Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭dobman88

Pit passes secured. We can't make it in until around half 7 due to work but a mate managed to get us 2. Really looking forward to this now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I take it Terrnure won

The Rugby crowd are definitely different the GAA supporters

Sorry for the off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Look, I'm not saying I believe that Bruce Springsteen has magical powers, or even that I believe in magic. But explain to me how else he got 35000 Irish people to wave their arms from side to side both all in the same direction and in unison? Because it's nothing I've seen on this planet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

A top tier Bruce show for me. I was eight or ten rows back from the stage, practically dead centre. Great crowd. Perfect sound. No negatives. None.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

Agree. All the negativity in here since Friday had me worried. But it was a faultless experience, even with the food vendors. We dont drink so cant vouch for the booze vendors. Had a nice crowd of people around us too and it was a brilliant show. Another tick off the bucket list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just home. Went in about 435 red wristband standing yellow entrance, four of us, About 20 yards from stage. Excellent experience. Bit slow exiting but no complaints.. last hour was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I have soemhow always mossed seeing Bruce over the years but Looking forward to Tuesday now reading through this thread. Hope the weather holds up. Been at the RDS for gigs in 25 degree heat and in the pissing rain and always enjoyed the venue.

Probably zero chance but would love Radio Nowhere to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

Rain held off just till we walked out to car. Lucky out. Lad I was chatting to had been at all his shows in Ireland bar slane and going to these 3, that's fair dedication! He came on about 710 and played till close to 10 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Thought tonight was better than Friday but there are awful twats at these gigs…..”huge” fans but can’t even last two/three songs before needing more pints and then Returning to talk through more songs and leave again.

• Advertisement

What a gig, I actually felt emotional for some odd reason ha. Setlist was amazing and the atmosphere was electric for a Sunday night

It was an unbelievable encore with a lot ot 'the hits', maybe it was just the gap since 2016 but they sounded better than ever tonight imo

Loved 'Pay Me My Money Down' and 'Wrecking Ball'. The View from the Grandstand Block L is great

Let's hope this tour is not the last time Bruce plays here. I'd love to see him in the 3Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Great gig, got in about 4:30 and got passes. No problem getting beer but last drink I got was at 6.

Set list nearly same as Fridays by the looks of it. Sound was great, crowd was great. One of the best of his I had been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Really, really great to hear all of the positive feedback coming back from around the stadium! I did not wish to be negative about Friday's show, but the frustration and disappointment of missing out on a potentially great show due to diabolical sound was overwhelmingly infuriating and saddening in equal measures. I sat tonight out as a result, I couldn't risk that again! Glad everyone so far had a ball, and the reports seem like the E Street sounded like they should have!

I certainly get the vibe that this may be Bruce's last time around with the E Street, the show seems tinged in that farewell way. Be present in the moment, enjoy what we have because we won't have it forever. Despite the bitterness of last Friday's show in the RDS, I will fondly look back on the many great nights spent with Bruce and the E Street! The showmanship is one thing, but they should sound like one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time up there. That was certainly what came across in Barcelona! Thanks Bruce and the E Street.

Were ready for the last dance in Dublin!

I'll be ordering the recording for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

A privilege to attend this evening, an amazing show from a singer/ band who know how to entertain. Close to 3 hours of non stop entertainment, well worth the fee. Never fails, legends all. They could have played to midnight and the crowd would have stayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Juanner

Anyone else see event security removing kids (with their parents) from the pit last night? They all had wristbands so someone had obviously let them in at some stage. Imagine queuing up, waiting for hours, only to have a bunch of child catchers in hi-vis vests swoop in and ruin their night. And these weren't kids in the heart of the crowd - they were on the edge near the exit and water station where the crowd was fairly loose. I know the tickets says 'over 16' but there's always been kids in the pit - some of them have even gotten to sing with Bruce in the past – so it seemed a bit heavy handed to remove them. It was hard to watch - anyone I saw with kids after that I let them know that the hi-vis crowd were on the march.

And of course once the gig starts and the cameras started picked people out in the crowd there were lots of kids on the screens. So how would you explain that to your kids after you'd been sent to the back of the field?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

That was an amazing show last night, the tempo never dropped all night. If it was my last one to see live it will be a happy memory. Organisation was top class have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

When I was joining the que over in Simmonscourt they were not letting a couple to join it with their two kids, did notice a lot of kids in the pit suspect the same message didn’t get to the people in charge of the coloured routes

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

I was in the pit for Friday and Sunday, and while Friday was still a really good show, Sunday was another level. I think it just started with more of a fire than Friday, and it didn’t let up until Kitty’s Back. Few more drunken eejits around than on Friday which was annoying, but only minor in the scheme of things! I’m going again on Tuesday so hoping we might get a tour debut, given the changes made last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

I'm going for tomorrow's show. Just wondering when is the best time to line up to get into the pit? I'm expecting the barrier, but just something that is a good space?

Anything before 10 am suitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Glad everyone had a great time. I loved Friday. No sound issues from where I was in the pit. I moved from the back centre to closer to the front for different parts of the gig.

I know I've been to rds gigs before where people found the sound poor further back or in the stands.

Really great atmosphere on Friday, great to see so many happy faces

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

People turned up at 5pm yesterday and got pit passes.

Get to Angelsea Road for 3pm and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

So this was me and my kids (12 and 9). We know the tickets said over 16's only but, yes, we were chancing our arms! No one said anything on entrance, no one said anything when they gave us all the pit passes and we were there for 2 hours before we were approached. The option was to go to a terrace at the back or leave and get a refund (as if that's an option and as if you'd see your money back from Aiken!). Kids were crestfallen. So we went to the terrace, there was NO other kids there. So we stayed there for 5 or 6 songs and went back to the pit! Nothing said. Kids had an amazing time and everyone was so nice to them. And like you said, lots of other kids around.

I was there on Friday night as well and the sound was atrocious, it got better about halfway through. Last night was a far superior show, slightly better set list but the band and the crowd were well up for it. Incredible performance, I don't know how he does it. So happy that it was the kids first concert. All downhill for them now 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Juanner

Fair play - great that you got back in. i hope that the other two families I saw did the same thing. Was it flagged as a safety thing or what was their reasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Spot on. I was there on Friday as well and found the setlist much better on Sunday. My Love Will Not Let You Down and Death to my Hometown was a brilliant start. Great to hear Darkness on the Edge of Town which wasn't in Friday's set. I'd never heard Pay Me My Money Down before Sunday. I'd consider myself a hardcore Bruce fan but never bought The Seeger Sessions album as I always had a funny feeling it wouldn't be up to much. I'll clearly have to rectify that mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Really enjoyed the set and the band sounded amazing but I have to say, the crowd where we were standing last night were absolutely shocking. There seemed to be a lot that were just there to drink and talk and had no interest in anything that wasn't one of the 'classics'. The constant aggressive shoving as people streamed out to the bars was unreal.

I'm glad everyone in the pit had a great experience and we have passes lined up for tomorrow's show so hopefully it'll be better crowd-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Typical Ireland. Let's make a rule but then not bother enforcing it so everyone just disregards it until something like this happens and everyone ends up disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

We were in the Grandstand up beside the pit and had a superb time.

The early enough start caught a good few people out I think, 7.10 alot were still coming in.

I feared the worst sound wise for the first song, but it was fixed by the second song and it was excellent for the rest of the show. A very good mix, all the instruments were clear, the bass wasnt overpowering and Bruces singing was clear. Lessons were obviously learnt from Friday night, and no wind last night helped.

Maybe Aiken reads Boards and saw all the complaints 😀

The crowd near us were lovely, alot of families 2 and 3 generations and they all loving it.

The video screens are a big improvement on this tour, they are very high quality, a big aid for people further back.

Criticisms:

The show should really have a walkway/ramp or a B stage for such a long standing area, I'd hate to be down the back.

Kittys Back and E Streey Shuffle are massive atmosphere killers, it was like a stampede for the bars and toilets during these 2 songs, I thought Kittys Back would never end.

You could get 3 short songs like Candys Room, Hungry Heart and Brilliant Disguise to replace Kittys Back.

The crowd really picked up once the classics started, from Backstreets on was brilliant, full throttle.

Mrs A wants to go back Tuesday night but Im too broken up, can only imagine how the people standing are feeling.

Advertisement