Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well no Dark this week either. If they do away with those then that cuts down on a number of people. The Dark shows were pretty much the only place the likes of Emi Sakura, Marina Shafir, Dark Order, Wingmen and others had pretty regular matches. Also where the likes of Skye Blue got her start. Also, unlike the main shows, the opponents actually got announced instead of just showing up and getting beaten with the commentators maybe mentioning their name at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

TBH the Roster could do with some cutting, personally, I would remove the following from the male roster

Aaron Solo
    Action Andretti
    Alex Reynolds
    Andrade El Idolo
    Angelico
    Anthony Ogogo
    Brian Cage
    Chuck Taylor
    Colt Cabana
    Danhausen
    Evil Uno
    Fuego Del sol
    Griff Garrison
    Isiak Kassidy
    John Silver
    Lance Archer
    Luther
    Lee Johnson
    Mark Henry
    Maro Quen
    Michael Nakazaka
    Miro
    Nick Comoroto
    Parker Bourdeux
    Preston Vance
    Peter Avalon
    Santana
    Scorpio Sky
    Serpentico
    Cpt Shawn Dean
    Sonny Kiss
    Trench

While he's sorting out the roster for the new show, he needs to sit down and sort out RoH as well and make it feel like a separate brand rather than just another AEW show. While there are some RoH guys that are only on RoH, we also have a number of guys appearing across all shows, even defending RoH titles on AEW shows

• Registered Users Posts: 86,433 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I thought last night's show was ok, bit mixed. Enjoyed the Shida swerve, the crowd reaction suggests there's definitely some interest in this Outcasts feud but it's not been setting the world on fire for me. The 4 Pillars match was broadly what I expected, but no harm I suppose.

Saw that the Youtube shows are officially gone The thing I'll miss most about Dark and Dark Elevation being cancelled is Taz and Excalibur's plethora of nonsense on commentary. Pour one out for Remix Jones and The Wingmen's lounge quartet.

• Advertisement

The Shida thing was strange. Like how much interaction has she had with the Outcasts before now? Then hugging and all as if all planned. But yeah nice swerve with it, though Willow was forgotten about. Would've been better if she was standing with Hayter, Shida and Britt.

So that Battle Royal was for no reason but to show trios teams? And then another trios match next week, or is it on Rampage. Neither are for a title shot, though sounds like House of Black are issuing an open challenge anyway. Thought they were relinquishing the titles at first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tony forking out for Killswitch Engage song rights for Roddy is gas. Never saw anything in him. Not too into the 4 pillars stuff either, 3 of the 4's promo skills nowhere near where they should be to carry this.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Satnam Singh in overalls made me laugh tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to say that skit was fairly funny, I wasn't expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Tickets bought for All In!

Hoping I can actually go now but hopefully a good show.

Reminder: Rampage starts at 23:30 Irish time today. You won't want to miss the trip to the Hardy Compound... 🙄

Luchas and Vikingo vs Hobbs and QTV might be entertaining though.

CM Punk will be the star of AEW Collision most weeks, but he will be on Dynamite at times when needed.

Those with unresolved issues with Punk would be on Collision the week he’s on Dynamite. The idea is to get people to resolve issues but that hasn’t happened yet

- WON

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I can understand the Bucks/Omega thinking Punk is a d***. Let's face it by all accounts he is if you have to deal with him regularly. But it was a scrap where one or two of them got punched. Get over it. Why would you be acting like you're afraid for your safety if he's in the same building? If you work in an office and you're not a fighter maybe it's a bit of a risk but they're professional wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I haven’t seen anything saying it’s for personal safety. I’d imagine they just don’t want to have to see the fella’s face around the place every day when they come to work.

I know it was only one time in it but thought Tony said there'd be no more weird Hardy teleporting type stuff, then they had the space/time continuum bending in this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeap.

I worry cause we watch these lads fight every week, some people forget that “just a scrap” isn’t something you normally brush off. Punk barged into a house the Bucks built, insulted them massively in front of millions of people, and then assaulted them. Tbh, I think it’s pretty decent of the Bucks to be professional enough to find this new arrangement (presuming it’s not something that’s being over focused on to hype up the brand split).

Could do without ever seeing another Deletion match ever again tbh. That one did nothing for me. Is Matt broken again? How did that happen? I don't watch Rampage was it explained there?

Like all wrestling promoters, they'll say whatever lie in the moment to get them off the hook then go back to whatever when people have mostly forgotten. Also remember this match next time people are complaining about wrestlecrap or whatever nonsense and they insist it's only one company does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Punk is a díck, and he spoke in the wrong time at at the wrong place, and supposedly went to fists first but what did he say when he tore them a verbal new one that has been actually proved to be false? No one actually definitively knows what happened when they went into his lockerroom etc?

I think that saying that the bucks are pretty decent and professional when they're -at least - partly to blame is slightly off the mark there.

I don't think any of the parties involved in that shíte are blameless even if one party behaved far and away more badly than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jericho being the cowardly heel and not wanting to be on the same show as Adam Cole is going o be used for the addition of the new show and part roster split.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd imagine London could miss out on The Elite or Punk (most likely him) if they don't want all them in the same area

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's the best part of Hey E.W. - getting to see a little bit of who the person really is cause RJ's gonna do his best to fluster them. "That's not gonna work for me brother" had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lots of rumours tonight that AEW’s next to deal will be worth $1b over 5 years and will involve steaming on Max.

Warners up fronts are next Wednesday the 17th so a live announcement on Dynamite maybe.

The source for this was some random twitter guy and I don't think anyone with any credibility has weighed in yet.

Like you said though, we'll know in a week. Pretty sure AEW will get a good deal out of this and t being on Max would be a slam dunk.

Meltzer has confirmed the announcement is coming on Wednesday, but hasn’t confirmed the figures involved.

Well we know Tony likes to tease big announcements that will change the industry, the world and all our lives forever.

• Advertisement

I would be imagine it will be a damn good deal though, with a new show coming, the momentum of the Wembley show and the Youtube shows disappearing something is up.

Be shocked if they're not on Max. I could be wrong but I believe they've never actually called All In a PPV, possibly because it's going to be on Max. I also think that with Max launching officially on the 23rd, bringing something that shows how Max is a new service and offers something fresh that HBO Max didn't aside from rubbish reality shows could help. If it brings in a hardcore audience that won't unsubscribe because of PPVs and such then it makes absolute sense. It would also get Max into the news just before launch.

Whatever it is, if AEW get a massive deal then WWE will be licking their chops for a bigger deal too.

Advertisement