Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,299 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

GSW up by thirty at the end of three. James losing the cool, got a technical at one stage and got his team to challenge a foul by him on a three point attempt by Moody which was an obvious foul and obviously they lost.

James and Davis sat the whole fourth quarter, Curry say the last nine minutes or so. 27 point win in the end.

Scores coming from everybody for the Warriors. All the starters posted double digits. Klay Thompson with 30. 20 and 12 assists for Curry. So impressive how Steph can change it up when necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I was so confident about todays game that it felt weird, I just think Davis can’t do it consistently and LeBron can’t either with all due respect, if we move the ball and knock down our shots, we are good. Obviously series is far from over but I think we will get 1 in LA.

I probably sound like a broken record but Poole is trash, I mean just total trash,he needs to go asap, can’t believe how much I dislike him.

I thought Hachimura looked really good, I would like to see more of him, there is something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

yes but Father Time and all that, I think his time is coming to an end, May end up like Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Didn’t bother getting up to watch it, GS were always going to win big in game 2. AD just can’t bring it night to night. Was always about Saturday night’s game imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yeah I think we've all said it for awhile, AD isn't the guy to bring it night after night after night, which is why he needs LeBron beside him even if his powers of consistency are also waning.

I think Lakers will come out strong again on Saturday and make it 2-1.

And like all my predictions, I expect a blow out now from GSW.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

As long as he can stay uninjured, which for him seems impossible in the Play Offs.

that was a move that was rumored in the championship year - Paul is 3 years older now, and had a poor season by his standards. I think that ship has sapped tbh.

I fancy the two away teams tonight.

I reckon playing Embiid in game 2 won't have helped him. The Celtics will be all out to make up for that home loss.

I think the Nuggets are just too good for the sixers. I expect them to take one of these two games and I think it'll be tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

I agree with you I think the Celtics win tonight because Embiid still isn't one hundred per cent

but I am going with the Suns to get one back at home tonight with a monster game from either Booker or Durant

won’t won’t post as a link so you’ll have to copy and paste but….lol:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrbJ8h0PCHM/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Advertisement

Boston and GS to be at least 2-2 going home I reckon. At least.

i cannot see Denver losing to the Suns now with Paul out. I didn’t see them losing with him in btw, but it tilts massively towards Denver now. Good to see Gordon widely lauded for his defence in G2 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

First post (I lurk) but just thought I'd mention the Boston game is on BBC1 now (just in case any of you normally go streaming).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Boston started very well, but Embiid looking in bully mode

Embiid may throw 25+ free throws at this rate

Yeah he looks back to himself tonight. Two blocks and 12 points is a nice tally in the first quarter.

Celtics started hot, held a lead between 7 and 10 for a good part of the quarter but as soon as their three point shooting cooled down the sixers were right back in it.

Rob Williams is on fire, he really changed things. My favourite player to watch, I just love blocks and high rebounds. Williams has three blocks already.

Williams makes such a difference. Thou hard to complete against Embiid, at least gives him a tough contest when he is on the floor. When no Embiid to go against, Williams looks a monster

Celtics by 7 at the half. They looked the stronger team, much more in sync with each other. The Sixers look a bit tired.

Jaylen Brown doing a great job on Harden, he's kept him to 8 points in the first half.

The guy whose really upped it in the playoffs for the Celtics is Marcus Smart, he's had an excellent game to this point.

I have a feeling the Celtics are going to up the pace in the third and try put this game to bed early.

12 point win, all the starters and Brogdan scored double digits. A real team performance. Embiid played well but he didn't have much help.

Happy to get that game back.

• Advertisement

Welcome firstly.

Really? BBC are showing NBA again? Good to know, hopefully it’s not a one off.

Did they use the US commentary feed or their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Seems to be just a smattering of games - 1 game in this round, 1 Conference Final, 1 NBA Final. Not sure about commentary team unfortunately, I had to watch with sound down.

If Williams stays healthy Boston look the pick of the remaining contenders. He’s by no means their best player, but he is likely their most important in that the whole defence is built around him, and looks completely different when he’s unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Anyone got predictions for tonight? If Jimmy Butler plays will be interesting to see is he one hundred per cent

The Lakers and Warriors game I am really looking forward to I can't call it but I am expecting two huge performances from AD and Lebron....

You can't predict when AD is going to be on or off.

I like the Warriors tonight, they are just a tough team who know how to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

This match has been a real tough watch. New York are 6-32 from 3.

Lakers favourites?

Give me the Warriors and Steph over 26.5 pts & over 4.5 assists at 31/10

AD, LBJ and Russell with 21 points each after the third. Vanderbilt has done a lot of good defensive work, most of it won't show up in the stats. Lakers up by 18. Warriors look tired.

AD best player on the floor by some distance. When he's on he looks awesome and when he's off you'd wonder how he's got a contract.

Up to 25 point lead now early in the fourth. Nash should rest the starters in my opinion.

• Advertisement

RIP Warriors.

Ye had a helluva run.

Advertisement