Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just about to post this, apparently this lad is tier 1 for Argentina player transfers

Very happy with that I must say, get it done early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its mad the way fees have gone though in the last three years, he would have been a 50-60m all day long but the market is gone crazy.

I do think he'd fit in very well in the team and is at an age where he's ready to play straight away as well. Also has plenty of league experience which is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Systematic intentional neglect and it's well documented. Liverpool had 20% unemployment in the 80s twice of anywhere else. I've read an awful lot up on what thinks we're like there and it was so bleak. Torn apart from riots too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

What was the reasoning behind the systematic intentional neglect, who benefited from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not sure who exactly benefited from it but there is a reason fûck the Tories is sung loud and clear, Liverpool was left to rot in the 80s, especially after the riot's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I hope this is not true

A good player but not what we need and certainly not a bargain at that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not what we need - in what way is he not what we need?

If he has two legs and can run then we need him.

Mac Allister has been one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the PL all season. He was also a vital part of the Argentinian team that just won the world cup.

As as happened before and more so in recent years he'll no doubt be written off by certain fans within a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yup, definitely one of the types of guys we need. I mean, we literally need to fill all 3 midfield roles with a new starter. The biggest priority is probably a 6 (which I guess is the reason for the Ugarte links), but Mac Allister could take the Thiago position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Can't understand why anyone would complain about signing MacAllister ( if it happens), I think he would be a fantastic addition, seems to be always available, which is extremely important and a definite upgrade on what we have right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Let's hope he makes a similar impact to the last McAllister we signed 😂

I could care less about the price he's what we need.

Your buying from a premier League club there is always a big premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Being a World Cup winner (and having a great tournament to boot) adds a good few million too.

Honestly buy caicedo too and we are sorted. Probably for the price of Bellingham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

From what I've read, MacAllister is like a more reliable Nabi Keita. Which is what we need.

We also need another Fabinio/Gini and I'm guessing Ugarte is who we are after there.

And probably a new Henderson which could be Mason Mount? Not sure if their styles match up though.

And a surprise too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ltd440

That would be an amazing combination,

If we got the right RB in, I wouldn't mind Trent taking Hendo's place in midfield either. Been really impressed with him - not just his passing, but his dynamism running through midfield, and his interceptions and tracking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I've talked of Mac Allister for ages, he would have been so much cheaper last summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

We really should have moved TAA into midfield replacing Hendo last Christmas when the league/champions league went, give him 5 months there and then access now if he can be one of the three midfielders we need this summer.

Thought it was a mistake selling Nico Williams last summer, he was a good understudy to TAA and could have filled in nicely this year.

Don't know what the deal is with Ramsay, is he still injured or does Klopp think he's not ready yet?

Got a season ending knee injury a few months ago unfortunately. Won't be seeing him again until next season.

• Advertisement

Caicedo will be more than £100m. They already rejected an £80m bid from arsenal in January.

Williams wanted to leave because he wanted to get regular first team football.

Ramsey is still injured. Something to do with his back and hamstrings and the way he was growing wasn't it. Thing Gerrard had something similar early in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That would explain it, seems to be very injury prone at a young age though.

He arrived with an increased risk of a back injury down the line from something to do with his growth alright, so they took a few months to correct that - and then he picked up a separate knee injury that ended the season.

Bad first year alright, though the doctor had some positive things to say about the future at least, saying this bad first year of recoveries should set him up for proper long term fitness going forward - they didn't seem to see these things are being reoccurrence risks. But sure, we'll see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I really like that new kit but it also reminds me of Phill Babb and Steve Staunton of all people. I don't get the 70s thing, it's more in and around 98/99.

Yup, makes me think of the 97/98 shirt on Michael Owen. Round white collar, and cuffs. Though yeah, I guess they're all inspired by the 65 shirt.

I love the current shirt we have right now to be honest. Clean and simple, with a nice shade of deep red. Shame it's not been represented by a better season. New one's very nice too though.

"FSG never spend money"

Liverpool close to 80m deal for Alexis Mac allistar

"What thats way too much he's 50m tops"

80m gets you Harry Maguire. Let that sink in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I can't see the club triggering the €60M release clause for Ugarte.

Mason Mount is at his best counter pressing in the opposition's half, he would be the Lallana/Oxlade-Chamberlain replacement.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mount and Mac Allister are the only midfield signings replacing Milner, Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain. Having two additional fit bodies available would have a major impact on getting a consistent performance from our midfield.

Maitland-Niles confirmed a couple of weeks ago that he's leaving Arsenal at the end of the season. He possesses the physical attributes to be a success in Klopp's midfield. He's also the kind of utility player that our squad is missing and another homegrown player.

Christ I hope not, we really really need a new high energy 6. Mac Allister can kind of play there at a push, but it would be a waste, much better a bit further forward. Fab is looking a bit more composed of late, but still a shadow of himself out of possession. Bajcetic is promising, but it would be nuts to put that pressure on a kid. A proper dedicated 6 would be my number one priority this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeah a new no. 6 of quality is required. Would probably rather take a gamble on Lavia if Ugarte is going for 60m. Was he at city in time to fill one the homegrown quota in a couple of years.

Bajcetic can play in the Europa league and cups so he should get a decent bit of game time and be an understudy. I wonder if the Europa convince Kellher to stay one more year as he will more than likely play up until the quarters/semi's? Although for his sake he should be moving on.

Surely Mount is really going for 50m in the last year of his contract. Will remind me of the 40m was spent on ox when he was in the final year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Hey all, I just think we need Cacedio more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I really don't think Klopp will want another top level 6 for a few reasons.

1. He'll back Fabinho to get his form back.

2. The tactical change now puts Trent beside him. Trent has been really showing great defense abilities from that position.

3. Bajcetic was spectacular this season. He won't want to block his progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Gakpo is improving in fairness to him,much better then nunez but I'd still actually prefer Bobby,there's no need for me to have a lie down it's just an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Why does he have a free pass?he's just not good enough and won't be nxt year either,a doctorate in english won't help him for those using the he can't speak english excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

If Bajcetic is good enough - and he has shown signs he is - then play him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's all relative.

He stepped up when the midfield around him was atrocious and looked good by comparison. Results overall were not acceptable during that period IIRC.

Ultimately if he was a starter next season, or even our first/second sub for the midfield three, then I think we would be in trouble in terms of where we want to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

If we go into next season relying on Fab, Trent and Bajetic, then Europa Conference is all we deserve.

Bajetic was very good this season, but look where he is now - we literally ran him into the ground and he's out for is it 6 months. Great to see Fab returning to some form, but the last 12 +months suggest his legs are gone and we need more legs and energy there. Trent is doing well, but we've no cover down the RHS, so we'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul unless we get a decent right-sided player to replace him (no Milner for cover there remember).

We need legs and someone to stick the boot in where necessary, and do the simple things. It was galling recently to see the likes of Villa bossing us with the likes of Luiz and Buendia in midfield, good players but not world class, just very good functional players in an organized formation. Every player we buy doesn't have to be a 100 million superstar.

Two new midfielders (starting quality).

Fabinho

Thiago

Hendo

Bajatic

That might be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

It's rare that signings are paid in full. It's probably a complicated Klarna/Humm type deal. 30m per year over X years. With a load of incentives attached.

If it's not him then I hope it's a similar type and we are not foisting a player in there who isn't suited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Tyler Morton coming back after a decent stint at Blackburn, probably will take one of the 2nd tier cm positions for next year. HG as well.

• Advertisement

I agree with you, I just don't see the club being willing to agree to pay the money for the player. It's not like we haven't seen this before. Enzo Fernandez, Matheus Nunes and Moises Caicedo were all wanted players last summer, yet the club wasn't willing to pay what was being asked. It strikes me that being seen to get good value in the transfer market is more important than getting a much needed player into the club.

There were inquiries to Porto about Luis Diaz in the summer of 2021, but the club wasn't willing to pay the quoted price. Tottenham agreed a fee to sign him in January 2022 and all of a sudden Liverpool sparked into action. The deal agreed had a reported potential value €5M less than what Porto were asking for the previous summer and the transfer was presented as a coup afterwards.

No matter what happens in the transfer window, Klopp will go into next season making do with whatever players are in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So according to some reports(could be bull). Bellingham wanted to come to Liverpool for a few years before eventually moving on to Real. Those plans were scuppered when we couldn't afford him. IF true I for one am glad we are not getting him

That's not hard to believe, the club had made a similar proposal to Mbappe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Could be a difficult evening against Brentford with there counter attacking & set piece prowess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Brighton just signed a player for 34 million, club record, so it looks like a deal is done for Alex Mac. You don't throw around that kinda money that fast without knowing you have money coming in

They sold Trossard to Arsenal for £27M in January so they already had a pot of money.

• Advertisement

Gakpo in midfield.

A Tobey XI

Kill em that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That's a light midfield for cover if we're expecting Trent to still roam free today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wonder if it is Gakpo in midfield or a more traditional 4-2-3-1?

Interesting that the 4 forwards start. I would be reluctant to say 4-4-2 with wingers without Diaz. Can't see Nunez or Gakpo playing as an old school winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What anthem? Fair play to the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Excellent fcuk you to the crown

• Advertisement
Advertisement