Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice coffee place near parking?

Options
  • 05-05-2023 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I don't visit Waterford city often other than the hospitals. An old Cork friend (even more a stranger to the city than me) wants to meet me there for coffee on a weekday morning. I can't walk too far due to a temporary mobility problem, so can anyone suggest a decent coffee & cake shop with parking nearby - say, up to 5 minutes walk away? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Blackfriars & Teolai are both nice and in Ardkeen near the hospital with parking outside. Arch in Ballinakill is nice too with loads of parking but nowhere to sit down inside so really more of a takeaway place. The cafe in the peoples park is also nice and theres paid parking across the road and street parking along the sides of the park but they can be busy and sitting inside can be tight. My favourite though is Trade on the quay just down from the GPO. Lots of parking across the road from it and lots of seating inside & out.

Apart form that you have all the usual Costa chains in the tesco ardkeen & harvey norman car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Grow HQ also a great option - https://giy.ie/grow-hq/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

I was only there once but it's a lovely place, just a bit too far from town as we will be pressed for time.

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I think Trade could do nicely, less than 10 minutes walk from the business my friend is visiting, handy parking for me and also highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Park near the GPO and find your way to Gallweysin Henrietta Street, or the cafe in Bishop's Palace. Latter is very nice.

Advertisement