Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Anyway.......

According to the scribblers, the pit numbers for today are at 750ish, so should be handy enough to get a pass if you're there before gates, if you're really sadistic, Tuesday pit numbers start tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

How’s the security entering the venue via the blue zone. I’m planning on bringing an SLR camera this evening.

Most I can help is there were definitely a few in the pit on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On route to the big smoke

Looking forward to the show, may or may not be the last chance to see Bruce. Number 5

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Wondering where would you park that would be 15/20 minutes from the RDS? Have dinner at 245 in ballsbridge and then the concert.

Thanks

Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Tickets not lasting long on Toutless. Sounds like a very large scale Irish gig setup and I'd sooner give my money to smaller acts than feed that. I'll pop down to the park again tonight and listen in with €2.75 Kinnegar Rustbucket and Sinner IPA. A drone for visuals would be nice. Hope he plays I'm on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I was roughly there or thereabouts as well. Sound was perfect, had no idea people had issues with it til I came home and read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Tip for the future me for a gig like this - Have enough drinks beforehand to feel satisfied that I have enough on board to make it a pleasurable experience. Drink wine or spirits in the hour before going into the arena to stop the bladder running riot. Bring in just a couple of cans to last say an hour, to enjoy the first part of the gig in a leisurely manner. By then, the bar queue will be almost non-existent. Go for one more pint. When drank, go for a plss. And then finally make my way further up the crowd for the last 1.25 hours for the main part of the show and get in the atmosphere.

Caveat - the above is contingent on not getting that toilet urge again until gig is complete. If the plss urge comes on in a bad way mid way in to the encore, all bets are off - the night is ruined. Option (a) have to head back through the crowd and off to toilet missing all the good tunes Option (b) just persevere and hold it in - zero enjoyment in that. or Option (c) - think ahead and bring an empty bottle with you (the lads will know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Which DART station is better for the Blue route Anglesea Road entrance?

Or both much of a muchness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are they doing the sound check right now, 3pm? Weather looks fairly rough for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Yeah. Sounded like Darkness, My Love Will Not Let You Down, and Death to my Hometown? Not too clear on main road.

Met Eireann app looks ok up to 11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Pit queue much busier than Friday, as you'd expect. Wristbands given out (to those in the Simmonscourt car park) at half two.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Plastic. Red. With text on them.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Who dueted on Because The Night on Friday?

I'm guessing from Hueston, Luas into Abbey Street and walk out to Ballsbrige is the best bet

Thinking of Searsons for a pint but like a game in the Aviva will be manic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Sorry if this has been asked but anyone have an idea how I can score late ticket for Bruce tonight? I've been told to hang around Madigans of Ballsbridge waiting to be offered one by a tout but it doesn't seem concrete! It might be the best option though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

There are some last minute tickets on ticketmaster just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Luas to Connolly and Dart to Sandymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭derb12

Anyone know what time will the performance start?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Sunday service @PTH2009 the DART runs every 30 mins - 145 will bring you from Heuston to walking distance. You can also get the Luas and 46A which is one of the most frequent bus routes.

Got out to Baggott Street luas and bus. Know where I am now ha

Great buzz around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Only 1/3 of those was one on Friday.

As I said yesterday, he has a huge back catalog, you could make up 3 hours of great music out of songs NOT sang on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Bands gone by 5ish at anglesea road group of 8 ahead of us 7/8 got them.

• Advertisement

Is there a Rugby game on today too?

Load of purple jerseys around

Advertisement