Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Collection experience goes well for almost everyone so it should not come as a surprise. Repeated questions about it may serve to introduce degrees of anxiety well above what is deserved. For those who are awaiting collection you will love the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Black MY LR cars were a popular choice in January when prices dropped. They were the only grant qualifying LR Y that wasn’t white and lots of Irish buyers wouldn’t want a white car. For whatever reason they have made no effort to send these cars over the last 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

My final invoice is imminent- and this is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger.

Where are all the hundreds/thousands of recently and to be sold M3’s and Y’s going to end up in 3/4 years? Will other manufacturers want them as trade ins or are you stuck with Tesla ?

I fully appreciate there is no better car for the money with a m3 or y on the market. Over priced and poorly spec’d id4’s or price inflated Ioniq 5’s…however it does seem like the ‘traditional’ brands make trading in easier with a face to face business model. The recent price cuts have also hurt pre 2023 Tesla owners.

If Tesla offer ‘low ball’ offers will you be stuck with them? Where will second hand m3 and y prices be in 2026? The private sale route isn’t for everyone.

All advice welcome -

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I think it's also fair to say that anxiety is probably normal as collection day gets closer!

I can only speak for myself but I always feel better having as much information as possible (good or bad) beforehand.

You have to remember that for the majority on here, it is their first Tesla experience and the more that report back after collection, will serve to inform those yet to collect.

For example, there have been reports of dodgy PPF installations by some. That is great information to have in advance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don’t buy a new car if your worried about devaluation. That’s the crux of it unfortunately.

Things will be vastly different in 3/4 years with the current cars being outdated anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Very possible.

But here in Ireland we care far too much about devaluation on our cars, and I blame the reg system. If your reg didn't have a year on it, would you care as much?

Also, values are very different to how they were years ago, at the moment anyways. As the move to EV continues we see electric cars holding value very well. No one knows what's around the corner and your car could be worth the same in a few years, a bit more even, or a lot less.

For example, what do you think would happen to the value of your car if Elon decided to put the price up €10k next month?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Glad you got your car and are happy with it.

But this kind of happening really grinds my gears from Tesla. People who loyally waited for months getting skipped over is very unfair in my books. I get it that TESLA want a new customer, but they aren't winning many fans by doing this

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭lau1247

Collected mine yesterday. Spent a good bit of time there too. Luckily the weather held up and was actually very nice. Not as busy as I had anticipated.

Went through the checklist someone posted a while back (https://teslaprep.glideapp.io/dl/d0a5f4) serve as a good reminder but if doing again, I'd recommend to print it out because the webpage reload every now and again and you lose the tick you have selected/checked.

All in all, the key collection was quick, 5 mins in and out, then the rest of the time is just you checking your car (and most probably comparing to other similar model near by) or playing around with the system.

I did find some panel gap issue. One is the boot and the other is the light. Logged a service request already. So keep an eye out for people collecting soon. Below is the left and right side for comparison purpose.

State of battery was 34% when I got it. Popped over to Sandyford for a charge. Very busy, I guess most people have the same idea.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

Can anyone comment on this? I had a M3 LR order cancelled on Thursday via web chat. I got the SMS, replied "YES", and the guy on webchat said I should be refunded. However, the order is still showing up on my account with no indication it was being cancelled. Does it take a few days for the cancellation to go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Thanks @lau1247 for photos. I wonder how many people are not aware of requirement to do quality check on pick up and take cars as they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Many thanks for the above. Great information 👍

Very best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

How bad does it look and how will that be fixed by ranger?

I’d say loads. You have to quality check any car from any brand prior to driving away. It’s an expensive purchase but people get caught up in the moment.

How bad does it look and how will that be fixed by ranger?

It may not be done by ranger. It may go back into sandyford service centre to be aligned.

Yes. Always for warranty work. Could be anything really from an M3 to an MX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭lau1247

The top part is not as noticeable unless you look closely but the light cluster is definitely more noticeable. But I believe both issue are related. As in, if they fix the alignment of the boot, the light cluster should automatically be fixed to by the same adjustment

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yazzer

Paint Protection Film

Any recommendations for PPF application in Dublin?

Has anybody here installed PPF themselves - even if it was a limited set of panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yazzer

I cancelled through chat and same process but order was gone from web and app immediately. No refund yet - cancelled on Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Recently I had a ranger checling a very noisy boot locking mechanism. He checked the gaps on either side they differed by ab 1 mm but he said that any boot lid adjustments are done in the shop as the lid is very heavy and someone has dropped it before. The lock is still very loud compared to a near silent operation in M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Picked my Y up yesterday. As others have already metnioned the exterior was very dirty as if it had been on a building site. Was talking to a staff member beside the car and he said it was filthy without me having even mentioned it. He checked that the fellas that wash them were still there and brought it down to them for a quick clean.

Again as others have said the PPF was awful so raised it in the app.

Took no more than five minutes to finish the sale and get the keys.

Car had 42% charge. My "free" 150km of credit was active on my account so went to Enfield and topped up to get home.

Really is a lovely car to drive.

I added the tow hitch but I see it wasnt installed, anyone know should it have been as I see on the Tesla website if you buy one afterwards it says it includes installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

Hi all, I'm about to pull the trigger on a M3. Any chance I'll get it before the grant is scaled down from 5k to 3.5k in July?

My dilemma is I'm looking at a M3 RWD grey with the white interior for 44k. Says may/June but I presume this won't happen?

Or else under accelerated order there is a the same as above with the upgraded alloys for 46k. Saying coming in soon on website

Dilemma is I may end up paying the same price for the first option if it arrives in July or after vs a slight upgrade on accelerated delivery option (assuming this arrives before july).

Any thoughts/experiences? I'm new/naive to tesla and their delivery times so any suggestions very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Check the frunk for the hitch itself. Everything else should be installed

Nobody can really give a difinite answer - especially on the M3 because Revenue are dragging their heels updating the OMSP for VRT calculation. But your best best would be to order from existing inventory as the likelihood is you’ll get assigned a car immediately and it will be on a ship that’s already en route.

If you know anyone with a Tesla already you should use their referral code too 👍

Am I the only one who’s kind of hoping to pick up my Tesla and want it dirty? 😂 I’d much rather not have the Tesla lads wash it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

I cancelled M3 RWD yesterday via webchat; it is gone from my account.

I ordered M3 RWD from inventory on Thursday, to see if would come any quicker than the same car ordered mid March with hidden VIN and EDD of June 12 to June 27. The inventory car also had a hidden VIN and EDD of June 13 to June 28. So my guess is that the 'coming soon' cars are on the same ship as the M3s ordered since last February (ones with EDD of June 3 to June 27). I think there is a good likelyhood that we will have them by end of June because Tesla is Quarter driven and will want sales completed by end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

Great info to have, thanks a mil

• Advertisement

Is the VRT issue not just for Long Range, not RWD? My order agreement for M3 RWD has been updated with new OMSP.

Advertisement