Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ventus Velocore

Options
  • 03-04-2023 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Is anyone currently playing these shafts and are they worth the upcharge. I got a lend of one to test on trackman and the ball speed and carry increases were noticeable versus me current Tour AD DI shaft. I was 145 avg ball speed before and with velocore was cruising easily avg 152-154

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Didn't go for it but tried it in my driver fitting. There was a slight increase from about 158 in the stock shaft to 160 in the velocore. It did feel nice but couldn't justify the extra €320 to order it with the already expensive TSR3 i got. I think theres probably a bigger gap between the standard cheap ventus that is in most Taylor Made clubs and the Velocore. As much as I like spending money on golf gear I think premium shafts are really a bit much for an amateur unless you are playing at a very high level and intending on competing in the big amateur comps in Ireland IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AlanWatts

TXG compared the standard vs velocore on their youtube channel, good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Much more stable, better accuracy, best shaft on the market, well worth the money. All players not just elite players will see a notable change in accuracy. There is a reason why 50% of tour players are using it and none are getting paid to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

Yeah thats the feeling I was getting from it dispersion was really tight on it and the ball speed and carry increases from not even changing swing mechanics was noticable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Is there anyone around Ireland fitting these, would like to try a few before I purchase but cant seem to locate anyone who has them in stock yet - based in Limerick

• Advertisement

As far as i know nearly everywhere has them available. I know when i got fit in O' Dwyers they had them available for all of the clubs, price varied by the manufacturers though so some i assume were subsidising the costs or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

YA Mcguirks have them online but not in the Limerick facility for fitting - Same with most other Limerick fitters - Will have to go further a field I think. Thanks

I'm not familiar with fitters down that direction, i'm not sure McGuirks actually have them for fittings anywhere, seems to be a custom order online with them. I know Foregolf have them, Naas GC has them, O' Dwyers (Clonmel and Kilkenny) all have them available to try out. I think most of them should have the full range that the manufacturer offers. I tried graphite design and ventus but there was premium Tensei options too. I think someone here posted about a fitting studio in Killarney that might suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Maybe check out the Fujikura Dealer Locator

https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

Ciaran Hegarty has the full range to fit in Millicent golf club in Clane. Outdoors on GC Quad I was only there last week very good set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

From Ballyneety Driving Range Newsletter

We are delighted to have received some upmarket driver shafts to give you more options when driver fitting with us. We have added the Ventus TR Velocore Red, Blue and Black in stiff and extra stiff options, along with Fujikura Vista Pro in Stiff and extra stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

@Ivefoundgod What did you get fit for in O’ Dwyers? I know 2 lads that got fit for drivers and 1 lad who got fit for irons from Ryan and they were all very happy.

Im gonna go for a driver fitting either this summer or by next Jan/Feb

I got fit for Driver, 3 wood and driving iron. Very happy with it, only weakness I think is they don't have a projector setup so you are looking at an iPad for data. They have a massive range of stock and shaft options and Ryan that does the fitting is really good. Price is the same as McGuirks for anything you end up buying and the fitting is free if you buy. Think its €50 if you don't but theres no sales pitch or anything really and he'll give you an honest assessment of gains/recommendations. I was getting an extra few yards out of the Velocore for example but he said it wasn't worth the extra cost compared to the stock shaft (I did subsequently pick up a velocore from @kod12 😂 ) Playing partner did a full bag fitting with him as well just recently and very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

Thanks for that, I’ll definitely go there when I’m getting my new driver so.

Advertisement