Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Cork seen the man on a push-bike dressed as a Garda?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He's what you'd have called a 'character' in the old days.

At least you'll see him on the bike, not like some other cyclists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Is there really nothing better to do in Cork than watch some young fella enjoying his days riding around in his happy world - can't we leave the poor fella alone.

imagine if he was to read this thread ! It could be especially upsetting for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

So, there's this guy that looks like a garda from a distance and people slow down when they seem him on the road. Riiight.

Mad, is he? Sounds like Cork citizen of the year to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

He seems to upgrade his gear periodically as well. I am wondering if this guy is the same guy that you would see years ago dressed like a patrol garda, in particular a very similar hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smaugstein

Dbu wrote: »
    Are you serious??

You misread me there Dbu, I was a little over the speed limit admittedly. I certainly wasn't drink driving, that's not my scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I came out of Tesco the other day in Mahon point and there was his bike just resting there near the trolleys. I was saying to myself "Oh that must be that guys bike" I was looking at it for a few secs and then he appeared.It was strange seeing him up close as I have driven past him a few times and just saw him briefly.

I was getting my phone out to take a picture but then I felt that it is a bit cheeky to take someones picture right next to him and then he headed off anyway.

He has what seems to be an extra long hi vis coat and a motorcycle helmet. The helmet is painted white and looked like a homemade paint job rather than a helmet that was bought white.Black pants and hard black shoes.You would really think he was a motorcycle guard on first glance.

On his back pannier he has 2 of these type lights tied together and then they are tied on to the pannier in a white box.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQALnO5iDXwOegozALlqReKz1RPo_gOY_PMByFDXqDvAytD0Dby

On the front handlbar, he has a long pvc pipe tied onto it going straight up with another one of the above lights mounted in it.A PVC pipe like this one

13inch_section.JPG

Maybe he was planning an upgrade or something as he had tubing in his hand and couldn't cycle while holding them.He walked off holding the tube and wheeling his bike along.

I was going to say hello to him but he acted like he couldn't get going quick enough.

I am not saying all this to mock him or anything. Just telling people what he looked like up close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's invading his privacy taking a picture of him just like that, he's still a human being with feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That's invading his privacy taking a picture of him just like that, he's still a human being with feelings.

Well it was a public place but I was only going to take a pic of the bike not him.And I didn't do it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ah c'mon now, he's not exactly Kim Kardashian :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

ah c'mon now, he's not exactly Kim Kardashian :D

No but he's got a fine ass.

Disclaimer. I've never even seen this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 farranreenorry

Anyone remember the fella cycling around Cork wearing women's clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Cant say I do.

Recently have spotted a guy around town a few times who cycles on the footpath and shouts "leave me alone" very loudly over and over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lads, not appropriate to bump ancient threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement