Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victory day parade organised in Dublin by the Russian supporters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Russia signed a treaty with NATO covering NATO expansion. It is called the NATO Russia Founding Act.

100 to 1 certainty those parroting that line have never heard of it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Not surprising.

Would be the kind of demographic that doens't really give a sh*te about anything or anyone outside of his property line and believes the state is there to serve his interests and people like him.

Probably worried it will affect his CAP cheques or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭glen123

This is about the Victory Day event that took place in May 2022.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/russians-at-meath-victory-day-rally-say-they-do-not-back-ukraine-war-1.4872847

Looking at the video in the article and photos on FB, not a single vehicle displayed Zs. As before, various nationalities participated from Russians to Moldovans, from Latvians to Ukrainians.

Having said that, I do remember there was some sort of an incident with cars driving around Dublin displaying Z symbolica, but this was in April 2022, not May 2022 and is completely unrelated, from what I can see.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/disturbing-footage-pro-russian-flags-26687402

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They say America and the west did the dirt on Russia over Allowing various countries join NATO after 1989. 

Russia gave ample warning about it all during the period of time.

I always find this argument quite amusing in that Russia should be so upset by a sovereign nation (regardless of its geographical location) wanting to join a Defensive bloc that’s only purpose was to defend it’s members against Russia if/when they ever decide to step out of line again….. and yet to date no NATO member has been invaded by Russia, but meanwhile in Georgia & Ukraine…..

I have close ties to Lithuania, and they value their membership of NATO as much as they value their EU membership (it’s really really important to them). They, like all other NATO countries have absolutely no interest in invading or attacking Russia, they only want protection from it, but according to Russia… How Dare They?

100 percent guarantee that those "Moldovans, Latvians and Ukrainians" are ethnic Russians from those countries.

Again, there's a level of naivety that's hard to credit as genuine if you think the Z convoy pr*cks aren't there in force at the V-Day convoy. We're all willing to listen to your points, but don't be wilfully silly about things.

• Advertisement

I am sure Zs crowd from the April thing ware present at the May celebration too but obviously they were told to cop on and so they did since the 9th of May celebration was to do with the Victory Day against Nazis and nothing to do with supporting Russia's war which I am sure that sad bunch goes and does elsewhere separately (in the privacy of their kitchens, by the looks of it) but I wouldn't assume all 150 that showed up were Putin supporters and supporters of the ongoing war.

I'd say good half (if not more) showed up to have a bit of fun, have some food and Victory day was just an excuse to do so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You'd say "a good half" would you? Anyone showing their mug at this satisfied to wave Russian flags as their country is up to their neck in a murderous criminal land-grab war is a Putin flunkie and a soft-soaper for the war, and you know it.

If Russian nationalists don't want to be mistaken for outright fascists by their host country, they'd be wise to keep their flags in their attic and their collective heads down. V-Day has been coopted by Russian ultra nationalists (particularly abroad) as an excuse to raise their ugly heads above the parapet and use the cover of WW2 to do so. Their is zero moral or ethical continuity between the righteous defence of Eastern Europe in the 40s and the outrageous criminal actions of the Russian state in the 21st century.

They should stay home until Russia is rehabilitated as a country and the name of the country isn't dirt.

Let's say the victory day parade goes ahead, which it likely will.

On that day, the Irish Government should announce the expulsion of Russian diplomats from the Embassy - as well as closing down that Embassy.

And I don't care what the reaction is.

What Russia is doing to Ukraine is no different to what Hitler did when trying to absorb the Sudetenland into some lunatic 'greater' Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Reminds me of Giuliani's press conference at the Four Seasons... Total Landscaping

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Painting all the curbs yellow and blue would work and it would be hard to hide from coverage with any kind of wide frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

“Mug at this satisfied” …Are you using Google Translate or smth? What language, may I ask?

All i know is that no one should be ashamed of their nationality,country flag etc just because of some temporary figure in politics and their actions. In fact, they should try and show the world that not all Russians (proper ones or ethnic) are the same which in their interviews to the newspapers last year they did exactly that - they stated they didn’t support the war or did I miss smth?

Any Russian that does not feel profound shame at what their country has become and shame in their national character after February last year is dripping with fascism. If their response is to take the streets and wave their national flag and try to pawn it off as a tribute to their WW2 dead they must think the Irish people are idiots. You might be struck down with a severe case of naivety, but most people aren't. But I think you know yourself that you're a soft-soaper and don't have the guts to admit it.

99% of people in this country don't want to look at a collection of braindead gopniks parading around with gormless smiles on their faces as their country wages war on the continent.

Frankly, if any element of this compromises public order, any sh*t-stirrers should have their visas cancelled by the Minister of Justice so they can find their shallow grave in the fields of Ukraine.

P.S, what's a smth? If you're going to be a smartar*e, start spelling words correctly.

Gathering in the industrial estate and driving out of the capital isn’t exactly “taking to the streets “ especially considering that the location of the bbq seems to be kept secret all together. All of it is poorly advertised event if you ask me if anyone was to promote anything.

As for Irish people and who thinks what…Majority don’t care because they have their own issues to deal with so please do not speak for 99% - you have no mandate to do so.

P.S. - btw, may I ask why graves should be shallow and why we want to litter Ukraine’s land with even more foreign bodies that don’t belong there? Is this the new burial ground for ethnic russians from all over the world or smth?))

Newsflash: Nobody wants to look at sh*bag gopniks on the roads or streets of Ireland waving their flags when they should be camped outside the embassy demanding a full Russian withdrawal.

If they're so passionate about Russian war dead, they should become Russian war dead themselves. Off with them to become wormfood in Ukraine.

It doesn't matter what mandate you think I don't have. Nobody in Ireland is weeping for Russian war dead. The sooner you come to terms with that the better. Fill 'em with lead and stack 'em high. Whatever sorry pr*cks are left over can return to their weeping mothers in Russia with whatever limbs they have left.

That's a widespread if not universal sentiment by the way. Russia's name is dirt in Ireland. And people do care. These smooth brained idiots aren't helping the case either. They're not exactly the hearts and minds committee are they?

You're still having spelling difficulties by the way.

You’re mad, Ted(c), but you are fun:)

Night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭slay55

I hope they have a wonderful day. These people are not at war, they are living peaceful lives in Ireland and celebrating an historic time where Russia defeated the Germans.

Nobody's expressing any hatred. These people should have the courage of their convictions, their country is at war and they're satisfied to parade around Ireland waving their national rag. What are they doing pr*cking around an industrial estate in West Dublin for?

Off to the wood chipper with them, patriots one and all.

You're all clutching your pearls because people are expressing sentiment that frankly no one gives a crap how many Russians get vapourized in their fascist war. It's true, the more the merrier until Russia comes to its senses.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Oh wow, thank you so much for taking the time out of your undoubtedly busy schedule to grace me with a response. I don't know what I would have done without your invaluable input. Your response has truly made my day, no, my entire existence. I will forever be grateful for this life-changing moment.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Bringing joy and happiness to Russians and communists since 2014 ,

Yes they are. Not every Russian supports the war, not by a long shot. And there’s people in here talking about attacking them with petrol bombs and rounding them up and deporting them. But if anyone called for a convicted murderer or rapist from Africa or the Middle East to be deported you’d be calling them far right fascists.

Not to mention the xenophobic names been used to describe all Russians. It’s shameful.

Whats next? Smash in windows of Russian businesses? Make them wear a symbol around their arm in public to identify them?

You’re the very type of person that you think you’re fighting the good fight against. And you come across as unhinged. If you’re that upset about this war just imagine it’s in Africa. Or imagine it’s Iraq or Palestine and the Russians are the Americans.

And as far demanding they all go back to Russia and stop this war, why don’t you say the same about asylum seekers from other war torn countries. Of course the Ukraine is always looking for volunteers so you could actually go and do something yourself instead of hiding behind a keyboard calling people names.

Did you just compare these Russians to asylum seekers? 😂

These Russian nationalists can go do one. They're blatantly war soft soapers but don't have the balls to admit it. And neither do you.

Yes, if they cause a public order risk with this event, I'd happily see them stripped of their visas and sent back to Russia to take hot lead in their spines in Donbas for the sake of the fascist war they're trying to make excuses for in a free country.

F*ckity bye assh*les. I'd wave them off at Dublin Airport myself.

Putinite toilet seat sniffers are a surprisingly sensitive sort. Years of vomming propaganda and peddling excuses for murderous behaviour, and when they get pulled up on it they cry xenophobia. Extremely pathetic.

I am absolutely loving the pearl clutchers who have a newly discovered radar for "xenophobia", when d*ckhead Russian nationalists want to wave flags when they're country is neck-deep in a morally repugnant war.

Prime idiocy. They'll get called braindead gopniks until the sun comes down, because that's exactly what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Are these Russian nationalists in the room with you now?

Dont forget to check for reds under the bed at night!

Lol the V day parades have gone on for over a decade and are attended by people who celebrate the victory over the Nazis, same as how most of Europe celebrate VE day. It has nothing to do with the Russian state or Ukraine or Z or Putin or anything else that you foam at the mouth about. Certain posters just like to engage in the 2 minutes hate every day, though for yourself it looks to be every hour.

Take a chill pill, you'll live longer

Lol chill pill. I can tell you're hopping up and down on your keyboard.

I'm delivering a little newsletter about how the majority of Irish people see these fools when they see them waving their Russian and Soviet Union flags. They'll see scumbags, and they're not far wrong.

Should Russians in Ireland feel shame about the war? You're damn right they should. Anyone sticking their head up taking the opportunity to wave a Russian flag should take a long hard look at themselves and their place in Irish society. And frankly, their loyalty to the Irish state is under the microscope given the comments of the Russian ambassador the other week.

Whats your thoughts on the illegal American invasion of Iraq that killed many more? Did you go down and throw paint on 4th of July celebrations? Or are you a pentagon shill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Sorry i would have replied sooner but i tried hopping on my keyboard and it broke - had to run down to the store to get another one. Typical inferior western electronics, cant even hop on them without breaking.

You're making a newsletter? Great stuff. The one thing the world needs more of is expletive filled rants from yurt.

What is wrong with waving a Russian flag? Should Irish people during the troubles have felt shame brandishing a tricolour? Or were/are British people responsible for the actions of the army when they choose to fly a union jack?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement