery mine is say 30kms

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Also just got a phone call to ask if I could pick my car up earlier on Monday to 1030 from 330, said I had no reg yet he said he would contact the reg team and a hour later I have my reg in my account roll on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Well after some back and forth on webchat, I received another text after 5pm today to arrange delivery. Fingers crossed picking up Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

It says that for all new deliveries. Cars will have between 10-15 (or at least mine did )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭lau1247

Brilliant, yes see ya there.

How did you sort out motor tax? It didn't show up on the website yet. I'm going to try again tomorrow morning.

I only manage to get the insurance to temporarily transfer from my existing car until next week when the registration is available before I can get the proper policy (that's the problem with getting registration a day before).

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

No tax yet dat wouldn’t bother me. I got mine fully insured today dey didn’t ask much I told it was only registered today all she asked for was reg and make and model.

I will b easily spotted de perv fondling de white MYLR 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lyonsie99

Howdy all. I'm in the May 16th - June 3rd window MYLR Black/Black and have been waiting on a trade offer on my existing car. Tesla low balled it by about 5k ( based on similar model, year and mileage on carzone) and now I'm scrambling to move my existing car over the next 2 weeks. Tesla delayed giving me the valuation until now they have backed me into a really tight spot. Had this happened to anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

I received the message there to arrange pickup of my M3LR and when I went into the options it's offering the 8th to 11th.

I'm gonna hold off for the M3P though and hoping it arrives before end of June.

Just sold my car today so in for an awkward 2 months of sharing a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I have one I ordered in Feb that I'm picking up next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

As well as Donedeal, Carzone, try Vector Motors who have given some folks better deals and know the score for with Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mcalgur

did you get a message before that one to pay off the balance/deposit or was that the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

I received the message to clear the balance a good while ago now but I believe there was some issue with registering new vehicles after the price drops so only got the pick up message this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

You know what your first mistake was there… asking cian 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I concur, that guy has not been correct with his information in my experience.

Advertisement