Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Harry was sitting in the same pew as Andrew. I think Zara was in 4th row. I wonder what she did?

Amyway, since this is the Harry thread, what do you think about the court case next week. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/06/from-coronation-to-court-prince-harry-takes-on-mirror-in-phone-hacking-case-piers-morgan

Are you a fan of Piers Morgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

He'll get his money. Like everyone else deservedly got. It will be interesting to see him get cross examined. Piers Morgan? A professional troll/wind up merchant. I find it uneasy when I agree with him to be honest. Walked out of/lost his job for the crime of deciding he didn't believe the Sussex victim playing. Stuck to his guns and over time was vindicated. I do wonder what Harry makes of Piers lunching with his mum back in the day and with his cousins only a few weeks ago? Royals schmoozing with members of the press. Oh the reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

morgan lost his job because he threw his toys out of the pram when asked to back up his claims.

he was unable to back up his claims so threw a strop and walked out, and ITV decided they did not want to associate with someone who would not believe someone who made a legitimate claim about how they felt, but which morgan couldn't disprove.

morgan was not vindecated in any way.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

That boils down to trying to determine how do you disprove people in a he said/she said situation. He didn't believe them and allegedly Meghan complained to the bosses at ITV and Morgan was to apologise. He thought f*ck that and walked out in his own attention seeking/profile raising manner.

58,000 complaints to Ofcom who subsequently rejected those complaints. Vindicated. Turns out you are free to disbelieve someone if their story doesn't pass the smell test which is a good thing I would think. He calls her Princess Pinnochio. He is a professional troll as mentioned but like many he saw through the BS victim playing. Vindicated in terms of if a Prince writes that he had a therapist on speed dial immediately after his brother allegedly knocks him over and breaks his necklace but, during the same period, when his pregnant wife tells him she wants to die he hasn't a clue what to do and his wife had to go to HR then the vindication comes from the thinking that perhaps these two are indeed lying or if being fair, deliberately exaggerating. In the end, both Harry and Meghan have made some good points particularly about the tabloid media but they have dented their own credibility via their own logical fallacies and hypocrisy.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

• Advertisement

I’ve no dog in this fight but I thought Harry looked a bit vulnerable walking to his seat on his own and appeared grateful for the courtesy shown him by his cousins husband.

A little bit of chit chat with someone you’ve met briefly a couple of times previously can be very welcome when you know you’re under scrutiny and don’t want to be seen as Billy no Mates.

Princess Anne speaks to whoever she wants whenever she wants.

I know why he came. He doesn’t want to burn all his bridges. Deep down he knows it’s possible he will need them some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I don’t believe either spouse in that relationship has the skills to keep the marriage going. Yes he would be looking to his family for comfort then. Wearing a lot of egg on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jaysus, when you are siding with that absolute cretin Morgan it's probably time to reassess.

Exactly. The guy is a professional troll where he knows he is paid to be deliberately provocative with a contrarian opinion on everything and anything helping drive his schtick. His latest thing is uncancelling those who were cancelled/free speech advocacy.

I don't see how me agreeing with him on this particular topic is a total siding with him on everything else he says. Another way to look at this is when you're agreeing with Morgan on particulars in this, that when even he has you pegged as spoofers then the Sussexes must have truly fumbled all of this quite badly. Like reluctantly ceding to an arsehole that they are on the ball. Had the Sussexes stepped away citing toxic press and protecting their mental health for example then they'd have been championed with the predictable traitor/insulting our Queen trumped up charges from the likes of Morgan et al dismissed as them being the arseholes employing the schtick they are known for. As it turned out the Sussexes did that but they also spun a victim playing narrative elements of which Morgan disbelieved and which I happen to also disbelieve. 🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement

Neither is Edward's daughter who was in the 2nd row.

Morgan walked off the show because the weather man told him he was sick of hearing him banging on about Meghan not being suicidal - he didn't believe that the Palace refused help. The Ombudsman believed he was entitled to that opinion, but the problem most people had with him is that he kept banging on about it.

The 58,000 people believed that it was dangerous to make disbelieving comments about people who have suicidal thoughts. That is a shameful thing to do to dismiss people who may have mental issues.

Morgan can give it out plenty of stick, but you have to laugh at him being such a baby when he got a bit a stick back. And then he calls Harry a whinger! But then he is paid to whinge about Harry & Meghan by Murdock (68 million over 5 years I think).

Here is the clip of Morgan storming off like a spoilt 3 year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92qItHWLw7A&t=3s

rejecting complaints when the individual complained about has already shown himself up for what he is isn't vindecation.

he couldn't prove her story didn't pass the smell test nor could anyone else prove it either, so that's not vindecation.

he threw his toys out of the pram and is now irrelevant, plying his trade on an irrelevant channel, all because he could not back up any of his claims.

once again, he was not vindecated, proven right or anything else.

Which version of Morgan's Meghan Markle to you agree with - he used to think she was the bees knees until Harry obviously told her that he was positively dangerous and to give him a wide berth.

he isn't a professional troll, just a loser and a gob shight and a genuinely nasty piece of work.

whatever way you spin it, it is he who is the problem, the sussex's did nothing wrong by speaking the truth and the likes of morgan are pissed off because meghan wouldn't be his friend and because he is now an irrelevant loser nobody on a nothing news channel.

they don't need to spin a victim or any narative as they are genuinely victims.

Which isn't as senior as a Prince or a Princess. She is in front of Beatrice and Eugenie who are HRHs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I stand corrected... It was a feather blocking his view today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

It seems that he went straight to the airport to fly back to the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Didn't he think she was the bee knees until she ghosted him?

The point stands, the man is an absolute cretin and if one finds themselves siding with him then a personal intervention is probably required.

Hatred is a horrible thing, makes people act very strangely.

• Advertisement

People ignoring the point I made I see. Interesting indeed. To re-iterate, had Meghan said she was suicidal because the British Press is notoriously toxic, aggressive and it affected her mental health to the point of suicide ideation then any rational thinking person would instinctively believe her and support her. Period.

The problem for them is that, in their attempt to seemingly denigrate the men/women in grey suits as so utterly useless, combative and unsupportive, a Sussex version was spun where Meghan was denied access to help while her husband, who claims he was in "institutional" mode but with a mental health professional on speed dial for confidential help, didn't know what to do.

There is also the nonsensical idea of Meghan suggesting that it would be a bad look if it was discovered by the press that she was suffering. They'd rather she top herself than be embarrassed by it coming out in the tabloids. Bullshit. A bad look when the King, the Heir and her husband have already been public advocates of the importance of mental health and how they struggled/struggle with it too? Again, bullshit.

Taking all of that into account then one must consider the possibility that, to curry sympathy and support, Meghan might well have been exaggerating her claim or even worse flat out lying about it. I know that her supporters here might find it discomfiting to consider she might have deliberately exploited suicide ideation/suicide as a means of playing the victim, pulling at the heart strings but there are people out there who do that very thing. To clarify, I give her the benefit of the doubt here because it can't be proven.

I found it odd that Harry didn't write about this episode in the book. We got no details about, assuming they are being truthful, how his wife overcame her struggles nor him re-iterating the importance of seeking help. Yes I know he was writing about himself but the absence of such a serious event in a memoir was quite glaring given how important the topic is. To be cynical, maybe that is being kept for another book. If that is the case then, in my mind, they are monetising what was a mental health emergency. In the interest of balance then I feel that is why he left it out.

Yet what grinds my gears here is that I am dismissed as some Piers Morgan fan for also assessing the version they put into the public domain, seeing the logical fallacies outlined above and committing the egregious act of mulling over whether this known manipulation tactic might have actually been employed given how unreliable they were and have been since.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

The Coronation today was lacking some ‘je be said quoi’ today by Harry’s wife, Meghan and family not attending. The tabloids, press and even Kate with her shoe choice last night (wearing shoes Meghan always wore) tried their best to generate clicks, keep the hate train going and keep stating how happy they were that she didn’t come to keep interest. I actually think it was a great move on Meghan’s part. Let the drumbeat of hate carry on looking more and more foolish, lost and outlandish every day. The reality is now upon us, the Royals in the post Elizabethan era are a bunch of boring, stiff upper lip white, super wealthy British that don’t really represent the nation they preside over anymore, and have some serious work to do to earn the respect Queen Elizabeth and Philip had. Many Commonwealth members will leave. Meghan and Harry could have made it a much more modern institution, instead they were fed to the press by William, Camilla and others and put in an unbearable situation.

The hate train on here by some posters is delusional at best. Harry and Meghan are who they are, they certainly don’t deserve it. Amazing what constant negative media and tabloid headlines can condition people to think. (Cue some posters coming back with petty, but Meghan looked sideways at Camilla once as justification or some other petty nonsense).

I wonder if the press kept posting on the true state of William and Kate’s marriage, his constant affairs, his favoured ‘antics’ in the bedroom, the fact they looked like business partners today rather than loving spouses, would the tune change. Or perhaps his famous hot temper, his assumption that Harry and Meghan are to be his sacrificial lambs to the press for his indiscretions….I’d love to see the terms and conditions of the money he paid Murdoch, and why exactly he did that.

Here is one for you. I think Donald Trump is a cretin. A narcissistic scumbag, a grifting con man. When he called out European NATO member countries a couple of years ago on not spending the agreed 2% of their GDP on defense funding then I thought he was right. With the Russian/Ukraine war I think he raised a valid point. Does that make me a Trump fan? Just to re-iterate that I'm not but by your wind up merchant logic I might need to go and reassess my life. I doubt I'll be doing that since my initial point stands. With that in mind, how does me thinking Piers Morgan called it right one time a couple of years ago about a topic and story I follow make me a Piers fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Thanks but I’ve been posting here on and off for quite a while :-)

Two HRH's who were meeting in a pub with the positively dangerous Morgan a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

Harry flew straight home to be with his family and son contrasted with his father who wanted to abandon his son to strangers when him and di did their Oz tour. Glad to see such distain shown across the 4 nation's for the ceremony.

I’m not as eloquent a writer as you so I’ll just say, yeah I’m with ya on all of that; it’s as close to the truth as I think we’ll ever get, it’s the version that most commentators and public subscribe to and it’s far more accurate than the H&M spin of that story, embellished complete with soft focus Oprah interview

• Advertisement

It’s ironic that your post contains a multitude of half truths, speculation and unfounded allegations that you’re accusing others of doing towards H&M - it’s essentially lost all credibility.

Advertisement