Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Availing of a 3 for 2 offer yesterday and when I went to the till, it turned out there was some further reduction so it was actually a 3 for 1.

Happy days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Almost home earlier today, when the rain and hailstones came lashing down.

Got somewhat drenched but the TH is when you dry off, get changed and sit down with a nice hot cuppa. ☕️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being in Porto for a few days. I had a brilliant time there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just found out that Koch Media recently released a second pressing of their Miami Vice BD set. The original (which I missed out on) was selling for €600+ on Ebay.

Went to their website and ordered a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was sitting out in my garden earlier, when a robin landed on my knee! I am tall, and I once played a tree in a primary school play, but this was still a first!

• Advertisement

Threw a bag of popcorn into the microwave yesterday evening. Timed it absolutely to perfection as there wasn’t a single unpopped kernel left at the bottom of the bag.

Just top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

was on holiday for a few weeks and the break away has given me many new perspectives,.. some internet related.. so limiting my social media activity etc,. felt good unfollowing certain threads/pages/websites etc. #focusing on the positives etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The face on Frank Lampard jr when arsenal scored their 3rd goal . 2 teams I hate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Saw a butterfly in the garden yesterday, first one this year, one of the little blue guys, no idea what its called. Summer finally here, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lost a hubcap, and the hubcap I've been walking past for 2 weeks at the side of the road, fits.😁😁😁

Manchester United losing with the last kick of the game in the 98th minute; to a penalty.

"Fergie Time".

That I experienced life before mobile phones, social media, chat gpt ...

It was a better time. I know people look back with rose tinted glasses as they get older but it genuinely was if you're talking pre internet.

Yes you can connect with people all over the world but the negatives it's created far outweigh the positives imo.

That I do not get upset by dandelions and daisies in the grass.

That I am not obsessed with cutting and maintaining a lawn.

I guess my point is that I have experienced both times so I can appreciate the difference. I think the Internet is a great thing, but the 24x7 social media culture + now AI, is a nightmare for people starting out in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

have you seen the series Black Mirror? if not I think you would enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

the bible bashers that I answered the door to left when I used my walking stick and said I was in pain. Every cloud etc .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I was served in a shop today by a guy who had a cigarette behind his ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went for a walk earlier and it was raining so there were a fair few puddles in the road.

A car went by me and the sequence of puddles it went through just as it passed me made a perfect splashy sound version of the first line of the muppets theme tune :)

• Advertisement

Sitting inside with thunder and downpours outside ... window open ... birds singing and still bright !

It seems to be over here, and everywhere looks really fresh after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,615 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Appraised my summer clothing collection, it seems I’m justified in spending a few bob in upgrading and adding to the wardrobe which is kinda nice as I’ve saved up a nice windfall over the last while, not going out as much or going on holiday so going to hit the shops on Thursday evening… both my favourite labels have nice summer stuff now…. Hopefully the sizes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,605 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didn't realise they do Pepsi in the 750ml bottles now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm off today and sib has left the house on his own and will be gone till at least 12, first time in months I've had the house to myself for more than 10 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A load of absolute gombeens photographed in the local paper standing behind a giant plastic cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,615 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just happy for the weekend…. Im going to do absolutely nothing… feet up… and enjoy good sport on TV, nice food, some films on Netflix and generally be slightly antisocial…😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A bit of heat to sit out in the garden at last!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Went to see my niece and nephew today and got a great greeting after their holidays , hugs and loads of stories 😁 and then the little princess insisted she give me a manicure 💅

😳😳😆

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Awh... That's adorable, Seph!

I hope she has better aim with the eyeliner...

Advertisement