Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The one thing that gives me a bit of hope is that this Man Utd team are nothing special at all.

Keep stringing the wins together and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's a little bit of pressure on United now tomorrow but Liverpool left it a little late in the season to get a run of form going.

TAA has been excellent since moving to midfield and Konate has been a machine covering RCB and RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was a hard game we looked comfortable enough but Brentford were really physical and channelling atletico with the dark arts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Didn't get to see any of the game we play well or was it a bit patchy not that it matters,got the win which is the main thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I think it's too late myself. We'd need a Utd defeat (away at West Ham tomorrow maybe?) and 2 draws from their remaining games, while we win all ours in order to pip them on GD. Tall ask. I've made peace with being in Europa next season - certainly wineable (Klopp for the full sweep of trophies) and the possibility of a final in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

WH due a win, someone down there will over take their 34pts if they continue to lose lose lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I dont play games pal so keep your smart comments to yourself like a good boy/girl

Its up to west ham tomorrow, I think if united lost that they will totally collapse. If they win they are home and hosed with home games against Fulham, Chelsea and wolves.

After the **** season we have had I'm quite happy to be in the conversation for top 4 as slim as it looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I actually think with the run in its more likely Newcastle bottle top 4 than United.

• Advertisement

You never know,it could happen,west ham need a win too

Let's just say I wouldn't bother watching motd

Yep, there are 3 dogs in this race. Arsenal MUST win against Newcastle to over take City at top of table

Arsenal in same boat, they need to keep winning to win the title, City end the season with two away games, away to Brighton, away to Brentford, these teams just don't lose many at home, in 33 games between them at home, they've only failed 6 times to get a result, Brentford only losing two at home, Brighton 4. Arsenal need to hang in there for those two games to come around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Has Brentford always played like that? I thought they had a great scouting department and analysis that meant they got great value players, but they are nothing more than Sam Allardyce/Sean Dyche keep it tight and pump it to the big boys with a dead ball. I really thought they were more than that, but maybe it was their start to the season last year that had pundits waxing lyrical about them when it has been done so many times already in the league.

Good to win again. I will always hold hope until we are mathematically out of getting top 4, but it is nice to get some momentum for next year. This is very much like the 20-21 season where our end propelled our challenge to 4 trophies the year after. I do think Newcastle and United will struggle if they get top 4 this year. It will be something else having to concentrate on the Champions League and their squads aren't that good. Add in Arsenal will have a hangover from a tough season, whether they win it or not (most likely), and you suspect we should be in a good position to be best of the rest again. City are just way ahead and the only way they will be stopped if they actually get charged and punished for their financial skullduggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

City can afford two draws and still win the league with their superior goal difference. I think they are likely to drop points before the end of the season, but can see Arsenal dropping points too, whatever way you look at it, it's hard to see anything other than City wining it from here, as we know from experience, they know how to close it out.

• Advertisement

We could do with a big goal haul just to get GD better with Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If we win our games and they lose three then the goal difference won't be far off, wouldn't need a massive result

Wait, what am I saying, "if" Newcastle lose three? No chance. Damn you Toby, you nearly got me there 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

If we were more clinical today it could have been a 4 or 5 nil job and we would have been comfortable for the last 30 mins.

Nunez and Gakpo x2 should have scored.

If utd lose tomorrow i'd say we have an outside chance.

Robertson's injury looked like it won't be a short term one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool might have a new director of football in place soon .

Most previous role was at Wolfsburg. I can't say I know anything about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

A quick look around Twitter and Reddit suggests he can be difficult to work with and has been known to be an ally of Klopp 🤷

Good at finding good, cheap relatively unknown players but hasnt had the opportunity to do this at bigger clubs.

Not sure what to make of it to be honest...

• Advertisement

Ian Wright and Shearer heaping praise on Nunez on M.O.T.D , saying 35 goals are on the cards next season, that the countless chances he misses are certain goals once he hones his technique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bit more:

- When it comes to football administrators, Jörg Schmadtke is about as good as it gets. Another productive window saw him trim his roster, and thereby his payroll, down to a manageable size. Germany's green company team stand lean and mean with a 25-man-roster; the smallest of all Bundesliga clubs currently contesting the 2020/21 campaign. As tempting as it is to dock Schmadtke somewhat for not parking the likes of Jeffery Bruma and Daniel Ginczek on loans, one simply has to admit that he did an outstanding job.

- Roster size remains a hugely important factor in all of football, sometimes overlooked amid the scenes of "sugar daddy" supported clubs who can pay an exorbitant wage bill without so much as a second thought. It's also immensely important to get idle players off to a destination where they can continue to play, develop, and improve. Schmadtke consistently demonstrates a the right sense of urgency in keeping players either on the pitch or off the payroll and on the move. This is why Wolfsburg paid so much to Köln to negate off his non-compete clause.

Runs a tight ship it sounds like.

In the six seasons since Salah has been at the club he has 186 goals

In the same 6 seasons since Salah arrived, Kane has 177 goals

It's incredible stuff from a wide man, and season not over yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Not bad for a One-Season Wonder. We really robbed Roma with that £36M transfer fee. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

And Roma kinda robbed Chelsea tbh. I watched a lot of him at Fiorentina on loan before he went to Roma and he was outstanding.

I was at a game at Roma saw him play, best player on the pitch by a mile. I was excited when we signed him but could of never seen such an impact.

If we're getting rid of the sporting director role completely I'd understand ward leaving but I'm inclined to believe Klopp just doesn't want ward. Klopp has control of the club,maybe he thinks we could do better.

Maybe there is personal reasons for his resignation who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Bugatti

Of course some people can’t avoid it, for example those that work in buildings that’ll be closed up. But I’m sure there’s plenty that were booing the anthem that could easily go about their daily Monday routine if they wanted to, especially those who work from home. They could easily turn on their laptop Monday and spend the day working. Will they? Of course not. They’ll be more than happy to take the day off in honour of the Kings Coronation.

Chelsea signed him to prevent Liverpool from getting him. Mourinho had no use for him in a squad that was already overloaded with players in his position (Juan Mata, Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar, Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne, etc.). Imagine what a 20 year old Mo Salah could have done for the 2013/14 Liverpool side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

"You know what will show my distaste for the monarchy and Tories and my support for Labour? Working for free"

You said something which others found to be silly and they responded in kind. There was no need to double down on your position, some times it's better to take a deep breath and walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

keep digging, but my money is on they’d prefer to have no bank holiday on Monday AND have a democratically elected head of state that doesn’t spend unseemly amounts on ridiculously stupid pageantry and on paying off women hush money for potential paedophilia committed by one of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really couldn't believe the Ali booking.

I hope the club have said something about that performance to the higher ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It was a mental decision.

Every free that Brentford 'won' they took ages to rub themselves, roll about, walk the length of the pitch and organize the free to be taken, and that was only the frees. And don't mention the throw ins.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

We really need futsal rules to stop the rot ,keeper 4 seconds to distribute the ball,clock stopped when the ball is out of play , cumulative frees leading to penalties/free kicks without a wall .

Konate's booking was a joke too, the ref is still blowing the whistle as he kicks the ball

Time-wasting rules should have more exact time limits and should come with a turnover of possession imo.

• Advertisement

A supposedly agreed fee of £57.6M for Mac Allister seems oddly specific (£53.2M + £4.4M in addons). If true it's a bargain price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Game only ended hours ago, and the whole team is in Barcelona having breakfast in the sun

Wasn't it May 7th we thrashed Barcelona 4-0 at Anfield, and again it's May 7th and the team are in Barcelona to strut 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Newcastle losing here to Arsenal but still looking threatening.

Could they also lose to both Chelsea and Brighton 👀

Arsenal should be 0-4

0-1 HT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

*sees Anthony Gordon coming on*

BOOOO

*internal monologue *

Wait, what do we want out of this game? Newcastle to lose? Yes, that’s ok, proceed

BOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Keeps things half interesting anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I did find it a little funny that the Newcastle fans were booing the Arsenal players for timewasting, when that is all their team did from minute 1 against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would never have said this a while back but I think Newcastle will miss out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement