Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Probably flattering Morgan's ego so he won't have a go at their father. Only one not afraid of British tabloids (because they havn't got anything on her) is Ann (and possibly Edward). The rest have lots of dirty linen in their closets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭sporina

I reallllly could not give a FAWK about the coronation.. only heard about it yday.. had to vent that somewhere.. so thought of here.. ffs.... tis soooo out of touch with reality and sooooo dated.. ffs zzzzz

You have gone a bit off topic here, but you need to look into what was agreed in the first place. The NATO countries agreed to increase their spending to 2% by 2024. It was also a bit much that he was complaining about NATO countries not doing their bit when the US wasn't paying its membership to the UN (Ireland was seriously out of pocket for peacekeeping duties for example), and Germany and some very poor European countries were taking the brunt of the US (& UK) illegal invasion of Iraq and the destabilising of the Middle East which was costing Europe billions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I presume Will and Kate said nowt to Harry. It would be very dangerous as he could twist it.

He has no integrity. The coronation is a major event in his father's life so on one level I understand him wanting to be present but in light of what he has said and written about Charles and Camilla, how can he show up. The hypocrisy of it is incredible. These are people he thinks little of and yet there he is joining in celebration.

• Advertisement

harry walking around like a boss, whilst his family moped around in ridiculous costumes yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

I think anyone with any sense looking at that “spectacle” yesterday would understand the following:

Harry is screwed.

it’ll be the last time he sees any of his family (close)

He walked into the publicity and Royal trap.

Flying commercial is no fun.

He is obviously not the brightest penny in a pile.

integrity is severely lacking in him.

He isn’t liked amongst his own family.

A few things I personally think will happen to him that he isn’t thinking about:

divorce

loss of “fortune” California community property laws.

ending up a sad old man.

I would say that as a Counsellor of State (and former army) he felt a duty to be there. He is still a royal, that is who he is. People have moved on from the last Queen, the same will happen to Charles. But Harry will still be a member of that family whether he (or Charles for that matter) likes it or not. He just can't get away from it.

If he spoke the truth about Charles and Camilla - maybe they are the ones who should be apologetic. Why do you think Charles invited him anyway. Its not as if Charles isn't a petty and vindictive person (for example, evicting Angela Kelly from the house his mother gave her for life because he didn't like her).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Markles dad was a warning to him regarding his future.

He is screwed whether he remained or not according to you because, according to you, his family don't like him. Why would he stick around in that case?

I'd imagine he hasn't thought about divorce since he is very obviously happily married with two kids (who will always be his family) or are you assuming his children won't like him and will have nothing to do with him?

Community Property: You think that there is something wrong is splitting assets equally in the event of a divorce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The thing is all that Cretins nonsense was fact checked, so there is no real excuse.

What that has to do with Morgans creepy obsession with a female that ghosted him, feck knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

There are times in your life you have to think things through. You have to make a stand. What would have been the reaction to the kings son NOT attending?

I’m assuming nothing about his children, to me children are off limits with regards to adult relationships. She already has form, in all of her adult relationship, family and previous husband. The pattern is strong with this one. He would have to be a complete fool not to have thought about this (which we kinda know he is).

obviously we don’t have the resources that he has. Reported 16-20 million stg, inheritance. Common sense would make sure you protected your future and those of your children. California is not a State you would want to get divorced in. Wonder why they ended up in California? Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I thought the Coronation was very flat. Papers desperately looking for something to jazz up the coverage. The Queen’s funeral was a much more impressive spectacle and the procession was better.

i think it shows how much the coverage depends on attractive people and fashion, glamour I suppose. If they’re not talking about Kate and what she’s wearing, what else is there. You couldn’t even see Kate’s apparently beautiful dress yesterday which would have cost thousands.

Louis’ behaviour was another narrative they were clinging to but he’s older now so there’ll be no more faces etc.

Have to say, I thought Beatrice looked fab, lovely dress and she’s lost weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

It wasn't Boss. It was Dior. They tweeted about it. 😀

It was a grace and favour house from the Queen. She moved from that place and will move into a gaff the Crown paid for until she dies. Place then moves back to the Crown. Kelly was effectively redundant once the Queen died since Charles doesn't wear dresses. Maybe he does. Perhaps those making baseless claims should just at that to the list. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What was the point of Harry going? It’s like he went, interacted with none of his immediate family, and left. Sad site.

Charles has 5 grandchildren and two of them denied their chance to be part of their family’s history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

In terms of Harry’s future I’m of similar view which I know is a depressing stance to take, and it’s certainly not wishing it on him, but the signs are there for all to see:

1. Alienation from his own family
    2. Alienation of the British public especially after their public wedding
    3. Alienation from most of Meaghan's family
    4. A loss if former friends
    5. A lack of clear direction around how they will generate income or become credible players on a world stage, over and above their “fame”
    6. Meaghan’s sole signing to WME agency - while Archwell is part of that signing its signalling the start of an independent enterprise - the future won’t be about H&M - just M.
    7. A complete sense of entitlement, “it’s everyone else’s fault but ours “ approach and a complete reluctance to even try to work with their families out of the limelight to resolve issues
    8. Harry will wake up some day to find Meaghan has carved out an independent life, enabled by his fame and wealth - California is a great place for a divorce when it comes to getting a good pay out- you can’t help but think this is the start of a very slow motion car crash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Came on here expecting a few pages of commentary on the Coronation but seeing so little it must have been a real non event.

I know this seems to be the defacto Royal family thread but Harry attended, Harry got "feathered" by Annes hat and then Harry left. Not much else Harry/Meghan related talking points re the Coronation.

• Advertisement

There’s a dedicated coronation thread also in current affairs- there was expectations that thread would be very popular and heavily modded but in reality it took about two hours to get to page 2- knock yourself out there if you feel inclined but yeah, the whole thing yesterday was a bit underwhelming alright

Indeed it is sad. And for the people criticising Harry in this thread, including me, I think their criticism in the most part stems from a desire to see a better life for him than what he’s currently experiencing.

Himself and Meaghan are united against their families- that’s not a basis for a long term relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Maybe there was no ulterior motive to Harry's going. These are human beings we're talking about and humans have feelings especially when it comes to blood family, so it was probably quite simply Harry wanting to be present at such an important moment in his father's life, despite estrangement.

Good point about the two grandchildren not being present and that is very sad. There is clearly a wide gulf there now and Harry cut a lonely figure there yesterday, clearly uncomfortable and alienated, except for his friendship with his York cousins. The fact that he bolted the second the ceremony ended speaks volumes. Archie's birthday sure was convenient. Whatever people might feel about the RF, the whole thing is a very sorry mess, extremely sad for all concerned as it would be in any family. And you would have to fear that it really could all go belly up for Harry, but time will tell.

Other than that I liked the Coronation. I enjoy watching the pageantry which the Brits excel at. Some rather negative posts on here about it all but judging from the crowds there in the pouring rain and the many who had camped out overnight, support for for the Monarchy is still very strong in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Harry is both angry and confused as to why he wasn’t permitted to wear a “ridiculous” costume too. Harry still came to the coronation. He didn’t have to. Hardly the decision of a “boss”.

It would have gone on just the same without him. You do understand that much?

he did his duty as a son and then left , legend 😂

and I just noticed your condescending final sentence, prick 😂

It was like watching a 74 year old man making his confirmation via a golden carriage. Yeesh. A bizarre service but very much religion/faith driven as expected. Not my personal cup of tea but the music interludes were great but I agree that it was underwhelming. The fabulous abbey aside my guess is that costs were kept down as well as royal fatigue setting in since there has been a Jubilee and the Queens death and funeral all in the past year. The extensive coverage of that means that while royalists in the UK clearly love it judging by the turn out to a casual observer it becomes watching the pomp, the pageantry, the marching bands and the military salutes all over again in quick order.

I think such traditions are unsuitable for high definition technology, it may have a greater affect if it was on radio only , it looks quite silly in full colour, Andrew and Anne looked particularly silly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

I thought he was a boss? A boss would have ignored the whole circus.

“duty as a son”🤣

His dad put him in his proper place, 3 rows behind his only sibling, his wife not welcome, sitting in between his cousins husband and a second cousin who hasn’t had a royal role for 10 years.

Some boss🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭DaithiMa

Fully agree with your last sentence. One just has to look back through your contributions to this thread for confirmation.

• Advertisement

he was sitting where he was supposed to sit , he would have know that beforehand , they had a sex offender in a more prominent position dressed like a Turkey

Advertisement