Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

19.7kWh in Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Wet all day with a spell of evening sunshine, 3.1kWp. Got all washing and cooking done Thursday/Friday when the sun was out, Saturday production below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

That evening wasn't too bad, but the power was fairly low. One of the strangest looking graphs I've seen in a while.

18.5 kWh from 3.1 kWp. Nearly as high as last Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yeah, cracking day here in Dublin. Forecast was for 20Kwh, rocked in with 29Kwh off 6.5Kwp (E/W split). here's hoping that tomorrows forecast is as "wrong". :-) as only 7Kwh forecasted for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Looks like a big weather front rolling in from the south!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

First day after the battery got installed

My head is gone crazy, I don't have to endlessly watch the PV output to ensure I'm not exporting or importing too much 😂

Generated 17.42kWh today, used 6.66kWh and 10.43kWh went into the battery and 0.32kWh went to the grid

Imported only 2.9kWh from the grid, the vast majority at night rate

Battery is sitting at 87% and I'm still getting power out of my panels, I'm very happy overall

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ian123

How accurate is the JRC PVGIS website in terms of predicted output and output from actual systems deployed? does it match expected system outputs?

It's as close as your gonna get. Usually it's a bit on the pessimistic side.

Some months it's behind, some it's ahead.

I recently (last month) upgraded my array by adding 3x panels, but here's the PVGiS verses actual for the last 15-18 months. All of 2022 was at the 5.3Kwp forecast level. As you can see, the blue solid line nearly always beat the orange dotted one, so I'd agree with Graeme it tends to be pessimistic - which is good. Gives people a realistic appreciation of solar - and then when they have the system installed it'll pleasantly beat it. :-)

• Advertisement

And that's with the last two months being " not great" vs last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

Posting here for the first time have a

4.8 KW system

Direction South Location Meath

Generated 21.6Kw yesterday I am very happy with that considering day only had Sunny Spells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Now these are some stats I can get behind, the battery is making a huge difference

The majority of the 800Wh imported was during the 3 hour window during the night for charging the EVs (they didn't charge last night)

Got 2 runs each of the dishwasher, laundry and dryer done, cooked dinner and lunch, made a tikka in the slow cooker and topped up both EVs, all from sunlight 😁

Bit ridiculous when you spent more on standing charges than electricity in one day

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Today:

April:

Very good, very nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

What apps do people use to track

Home assistant mainly. Also the stock app from Huawei.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

10 months live and still sooooo excited about it. Car is charging in the driveway from the sun. And it’s a day you can’t even tell where the sun it. Clouds covering the whole sky but it’s still bright. Ok, it’s only getting the 1.4kW it needs to charge, but ‘low and slow’ works 😊

1.4kw/hr = 7Km in driving range an hour. What's not to like :-)

Wow - was only supposed to be an "above average" day, but it's turned out to be best of the year so far for me. Matched Apr 20th's - 30.6KWh

12.2 from 3.1 kWp

Afternoon was scorchio, hit a short term peak but not near a record.

That's at 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

My first full day online - looks like I got lucky with the weather.

EW 6.72 (E 4.2 | W 2.52) Solis 5G/PureDrive II 5KW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

My 2nd day. 7.1 kwp E/W - 41.07kwh production.

Thanks to bullit_dodger and micks_address for their help over the last few weeks.

Your welcome - great to see another household running on sunshine :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Hi Folks

Does anyone have data over the winter of Solar PV with a Heat Pump - generation, consumption and feedback to the grid?

I am keen on solar PV but concerned about the major draw for electricity being at night with the HP but generation being during daylight hours....

For Reference - 10kW Heat Pump, approx 8000 kWh consumption annually

we can tell you all about the PV side of things here if you tell us your roof orientation and how many panels you think you can fit; the unknown is really the heat pump.

On my friends heat pump you can go into the settings and export the data. Maybe you can even pull up some kind of graph on this so we can start to get an idea. Even if it’s broken down by month; we could start to get an idea of average consumption.

a lot of it also comes down to how you run the system; do you have it configured to use weather compensation and just leave it running 24/7/365; also how much hot water you use comes into play.

what’s the make / model of the heat pump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭con747

Enter the details of a system you can fit in here https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html if using more than one string orientation enter each ones details separately to see possible generation per annum. Also look at this app for sun position during the year https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.gr.java_conf.siranet.sunshine&hl=en_IE&gl=US

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Are you sure the 8000kWh is power in and not the heating units out?

I would use less than a third of that in a year for heating, cooling and DHW. But obviously depends on house size etc.

Solar won't cover much if any of your HP heating needs in the worst months.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Thanks for the replies.

House 2750 qsft, back roof south facing in Galway

Heat Pump https://www.joule.ie/products/12kw-r32-air-source-heat-pump/ which is run on-demand, once the tank temperature drops

8000 units of electricity is for 12 months domestic use including Heat Pump which supplies heat and water

I do not have a breakdown of Domestic use versus Heat Pump use - I have a look to see if I can extract usage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I misread your original post, I thought you meant 8000kWh annually for the heat pump.

If you can get a better breakdown of what the house is using daily and can split this from the HP it would be a good start.

I have a HP and solar. But it is an East/West split so in winter it wouldn't cover the base load of the house on it's own, and that's not accounting for the HP usage.

Advertisement