Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row Reboot PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Series/Epic

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They obviously knew they were releasing a game this bad, so wonder if it was just a case of cutting their losses. I mean, Saints Row has always been b-tier (sometimes to its advantage), but this really comes across like a case of 'get the damn thing out and we can forget about it'.

Skill Up highlighted an incredible glitch in the final fight of the game. Edited version in the tweet below (spoilers, but who cares really), but original video here: youtu.be/T-hsMkWHMLU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This was free to play with Xbox Gold this weekend so have been playing this since Friday. Didn't even bother with side missions unless needed to unlock final mission. Finished it just now and I'm so glad I didn't pay money for this. First of all, the final missions were terrible. Fast travel is unlocked by taking photos in certain areas, I barely upgraded weapons past the first level and was still using same guns at the end of the game. Graphics were all over the place too. There are also way too many collectibles available to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got it for €25 in GS on 23/11 last year and still haven't taken it out of the box.

It's the only purchase I've bought where I've had buyers remorse before even playing it!

I'd sell it to CEX for €14 now but I feel like I should try it first haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

They finally revealed the roadmap

MAY

The Heist and The Hazardous Campaign DLC – comes with the Expansion Pass

Sunshine Springs New District – Free for all players

Quality of Life Update – including Selfie Mode, combat improvements and so SO much more – Free for all players

JULY

Doc Ketchum’s Murder Circus New Game Mode – comes with the Expansion Pass

Quality of Life Update – more to be revealed – free for all players

AUGUST

Expansion 3 – Campaign DLC – included in the Expansion Pass

New district – more to be revealed – Free for all players

Quality of Life Update – more to be revealed – free for all players

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool, will finally give this a go late summer when it's dirt cheap and improved. Same with Dying Light 2, getting quality of life improvements over multiple months, waiting for that as well.

• Advertisement

Right, update coming soon and patch notes lists a ton of changes to make the game more fun. I see the game is currently 8 euro in Gamestop 2nd hand with a load of copies around the country and cex give 7 cash for it so worth a spin at least but from feedback on here, my expectations are on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Got on release enjoyed it for a few hours but then it bored the sh#te out of me so traded in whilst had its value (oh, the glorious days of trade ins...). Still for that price it's worth a lash if you've a passing interest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm still gonna wait for Plus inclusion.

It's like, I know it's gonna be boring but it's niggling me to try it, same feeling as Gotham Knights but yeah, 8 euro worth a punt, get it out of my system :)

Gave this a go today with the new update and it's.... actually fun. No idea what it was like pre update, gonna look up a comparison video tomorrow, but the combat is fast and satisfying (i turned off enemy health bars) enemies die quick enough which apparently the update fixed as they were too spongey before. Driving is fun and i don't hate the characters yet. Maybe it's my low expectations but I'm having fun so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Patch is out? Cool!

I bought it back in Nov, but haven't played it yet, so might jump in now and see what it's like 🙂

This guy saying the combat is much improved but the dlc itself is awful. The free update fixes a ton of stuff and ads qol stuff as well with a new area on the map. The DLC then gives you 3 missions in that new area and it's getting slated across the board for being so small in content so I'd avoid buying the dlc in case anyone was wondering.

Advertisement