Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Personally I think the only option I would have changed would have been Jennings for Ralston. And that is so harsh on Kilgallen who has had a great season. But it's clear Ralston is showing something extraordinary to win that place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭serfboard

I was at the Cardiff match and Boyle was interviewed by the MC before the game. Asked why he wasn't playing he said straight out that a couple of poor performances led to him not being selected. Yer man the MC seemed a bit surprised at his honesty and said to him something like: "You're not supposed to say that. You're supposed to say 'squad rotation'".

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭kita99

Can they(including light-waight FL) stop ulster's Maul ? Murray's line out steal is truely excellent but succeeding rate as the team is not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Murray will certainly put more pressure on the ulster line out than most teams. Glasgow have a strong attacking maul and I felt Connacht looked after it well enough

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Our maul d has come on hugely this year, but the Ulster attacking maul is too good- only way handle it is to deny them access, which means as few penalties as possible in our own half. Easy said but hard done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Our maul d has come on hugely this year, but the Ulster attacking maul is too good- only way handle it is to deny them access, which means as few penalties as possible in our own half. Easy said but hard done.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

We should be a couple of tries ahead here with domination up front. Jack not shining but at least he's taken his penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh to have even a league average 10.

We'd be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Can't believe Tom Farrell didn't give that pass, absolutely unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭testtech05

As a huge Tom fan that was very poor from him. He's normally so good in those situations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭durthacht

Well done Connacht!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

That was a new type of win :)

Are we at home for the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

That was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

An absolutely fantastic defensive performance. You could have given any if the forwards the man of the match and I've no complaints with Hurley-Langton getting it but for me Blade was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rtyped

So delighted it would have been a travesty if they lost. Got to take all their chances against the better sides though :-)

Ugh looks like we've to travel to SA.

Not sure how I feel about that, think they should have the same rules as Europe that the Saffas have to travel for the knockouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Great win, performance was far better than scoreline suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Strand1970

Absolutely class, high stool for next week if it's an evening game.

• Advertisement

Regardless of the semi result, a very successful season given how we started I'd say, only real regret is losing to Newcastle away effectively torpedoing our Challenge Cup chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

I'm usually on here f**** and blinding after a loss so excuse me for going over the top in the other direction this evening.

That was unreal. So proud of every one of them. I thought we needed a perfect performance to win and we didn't get one but we toughed it out.

Nearly took the door of its hinges when Marmion made the late break to set up the last penalty, wish I could have made it to the game but I don't think the feeling would have been any better even if I was there. Well done to everyone involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Mighty win. Massive congrats to the team/management. Puts a lovely gloss on the season and hopefully Leinster do us a favour tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Don’t half make things hard on ourselves 😂

Hurley Langton was immense, he’s been improving all season especially last few weeks but that was an incredible hour performance. Shows importance of picking on form.

Thought Mack Hansen & Bundee really stood up too, as they would always need to for us to have a chance. Everyone in the pack likewise, great to see Tierney Martin winning the last penalty.

Decision making was very poor - Tom Farrell, Bundee, Carty and Marmion all with big big errors. Shows the difference between the two teams that Connacht managed to win despite those critical errors. Have to get it right next week to have a chance.

I have been as harsh on management as anyone, full credit to them, they have delivered best season since 2016.

Be tough in South Africa and will be underdogs again but ya never know, 80 minutes from a final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Superb Connacht...great stuff....brilliant season.

Dan Mcfarland for the Ireland womens head coach job.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Can't remember the last time I was so engaged in a Connacht game. Utterly immense performance by all 23 involved. Can't remember the last time Connacht were so up for a game. It was so hard to watch and the same time you felt such pride in your team.

Many will know that is difficult to raise a game to such a level next week. There will be so many sore bodies to be repaired. Never mind the Hansen Porch head clash.

I was a bit concerned about the Connacht replacement strategy. To replace Finlay and Cian so early, knowing how much they offer, was a really brave call.

Ultimately I am over the moon with this result. It was deserved. It just simply was deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Let's make no mistake, we were the better team tonight, and deserved to be out of sight. If we had lost, it would have been a travesty.

I think we can go to South Africa next week, and win

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Considering he's been a fringe player nearly all season it's been crazy to see how much SHL has exploded into form the last 6 weeks or so. Seemed like he was destined to be one of those SH signings that just didn't work out but he's come good right at the business end of the season.

God love him and he's been an incredible servant to Connacht but Jack was pretty woeful for most of that game. For once his goal kicking was good but the rest of his game fell apart completely.

A Connacht legend but couldn't believe Marmion's 3 box kicks in a row during the last couple minutes. We somehow won the first two but he then put up another one which was lost. Almost cost them. I was screaming for someone to stick the ball down into the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Phenomenal win. They will have no fear in the semi and anything is possible. SHL was a man possessed and the quality Mack, Bundee and Bealham bring is really visable. Josh Murphy is a complete beast in the tackle too. Very bad night for Jack. Hopefully he can put it to bed as we need him playing well. I hope Dowlings injury is not too bad but he looked very uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mackattack11

SHL = goat

Advertisement