Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The quality of contestants on Tipping Point . Question, A Belgian man moved a stone and effectively changed the border with which country ?? One said Austria and the other one said Spain !!!

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They have a different type of invisible disability. Not one recognised officially by anyone, yet, but they still have it. I think it's called me-me-me syndrome. Very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cherry blossoms.

Beautiful, but never last long.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

Not having the energy to look for a better job ! And all the usual fears preventing me from looking + some juicy new ones since the last time I switched jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

in terms of brands, I have my favourites, stick with the winning formula..

so Sony, Samsung, Apple are generally my technology go to’s…

purchased a brand, a smart watch by another well known Chinese manufacturer, the dumbest move ever, its dreadful….

firstly it’s noticeable the build quality is poor, the strap, flimsy rubber, you’d think is off a child’s watch that you’d get in a lucky dip….. the screen is tiny… it’s not for me which is the annoying thing… might keep it and buy them something else.

I find the same, especially with tools . The brother used to buy cheap tools while I stuck with DeWalt , Husaqavna? Etc. Cue him looking to borrow mine because the cheap crap he bought of travelling salesmen broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

One of those days. Had an ole biddy seem to appear in front of me everywhere I went in a store today. Instead of walking to the side so people could pass by she walked down the middle of the aisle at snails pace. Reminded me of the Mr Bean episode of the old wan on the stairs blocking his way.

Then went to the supermarket and they were all out in force. Family out with 2 young kids blocked a whole isle, parents looking at every bloody bottle of of pop, the girl of about 3 running up and down the isle while the boy of about 4 or 5 sat in the middle of floor with his legs sprawled out. Couple at the booze also had to check every bottle of whiskey or whatever so blocked me getting what I wanted. It was also the time when the shelves were being restocked.

Ahhhhhh.

• Advertisement

Luke Shaw… must be abjectly one of the most dumb fûck professional footballers I’ve ever had the misfortune to see at Manchester United.

your team are seconds away from securing an absolutely vital point in the hunt for CL football…and you do this Luke, did he forget about VAR ? The only worse decision was by Ten Hag who seemingly has a liking for playing a player with dubious arial ability, with dubious decision making ability, a complete mango brain when the pressure is on.. yes, playing him at centre back…..where composure, discipline and good judgement and sound decision making is 10000% imperative…. Sell him to West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

What's annoying also is the Tesco workers with their big trolleys taking stuff from shelves. I just realise they are probably getting online shopping for people. But there's so many of them in the way. And then they start shouting at eachother having conversations. It drives me bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The amount of bots on here these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Market Square in us local town used to have a few benches for sitting on (obvs 😁)

few yrs ago them benches were ripped out (probably cos certain 'elements' hanging about [least that's what someone told me - being a recluse i talk to eff all folks at any sort of length, and unless i see it with me own eyes, me generally don't know what's going on in locality 😆 ] - Roma types 'touting' for 'bidness' etc, those of 'female' persuasion that is.. that sorta bidness 🙂 )

yep, I missed them benches - handy for passing half hour etc,, mebbe shoot breeze with someone; busy area so not much mayhem there generally during daytime, at least - could have coffee / smoke a fag / read paper and the like; grand if ya were waiting for bus etc - far better than walking round town or sitting in bookies, esp if sun were beating down 😊

bit of regeneration/or 'works' anyway going on recently - footpaths wideneing etc

lo and behold - da benches is back

now that is good

but TA is it's only a cynical move imo; as given times and less folk shopping etc, they decided to do summat to make place more appealing for more footfall, to wit more shoppers/consumers

reckon when things (if they do) get 'back to normal' - inflation slows down, perhaps - then them benches be ripped oot again 😕 😒

rant ova 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

ya , but ya see, you're in Tipping Point 'state of mind' so to speak cj 😋

if that question were asked on "Fifteen To One" , or "Mastermind" - more "high-brow" quiz shows; one might consider the "Belgian Man" a 'Red Herring'

sure, he might've been Belgian, but it don't equate necesssarily to his not being a prominent personage in a country other than Belgium . he might've been a heavy hitter in Portugal or Switzerland for all we know - so answers like Spain and Austria wouldn't sound so dumb if he, the "Belgian Man" had influence in countries like Portugal and Austria 🙂 🤣

then again, it were a Q asked on Tipping Point 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Out-of-pattern traffic. I'm on the bus heading into town and have been stopped dead in Terenure for about 15 minutes. You'd expect any heavy traffic to be outbound at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so what is the answer? I can only be one of four.

France, it could be one of four but definitely could not be Austria or Spain !!

football … and two of the football teams I support having management / owners who seem to willingly disregard the centuries old understood tactical sound judgement that to win football matches you need to create chances, and score goals…make and take those chances…

so packing your team full of well intentioned, tidy midfielders comfortable on the ball with not much pace, penetration, footballing intelligence or ingenuity is no use whatsoever. I’m watching Bohemians have by far the greater possession vs Rovers… having the most implied threat but absolutely creating nothing in the final third… no final ball, can’t cross, can’t take corners now ffs…. can’t do SFA… it’s not a complex game… 🤪

Edit : and another corner goes the height of ten floodlights followed by Bohs denied a stonewall peno and a red for rovers….

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I liked his earlier stuff like Purple Rain and 1999 but not really a fan anymore so I won't be tuning in today to watch the coronation of the fella formally known as Prince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Wasn’t a penalty, he got the ball first

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Brian Dowling and Artur flaunting their baby on every paper or social media every blessed day .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Bless them....they are the only people ever to have a child!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As its "Darkness into light" time of year, the usual suspects are in local media doing the publicity.

One of them is a person I went to school with, they got a degree(a real one not a "bought degree" like I got for being dyslexic and passing classes) travelled the world teaching, heavily involved in tourism with their family when they returned, had grownup kids and is still married.

Ta is two fold, every year ppl say the person involved looks like they don't "do much" as they are overweight and have an interesting choice of "look" and that its always the same ppl who make these remarks showing that as they get older they are not learning much about the real world.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

VAR in football again.. ok, I’m wishing for a Manchester City defeat but in the lead up to a Leeds goal, Gundogan gets elbowed in the head twice… once is certainly deliberate…. Whatever about sanctions red vs yellow, it’s as clear as day a foul, in fact GBH….bizarre how whether it’s in employment, sports, politics or whatever aspect of modern life… that people with the greatest responsibility in respect of decision making, just even with so much technology, assistance and know how…cannot get this stuff right….

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭galwayguy85

Trivially annoyed that my years-old Garmin Edge 200 (a bike sat-nav which can also record average speed, distance etc) always reports a speed that is more flattering than what Strava reports (post ride when synced over USB). It does this reliably.

Have recently bought an Apple Watch that can collect the same kind of stats (but I never use it for navigation). The snag is that it seems to take a lifetime to sync the ride to Strava when I get home (if at all). The Apple Watch and Strava tend to agree on speed etc. Some consolation.

I now need to bring both with me on training rides (even if I know the routes) just to be sure I have ride data to record! 🚴‍♂️😟

I'm TAd by the TV signal that keeps disappearing when you're in the middle of watching something, only for you to be left with either a post-modernist TV artwork or snapping, screeching sounds that wreck your head. And that's if you even get any signal at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Today's TA - wifi signal. perfect on ipad, 3 iphones in the house. Laptop, comes and goes whenever it likes. Had a company transfer all data from old laptop to new laptop but they added a whole load of techie stuff which did my head in like Kapinsky security, One Drive automatic syncing and now wifi drop outs upstairs. WTF is happening - any ideas?

Looking forward to a nice tranquil, peaceful, relaxing and non annoying Sunday morning.

forget it, 10.35 after not so great sleep im woken by my neighbour who has decided that Sunday morning May 7th 2023 will be a DIY day.

Starting off he’s making a cacophony of noise removing all his gear from the garage….

he starts off with his about 1987 petrol mower doing a decent noise impression of a 737 which is going over the same 14/12 foot moderately sized garden for about 35 minutes, then comes the verge strimmer…..after that he’s spending the guts of an hour what sounds like dragging a metal shovel or hoe across stone,,, possibly trying to get weeds or grass from between the slabs. I’ve genuinely no idea what else he could be at aside from this…

now he’s slamming my property beside my room with what sounds like a wooden brush, as he tries to clean up after himself….certainly empathy for them (he has a hearing problem) disappeared years ago. His missus should just say… “Kevin, maybe now is not the best time, that makes an awful racket and it’s Sunday morning ” over two hours later, still going as another thud smacks the property. Grrrrrrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stupid cringey supermarket ads

"Shop without compromise "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement