Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Blut2

The two sets of figures are discussing completely different things, no?

"Over 73% of nurses or midwives said they had considered leaving their work area over the last month." doesn't conflict at all with "an expected 1,800 Irish-educated nurses and midwives due to join the NMBI Register later this year", for example.

73% of workers in any job considering leaving it in the past month is a pretty damning indictment, regardless of if new junior hires are being made in large quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Once again?...from the man who lost all his credibility on nurse-bed ratios and refuses to accept there is a bed crisis.

Hold on, I will address your link data later (registered Irish nurse numbers go up every year as new grads register) but are you calling the INMO liars? It was their survey. Again, which metric are you disputing? For example the 73% considering leaving - is this a lie from nurses? Don't spoof now, address the post and don't distract or move goal posts. The numbers are in bold in my original post. You really dislike nurses!

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

It's not just the nurses leaving or planning to leave.

'Non-EU nurses are paying to come here': Ireland's place in global scramble for healthcare staff (thejournal.ie)

Having researched doctor migration in Ireland for years, Humphries believes that the first step to sorting out the HSE’s staffing woes is to find out why young doctors and nurses are leaving for Australia and other countries. 

We train around 700 doctors a year, last year 432 of them applied for visas and went to Australia. We don’t know how many have gone to other countries. Although some of them are going because they want to travel, they are also going because they know they will be professionally better off there in terms of resourcing and staffing levels. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Any young person, woukd he out of their minds to stay in this country... unless of course , they are on the longterm welfare gravy train..

You can be on **** pay, but hey, at least you can now rent rooms from welfare recipients who's housing you pay for... the young are effectively modern day peasants...

Fg deciding to look after welfare recipients before workers, its pathetic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

But it’s not by Irish nurses, am I right? Not even EU nationals.

I notice You didn’t comment on the trolley figures. Would it be right so to think You’re not disputing them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Another interesting point. What happens, if sf get in... regarding housing. When you have been sniping from the sidelines for years. There will be serious expectation on them from many. They are against doing many of the things that would make serious inroads into the crisis. Increasing densities and reform of the shambles of a planning system. Ffg are obviously a joke, but sf when / if they do barely any better, there will be serious anger

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sorry, didn't lose any credibility on nurse-bed ratios. Just couldn't be bothered continuing to correct all the misleading information being posted.

Why would I accept any INMO survey? Union surveys its own members to find reasons to look for more money. I wouldn't expect any other response to be honest.

My neighbour has considered leaving teaching about every two months for the last fifteen years.

Ah ok. So the nurses that responded to the INMO survey are liars. No retention risks at all in our health service. You really haven't a scooby doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Blut2

And what are your thoughts on 432 of 700 Irish trained doctors last year moving to Australia (and more on top to other countries like Canada)?

Thats not someone "considering moving". And its not a Union's survey. Its cold hard emigration data.

Do you think thats a sign of a well run, nice to work in health system?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Never said they were lying. As I said, my neighbour has considered leaving teaching around 100 times over the last fifteen years. Fed up hearing them moan about it, but it means nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,642 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Teachers have it a lot easier than nurses tbh.

But the immovable object of single public sector pay rates for the whole country is on collision course with the unstoppable force of Dublin (and the other cities) housing crises

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Misleading information? And so, you trust the Government then? I don’t think I have ever heard Donnolly dispute the trolley figures before, so he must attach validity to the INMO’s numbers?

Meantime the green clown Roderick O’Gorman wanted to ship out Ukranian refugees from their ‘home’ they were in for the last year to make space available for incoming asylum seekers?

Where is the logic behind this? Move a settled ( well for a year must surely be classified as settled ) group out , who I might add have school going children. This isn’t the first time this was tried.

Yes the group ( 220 I believe ) were told yesterday they won’t be moved but to even concoct a sick thought like this is wrong.

Its inhumane.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

Minister O Brien said said its because some hotels are racist and will only take Ukrainians not Asylum Seekers. Still doesn't make sense but that was his reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

He is seriously incompetent and should not have been made a minister.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Absolutely disgraceful carry on allowing council house occupants take up to €14,000 a year tax free from Johnny and Mary worker. Talk about double dipping from the state finances. If there are spare rooms in council houses then the council need to do a bit of musical houses, and move people around according to their occupancy requirements.

If somebody gets allocated a 3 bed apartment from the council do they just stay there until they die, regardless of their kids or family members moving out (in all likelihood to another council property)?

Totally agree. One of those refugees was interviewed on RTE yesterday, and She hoped Her son will play for Kerry.

But ROG tried other ideas. Then again I wouldn’t expect anything else from a green - live in their cocooned world without a thought for the person on the street. And if memory serves me right, they tried this before somewhere.

Post edited by WishUWereHere on

Sure yeah...and the doctor numbers I quoted? All pie in the sky too?? Blut already asked but you ignored. Anything on the trolley numbers in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Saw an article about that alright saying the families have settled and were working in the area.

It's over a year now, if they are working surely they've had long enough and should go get their own accommodation and make space.

Where are they supposed to get the required houses/accommodation from? Remember these unfortunate people are here because they fled putins tyranny against their independent sovereign state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

It doesn't matter what they are fleeing from in this context. If they are working they should find their own accommodation the same as any Irish person has to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,642 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Maybe there's some darknet version of Daft where an abundance of rental property is hiding 🙄

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

Agreed, but it takes two to tango. Normally a useless Minister can be steered by his or her competent civil servants, but here you have a made up Dept of various goals - Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth. Some connection here, but also a lot that's not.

Take housing refugees. It's 'housing' but from memory didn't the actual Department of Housing not want anything to do with it, given the increasing challenges in meeting the housing needs of the indigenous population?

The Dept looks like a cobbled together mess. No wonder it went to the Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

A quick google. 20 properties to rent across the entire county. Made even worse because of Airbnb.

I cannot agree with You. We are talking about people who had to flee their country due to an invasion. I believe the only personal belongings they brought with them were what would fit in a suitcase/s.

So I would think they had practically no possessions arriving here. They ( in this instance ) were housed in Caherciveen ROG in his wisdom wanted to ship them out, where we are led to believe numbers 220, which I would guess must be 50(?) families. Apparently a good few of them are working so are paying their taxes I assume.

You try and start from scratch with no appliances to start a house. And as someone else points out there are 20 properties across the entire county, which in itself isn’t enough. To expect them to rent/ buy a house/apartment in Ireland with incredibly high prices is very unjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Calling O'Gorman incompetent is being far too kind. He's knowingly acting against the electorate's wishes and is getting rewarded for doing so. It takes a special amount of "care" to overload the country with immigrants, in the midst of a housing crisis, and then to redirect integration support funding over to LGBQT+ issues. Notice how the govmt leadership never try to stop/scold him for all these Modern Ireland "accidental" missteps.

Notice how no one is calling Varadkar incompetent. The proposed hate speech legislation was contentious long before the public consultation. They are ignoring that the results came in 70% against. This govmt has an abusive relationship with voters that is even attracting attention from abroad.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2023/05/06/leo-varadkar-hate-speech-laws-ireland/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The govt are not obliged to act according to the electorate's wishes while in power, though its obviously generally prudent to do so. But it would equally be dangerous to suggest they are beholden to opinion polls or consultations.

The electorate can express their views at the next election. The govt have decided this consultation does not reflect the views of the wider electorate - I suspect they're wrong but time will tell.

Agree re opinion polls but for Varadkar to so casually dismiss an official Public Consultation - concerning an already contentious proposal that limits freedom of speech - is an absolute abuse of power. 

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I don't support the bill and I think this is a bad look. But its not an abuse of power, he is not obliged to listen to the outcome of the public consultation. Its a consultation not a referendum.

I think its bad politics and he'll suffer for it.

Advertisement