Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victory day parade organised in Dublin by the Russian supporters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

For all those who want to labour under the delusion that this convoy isn't Kremlin connected, who is organising this jamboree? Council of Russian Compatriots of Ireland.

Who are they? I'm glad you asked.

These Compatriots organisations are in every country with a significant Russian diaspora and are directly coordinated by the Russian embassy. Have a veneer of "community group", but are actually a nationalist rent-a-crowd for the Russian Foreign Ministry for when they want to kick up a fuss.

World Coordinating Council of Russian Compatriots is the overarching body which is directly under the control of the GRU.

So yeah, anyone defending this convoy is a useful idiot if they want to admit it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The same people cheering orcs don't want ukraine to win it's war against the Russian military invasion,

Odd

What's wrong with waving a Russian flag? When you're doing it at the behest and coordination of the Russian embassy in the guts of a fascist war, that's when.

Feel free to spend your life acting as a useful idiot and speaking in defence of an autocratic regime. Perhaps you like the masochism of it all. Other people aren't so naiive.

I was opposed to the Iraq war and marched against it. Any other questions?

The difference being, the US embassy didn't astroturf pro-war events in Ireland did they?

And if they did, the people turning up or defending it would have been labelled as useful idiot suckers wouldn't they?

The US did not kill anywhere near the amount that Russia is in Ukraine by the way. The vast vast majority of deaths were caused by insurgents and Islamic extremists, and it wasn't even close. We got into the weeds in this on another thread, and the Putinbots came away looking like the idiots they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭monseiur

Sadly the atrocities being committed in Ukraine didn't start with Putin's invasion last year. A far right militia brigade based in Mariupol called Azov committed similar atrocities near the eastern border of Ukraine - they have been very active there since 2014. (They were armed & financed by Kiev) They targeted innocent Ukrainians civilians who were suspected to be pro Russian and showed no mercy to young or old. (Not all Ukrainians are pro West and some in the far east still look to Russia as their motherland) When the war started Azov, or what's left of them, were drafted into the Ukrainian army and indeed their leaders were decorated by Zelenskyy. The very same Zelenskyy who visited the ICC in The Hague yesterday, bet no one had the balls to demand that he hand over his Azov leaders and others who have committed war crimes under his watch. They should face the same rigors of the law as should Putin & his henchmen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Honest question why do you keep bringing up that term? I understand you don't like the Russians at the minute but that doesn't mean that you have to lower yourself to their level by using such a dehumanizing term.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Not true.

Actually in a multi page UN report they were mentioned 3 times while the orc forces were blamed for atrocities and war crimes,

Don't come along and try to tell a big story when you don't have the basics right,

The atrocities Started in 2014 when Russian military forces invaded eastern ukraine,

when Russians invaded

I'm not lowering myself to their to level.

I'm sticking to the facts

The Azov battalion spent their time waxing Donbas separatists and uniformed combatants.

They were a nasty outfit that had little time for the rules of war, but there is no serious accounts outside of Russian propaganda guff of them systematically or deliberately targeting civilians.

Russia started a dirty war with astroturfed separatist extremists and later regular debadged Russian army. Azov rinsed a lot of these assh*les and sent them to meet their maker, which made them a bete noir in the Russian world.

They were never a particularly large outfit and were composed at the start by mere football ultras (from a particular club when two of them were shot dead by Russian irregulars in cold blood). That Russian forces got f*cked up by them is actually rather humourous.

Keep on huffing nonsense from the Kremlin propaganda hosepipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This ruthless invasion by Russia of it's neighbour and the massive death and destruction they have wrought has had huge effects all across Europe, even to us on the edge of the Atlantic. Many Ukrainians are paying the ultimate price whilst others suffer horribly. Meanwhile we are also affected in many lesser but still significant ways.

I'm sure there are Russian citizens living here who do not support this vicious war and that there are others who do support and brag about it. The best advice to all is that they should lie low, keep their heads down and don't stick two fingers up to the Irish public. Because it won't be tolerated - they can fook right off back to Russia or wherever they want to go, we've no use for their likes here. It's that simple.

• Advertisement

Because anyone arming themselves to invade and pillage another country at the behest of fascist is going to meet their end. They'll meet their end by the laws of war or will be sent back to their mothers infirm eating through a straw, so what does it matter what they get called?

After the butchering of civilians in Bucha and the razing of Mariupol, you're worried about what people on the internet call the perpetrators?

Your backside is showing son.

You don’t get to tell people to keep their mouths shut because of what country they’re from. Simple as that. Again did you do the same for Americans and British living here for Iraq or is this just the current style? You are a hypocrite. Plane and simple. And you’ll do nothing either.

Thinly veiled “our war crimes were justified”

And you’ll do nothing either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭monseiur

If only everything was just black & white, life would be very simple. Certain folk find the inconvenient truth rather difficult to stomach. Unfortunately real life is very complex whether in war or peace - it's not just American spaghetti westerns, cowboys (good guys) against the Red Indians (evil)🤣 The fact is Azov were and no doubt still are xenophobic, neo Nazi ultra right wings who harboured white supremacist ideology. As well as targeting pro Russians in east Ukraine they also targeted minorities like Romas and others. Just because you have a small minded blinkered view of the world does not mean all truth is Kremlin propaganda. All war criminals should face the full rigors of the law at ICC in The Hague, or elsewhere, not the selected few.

The Defender's of Mariupol will go down in history as Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

I thought this event was to celebrate victory day in WW2?

Are they celebrating or commemorating anything in relation to the current conflict in Ukraine?

I'll repeat, there are no credible reports outside of Russian guff indicating systemic deliberate targeting of civilians by the Azov battalion. You can guzzle all the congealed nonsense from Kremlin hosepipes all you want.

What they did do was wax Russian regulars and irregulars by the bushel in 2014, often not by Queensbury rules, but I can't say that I give a sh*t.

They were nasty pr*cks, but hey, don't try to bring down a state by hybrid warfare and you won't get nasty bastards sending Russian fascists to the grave.

I'm not a pearl clutcher, every Russian separatist or unbadged regular Russian troop earned their ticket to the afterlife in 2014 and beyond.

Tankies never learn. I see Prigozhin is losing it. Filmed a video of himself wading through the bodies of his merry army of criminals, ranting at Putin. Love to see it.

Tankies should really form a support group.

Kind of like AA, but for people who can't cope with the fact the vast majority don't give a hoot if Russian invaders get smoked by the thousands by whatever means in Ukraine and end up as pet food.

"And then...and then...Gatling called Russian troops...Orcs"

*sobs uncontrollably*

Is your credulity anything to do with your Tankie posting in other threads or is it a mere coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

No they are not related to current Russia or war in ukraine , but the Russian association is enough to set certain posters off in bouts of incoherent rage

• Advertisement

Preparations for Victory Day going well...

This is what you're soft-soaping my Tankie friends. Gopniks on an Irish motorway having a lark pretending like their countrymen aren't getting mowed down by the thousands for nothing but the sting of defeat that is coming Russia's way.

If you're clutching your pearls at the thought of war, pull your head out of your rear end and stop cheerleading for it.

That goes for the idiots at the convoy and barbecue. They'd be better served pulling in to Orwell Road confronting the Ambassador. But they won't, because they're dancing to the embassy tune, and because they're labouring under the delusion that Russia will somehow come out on top when all this is said and done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Just let them have their completely inconsequential silly little parade.

Nobody is upset. Victory Day is approaching and it's prime Tankie mockery season.

And you will be mocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anyone speak Russian?

Would love to see a banner hanging to welcome them to the meetup point "Welcome Cowards. You're not welcome in our country, go die in Ukraine to prove your love for your own regime".

Russian Compatriot organisations are coordinated by the Russian embassy in every relevant country.

Tankies are the most naiive creatures to walk the earth.

Oh they will let them. The loud mouths on here won’t do anything except hide under the bed and abuse people online during this crappy parade.

Google translate could do that for you. Why don’t you make the banner?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

After the recent "Cotton" debacle, who'd be stupid enough to use Google Translate for anything they were paying good money to print?

• Advertisement

I don’t know about that. I googled it but nothing came up. Probably because it was google.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement