Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

im not sure how the betting has gone from munster -1 to munster +1 after the team announcements.

Thats a very strong team that munster are sending over and stronger in my opinion than the one that stressed Toulouse, in France, so much back in january, and Glasgow are NOT Toulouse. I think Munster have a very good chance of winning this and are value at +1.

The serious question is, yet again, over munsters front row. I rate loughman above Killer, and Barron in open play above scannell, but archer is a step down from Ryan (when compared to that Toulouse game). Crowley is a step up on Carbery and the midfield of Frisch and Fekitoa is better than Frisch Crowley. The advantages of the swap of RG for Hodnett in the pack 5 speak for themselves.

The extra week to prepare, Glasgow having one eye on the challenge cup final, plus the obvious determination to revenge the less than stellar result from the last visits to scotstoun (edit: in thomond!) .... its definitely there for the taking for Munster.

Post edited by sydthebeat on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I think Munster have the best chance of all the away QFinalists of winning.

I take your point on the front row but in fairness to Archer, he’s been in brilliant form the last 2-3 games or so. Probably his best spell in many a year.

It’s pretty interesting to see how the back-5 of the pack go tho…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Munster should win. I really hope Crowley goes guns a blazin!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Should be a good travelling support as well. Flights to Glasgow were cheaper than chips and plenty of tickets were available. I'm not even sure if it sold out

Munster owe them a big performance to set the record straight after last month.

Sharks knocked us out of Europe this year, Munster returned the favour with interest and knocked them out of the Heineken cup for the next season.

Glasgow beat us at home in the regular season, so we need to repay that with interest by beating them at home in the knockouts

There is no love lost between these two teams. It should be a brutal and physical game. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Looking forward to this one, I like the look of that Munster team. Go well lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I get the hype re Crowley ….really exciting prospect …so much poteintal really good in open play but so far a novice at 10 and hasn’t showed he can play smart when needed and control a game ….he’s a step up in an out of form carbery but Ben Healy has been the difference lately when introduced at 10

if we were serious about winning this game healy atm is far steadier and more assured at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I like that they can put on Healy and the whole game changes. There was a noticeable improvement when Ulster put on Doak last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

War God has led his men onto the battlefield.

It's time.

Ah crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

That's a shame. Hopefully nothing too serious.

• Advertisement

THE D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Munster under alot of pressure but confident in their defensive system. Great pressure and turn over!

Well ****. Hope both ok

Yeah... you're bringing the D a bit too hard when you kill each other...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I've no volume, is that Synman gone or is it blood/HIA or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

What happened to Snyman?

Snyman HIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Jesus Jackman is so hard to listen to and hates Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Munster their own worst enemy. Attack is very lacking and set piece leaving us down. Need to settle ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I thinks he's the best analyst on RTE these days.

THE D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Glasgow, so inspired by Connacht last night, have decided they'll butcher as many trys.

Great defence. Been all Glasgow but I’d be worried if I was a Glasgow fan as Munster will come into it. Munster just need to settle.

Munster & Glasgow: "Where we're going, we don't need overlaps"

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

F*ck yes

Beauty! Great play going through the phases.

Rope-a-dope-counter-punch masterclass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Coombes is a monster. Amazing carry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Brilliant,that will take the wind out of Glasgows sails

Advertisement