Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You won’t get a box, but if you make the right kind of fuss, they’ll start thinking twice about their sneaky tactic.

They should take the alternative approach, of not putting anything up on the app until they’re confident that they have product available, even if that means short notice for buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

I should have made a fuss but I just wasn't in the mood. I had just cycled for 35 minutes and whoever runs the tgtg orders there (presumably one of the managers) didn't have decency to come out to me, just sent a message over a walkie talkie to a cashier. I'll vote with my feet and never place an order with them again and with others sharing similar experiences with them here, the word will spread so others are warned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Tbh I got 2 from Centra Bishopstown and wasn't impressed at all,gave up on it,

Salad on its last legs,hard scones,only redeemer was a ready cooked dinner but that had to be scoffed that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PublicBen

Freeze the scones - when defrosted, microwave for 10 seconds and the should be ok to eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Never thought of that, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tom99611139

KC Peaches Nassau St Dublin, first from this location but their food is usually yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

Something strange happening in Aldi Cabra they had 16 boxes available earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Did you get up pick your own food in KC Peaches or was the surprise bag pre prepared?

That one was pre prepared, but I have ordered from dame St, and was given two empty containers to fill with whatever I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

Decided to try the Paddy Box.

Supposedly worth €60 for 19.99

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

Not much I'd eat in that, €20 seems a lot probably because there is not a lot there that I'd personally eat.

I’m not sure if I think it’s good or not. I was gonna try it but might think otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ECookie13

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭crayon80

About a euro an item? Not a huge bargain given they're all short dated but paying €3 each is crazy pricing. Thanks for sharing pic

Just for info nothing is short dated, many months left on all items.

I think I calculated around 32 but yep, it's not 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Homelander

I would say it's absolutely a bargain at €20 if you appreciate what comes in it. I mean, the items on the box itself alone would cost > €25 at retail, excluding everything else.

A bargain can be very subjective and they're not items I'd buy otherwise myself, but that's a good haul for €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Any pictures of this box that apparently could cost 25 euro lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

when the whole point is that youre getting 60 euro worth for 19.99, thats what should be there. so basically seems like they have found a new way to just sell their regular stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm talking about the items literally placed on the box in the photo. Regardless of whether you'd pay those prices or not, those four chocolate bars are going to cost a lot more than than your average large Dairy Milk.

Same for the fancy biscuits, the fancy cordial, and the fancy chutney. Not gonna cost the same as a pack of digestives, Mi-Wadi and own-brand relish.

Then there's everything else, the hot chocolate packs, the 6-pack of Tayto, gourmet popcorn, the Lindt chocolates, 2 club milk multipacks, 2 packs of fingers, and two packs of sweets.

Anyone might not personally see the value, but it is there based on what the items would normally sell for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Decent haul with the Surf and Turf box from Supervalu Knocklyon. They were very trusting, didn't ask to see the app or make me wipe the order.

I had other stuff to get, so I ended up explaining the TGTG app to the cashier, who was impressed!

Salmon, sea bass, buffalo burgers, sausages, all expiring today, so all in the freezer.

Boojum, the hipster foodies choice , is now on 2g2go. Very tempted.

Supervalu Finglas - surf and turf box for €5.99. Turkey burgers out of date. And it took them 15 minutes to find someone who knew what 2G2G was.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What do you mean by out of date. Use by or Best before? If it is use by then they should not be selling that at all. It's illegal and dangerous to sell food past its use by date.

Collected from boojum, got choices , a new thing for me with tgtg, and enough food in the container for 2 dinners easily, I'm stuffed already with rice beans chicken veg and salsa. Really fast and quite friendly , may be late for most though. Certainly better than the stingy Lennox st grocer bag.

By out of date I meant gone by the “use by date” - and yes, I agree should not be included in a magic bag.

Hampers & Co. Paid €26.66 for a value of €80. I’ve got prices for everything online and comes in at less than €60

Products at bottom of pic all bbb 31/05/2023. Everything else relatively ok dates on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got a junior bag from James Whelan in the Swan Centre earlier. Two hache burgers (no idea) and four chicken fajitas worth €15 in total. Happy enough.

Heading back to Rathmines shortly for a bag I just nabbed from Deli 613, which is the new Jewish deli the Irish Times absolutely raved about the other week. Really hoping it's not all just pastries! Will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

The hache burgers are delish tbf, I've actually started to buy em as my go to burger and the chaps in kilmac will make them fresh if not on shelf

Advertisement