Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Rates were 4.9% last year, that’s what I got and wasn’t aware there was any wiggle room on that.

So you got 3.4% pcp last year? How much deposit did you put down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I posted similar here last year and the response was disbelief etc.

Everything finance related is negotiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I don’t understand though why BMW would bother negotiating rates when the purchaser is committed to the car and they know you’re buying it anyway.

I suppose a purchaser could go elsewhere for the finance bit in my experience they really don’t push their finance offering at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd imagine the idea is to fight the rate before you are committed or to very strongly state that you have other finance options. That said, I've never got on with bmw sales ...... Always seem to produce a worse deal than advertised.

Because they make as much money on the finance as they do on the car, sometimes more.

If you have the option of alternative finance or even a cash sale then they'll often vary the interest rate in order to incentivise you to use their finance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

It was'nt PCP it was HP. The advertised HP rate was 5.9% so I got just under 4.5%. With trade in and cash I put down just over 50k and financed 30k. As I said I was only doing the financing if it made sense for me. This was october

It was also an iX3 msport pro, I cancelled my i4 order as the delay was annoying and the iX3 was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

I managed to negotiate the PCP rate down 1% and also managed to get a better deal on the final payment of my used car, which was only fair as they really take the piss on how much interest they charge in the first few months.

Worth trying in any case

My M50 has left the factory and commenced the journey to Cork.

Based on last time I'm guessing I should have it in maybe 2-4 weeks. Will be just over a year since I took delivery of the e40.

Mine is due in the dealer at the end of the week apparently.

there are 14 i4 m50 available for immediate delivery on the BMW website with various specs so they aren't the unobtainable car the dealers led us to believe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tons of them on DoneDeal too. Some of them priced at €93k. Not a chance!

Cheapest is €67k for a sport version that I can see.

• Advertisement

Don't recall the app having any pre delivery features this time last year but maybe I just missed it.

My ionity sub expires in the next few days but I need to go Cork-Dublin next week.

Does anyone know if you can month to month Ionity Plus sub or if it's an annual deal?

If it's month to month I'll extend for a month until new car arrives but if it's annual I'll just use the PAYG pricing for a month until new car arrives at which point I should have another free year of Ionity plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I pay 9.99 per month for an ionity sub, not sure if I have contract or not but I could defo stop the payment if I wanted on any given month

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Your steering wheel appears to be on the wrong side. 😱

Is it ok to charge at home to 100% regularly?

I know they say it’s not good for battery longevity but considering I’ll only keep the car a couple of years shouldn’t be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

My take is that its OK so long as you're not doing it on DC fast chargers regularly. I have free charging in work so I tend to top it up to 100% on Fridays to do me the weekend for whatever I get up to. Sitting there heading for 100% now actually. On Monday I'll bring it back up to 80% for the weeks commuting unless I know I'm going somewhere further.

And because I charge on DC very infrequently if I need to I have no problem going to 100% on them either.

I've seen conflicting info but that's the theory I follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yes basically, its harmful to leave the car at 100% charge for long periods of time but charging to 100% and then driving the next day is no issue imo, also in my case at least, the car already has a 15% buffer on the battery anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

You need to charge to 100% from time to time to let the cells balance.

I always say leave the battery management to the manufacturer and charge to your needs. Deliberately lowering your range by not charging fully is really difficult to understand people's thinking. Pay more for a bigger battery and then hamstring it 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

From my understanding charging to 100% is ok as long as it isn't left sitting for long periods of time and not done regularly with a fast charger. A user manual will probably recommend 80% but I'd say that's manufacturers covering themselves because people doing low mileage would have the car sitting nearly full for a lot of the time but occasional 100% charging is important for balancing cells or something.

I read a lot of posts online about it just to be sure as I'm keeping my car long term and want to ensure good battery life. Plus there's a buffer so 100% isn't actually 100%.

I also trust modern battery management systems. I charge my phone to 100% daily and it's still going strong 2.5 years later whereas in the past they'd be dying after a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Hi,

Starting to look around for my next car and the i4 is definitely in the mix. Just wondering what people think on this one mainly in terms of asking price ? I havent really been keeping up to date with the shifts in prices over the last while but my initial take on it was this was a little high - am I wrong ? It does look like a decent spec and personally I like the colour so might go have a look and see.

[url]https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/i4/fpa/202304286787305?journey=Search[/url]

Obviously the more important price would be on cost-to-change rather than the straight sticker price but any thoughts appreciated.

• Advertisement

Asking price aside, the colour would leave me sick. But that’s a personal thing so once you like it.

I personally don’t think the M50 is worth the price tag compared to other performance orientated EV’s, but you are paying extra for the badge and premium bmw build. For example, a faster or at least just as fast EV is over 30k cheaper brand new but it wouldn’t have the premium badge or history.

Alternatives - same price but year newer and better colour IMO - https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/i4/fpa/202304116172155

6k cheaper - https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/i4/fpa/202303024808310

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

I know colour choice is subjective and would certainly have to see it in person before deciding but I like the red colour. I know some people rave about the Portimao Blue but for me that would be the least preferred option. Black is OK but a bit boring and I've had a number of Black and Grey cars so was thinking something a little different, there is the other darker blue or navy which would be OK for me also.

I'm certainly not limited to just the M50 either - the 40 should be plenty fast for what I need. I do however want it to be well spec'ed so in BMW terms that means having the comfort pack, technology pack, M sport Pro pack etc

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

How is build quality bad? As an i4 owner I couldn’t agree with that, I’ve found it anything but. Your giving advice on a model your not really in any position to give advice on.

Aventurine Red is a great colour IMO. For the M50 the price is fairly steep, not worth it for some, worth it for others. Tesla Model 3P is a cheaper alternative (for performance) if that’s your thing. Similarly priced is tough, the KIA EV6 GT? It’s alot for a Kia. I don’t see the M50 being comparable to the eTron GT or base Taycan either, both of those are considerably more expensive for a half decent spec. Certainly if you put on the same options the M50 has your over €115k for both. Might be worth waiting to see the i5 eDrive40 price. Prices for the i5 should be available at the end of May.

1. You’ve misread my post. I stated “premium bmw build”. How in your obsessed little world you think that offends your car I don’t know 🤷‍♂️
    2. Ive had more BMW’s than any other car, yes any other car I’ve owned with 2 still sitting in my possession. So don’t get offended because someone talks about bmw like it’s your little baby.

BMW make some great cars, they also make some crap cars. Their customer loyally has gone down the drain in recent years, especially in Dublin. We lost that when M&G shut up shop unfortunately IMO.

You edited the post :)

you had bad originally & changed it to badge after I posted

I did yes (bad—>badge), but never once mentioned bad build quality. Quite the opposite so no idea why you went on that little rant 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Slightly unrelated but looks like it might be possible to get cars quicker soon if the new orders from our German manufactures continue to decline month on month based on this:

Cost of living crunch possible kicking in plus increased interest rates maybe having an effect. Only one month though so let’s see.

Definitely possible.

If you look at the amount of i4’s on DoneDeal now compared to 6 months ago there’s no waiting around anymore.

Plus, for some reason Tesla sales have sky rocketed in Germany. Now that may not effect us as they are LHD sales being taking away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Everything go ok with the deal ?

What are you intial impressions with the m50 and would you change any spec if reordering.

Advertisement