Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I have to agree with this. I’m all for holding out for what you want. But her sense of entitlement is glaringly obvious. Her first line is basically an insult to anyone who dared to message her.

“I’m a professional woman who likes to travel, go walking, dine out and I’m a settled homeowner and established in my life and career. I’d like to meet someone with a similar background and interests as myself” There you go, job done without belittling anyone.

And if she’s none of these things - then she has no right demanding them of someone else.

If she doesn’t like getting random messages then chose a platform where only matches and/or verified users can message you. Or better yet join a professional matchmaking service.

We've all been on the receiving end of some dodgy messages. It goes with the territory. You just ignore them or block them… then come on here and rant about them 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Totally agree! The way you phrased it would be the exact way to go about it. I suspect she’s not all of those things herself - if she was she would know to write something like that would come across really badly. She’s just entitled with a bad attitude. But at least she’s letting people know what she is like, and she might meet somebody with a similar attitude at least and they can be welcome to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

It is a wish list. It's really like a job ad. You need to apply, when you fulfil like 80%. She mentioned she looks for an equal, so maybe she herself fills these points. I don't see it as bad. Just looking for quality, if she can afford it over quantity,

It’s the way she has written it that is very unappealing.

I also like to eat out and go for trips abroad etc, I work hard and would like similar. By saying ‘do you really think I’d date you’ she’s coming across that she thinks she’s better than the people messaging her, it’s just not nice there’s no two ways about it. What Pwindedd said was a classy version of stating what you want. Tbh the way it was written makes her come across as a bit trashy. Maybe if she got rid of the text speak etc she might attract somebody a bit more ‘professional’

@pgj2015 out of curiosity - was she very beautiful? Or was it fake tan fake hair fake nails type vibe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I guess a profile like that might resonate with someone else who has no awareness of their inflated ego. Plenty of those around, and they are also often the ones who don’t understand that their communication style doesn’t resonate with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Interesting - I didn’t expect that from the wording ‘OMG’ etc. If she’s particular she would be better off not using POF, and as I’ve said she won’t attract a professional with his life together by speaking like that on her profile. But sure good luck to her 🤷🏻‍♀️

I agree, it was the first line about "do you really think id date you" that was the worst part of the profile, its a nasty thing to say. I didn't look ah her height, will try to find her profile again and check it but her job wouldn't suggest that she earns a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Terrible grammar and acting like a snob at her age. Oh the irony.

• Advertisement

I think dating sites have algorithms that make it difficult for people to match. It is against their business. They don't want you to find anyone and leave the site. So maybe such weird profiles match you with different people, who you actually might like?

I agree her opening line is horrible but she is not targeting an average Joe, so she doesn't care about those offended by her post. It saves her a lot of work. But men she matches with might like to be chosen and considered as above average...

What you're saying is they're doing the opposite of what they should be doing? There's definietly something skewed about the way they work especially locations. Its still grouping all the undesirables together and vice versa but I've no idea how that works as it's only meant to work off data provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

This guy just showed up on mine today and I recognised it right away. 😅 He's not even all that (at all)!

😂 I know right. I don’t think anybody who had the kind of profile to be highly appealing to others would bother writing something like that, because there is just no need. I think this guy thinks he’s being clever when in fact it’s just off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Over 6 foot and a ceann only a Mammy would love.😅 Ah no, if he wasn't such an ass I wouldn't much such a comment but it's deserved!

That woman is 5'7, divorced and has kids. she wants a "partner in crime" 🙄

Nothing wrong with being divorced with kids tbh, and not very surprising for somebody in their 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Advertisement

I can totally understand that. Same as not having kids is less appealing to me.

• I’ve recently realised I have a progressive form of MS, I also have an ileostomy. In recent months I’ve been feeling appalling in health, not much to offer a partner, but I’m regaining some feeling in limbs and other areas so to speak. It’s extremely u predictable though, sometimes my hands don’t work other times my mouth and tongue, but I do get moments of sexual desire. It means I have to state very clearly on sites as in “need to know: I have multiple sclerosis and an ileostomy”. Hitherto had put the ileostomy but, most people never bothered noticing, too taken up with the good bits, but on encounter it was immaterial. “Oh what’s that bit?” might be said after a climax, that’s as far as commentary typically went on an encounter. “So that’s only a tiny thing really, it certainly doesn’t get in the way”. An ileostomy can be semi invisible, but the issue with walking and other things is far from invisible.

What does that mean going forward? You just going to make the most of it?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

I really enjoyed the date last night. It was one of those don’t want it to end ones. Bit of a hangover today as a result 🤪 Going for a walk tomorrow eve. He seems to really like me which always freaks me out, but he also seems self aware and emotionally intelligent so I’m sure it’s fine.

That must all be so challenging. Fair play to you for your positive attitude, not everybody can do that.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• It is very hard to tell. It’s terribly unfair to expect t anyone to “take on” somebody with a serious and potentially life limiting condition. It’s difficult to predict on any one day how I might be. I could literally find myself peeing over someone, (ok someone might have that fetishised ) I might have poor sensation on a given day, I might not even be able to easily get up from a reclining position. I could attract someone who might take physical advantage to overcome my strength.

I’m finding it difficult getting onto a neurologist’s list to perhaps get treatment that might help. There simply aren’t enough of these doctors in Ireland. However I hold out hope. I might best match up with someone in something of my own position, at least there would be some equality, but might t be the greatest show going considering all the machinery gets affected 🤣

• The dating site algorithms fascinate, as does all data science. I’m playing with AI Chat just for a bit of fun the past two days. I’m going to ask it what type of man I would be best matched to. It’s great fun playing around with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Excellent news. Best type of dates. Obviously a good sign. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Ah brilliant. Love those type of dates. Rare but wonderful. Weather is supposed to turn rotten later this evening, but up to about 8-9pm you should be okay. Have a plan B up your sleeve 😉 enjoy !

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s always so great when you get on really well and you also fancy them, fecking hard to find for sure.

It’s tomorrow we are having the walk and I am afraid to check the forecast because I think it will be bad also 😃 Will have to think of a plan B alright. I will be driving so don’t want a pub (plus also after last night I don’t want to drink for a long time! 😱) We are going to a park.

Advertisement