Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Salisbury - Heavy-soft in places

"precautionary inspection" @ 7am - hmmh... give it no better than 50/50 chance of proceeding - not having a bar of that "precautionary" malarkey ;(

,,, should it go ahead, one pick

SHE'S SMART 9/2 WIN or EW

Juniper Berries sets obvious standard here. had a comprehensive win at Bath on her sole outing. that was on good to soft Going, and in a lesser race. likely soft/heavy going will suit, but don't appeal at skimpy odds of ~ 5/4

Denruth Diamond ~ 3/1 wasn't fancied fto when coming third in a soft-heavy Going Novice Stakes at Windsor last month. know nothing of the Sire, City Light, and it was also a lowly Class5 affair for Fillies

the others are newcomers - apart from us pick, and a Rhiain yoke - so impossible for a lowly Joe or Josie Soap to make any kinda cases for those

am liking Dave's SHE'S SMART , as already has two runs to her name; first of those saw her come a close enough fourth on AW at Kempton, and the next saw her upgraded to Class2 Maiden company, which saw her held up just behind pace, on her side, at Bath over the minimum and finishing 3rd of 9 - beaten 3 3/4lgths. time was nowt special, but hard to assess 2yo 5f races - regardless of Going. onto the Going then; it was good to soft that day, and being by Dandy Man, she should like the Heavy conditions underfoot and may find one or two of t'possible trailblazers come back to her

think i'll go WIN only on this one at a fair looking price, which looks like value to me as well - so there is that. guessing case could easily be made for putting her up as a 3/1 shot, and could well go off shorter

Juniper Berries is possible leader here, and the selection, She's Smart, can stalk the Johnson Houghton hotpot, which is the way She's Smart seems to race - tracking leader/s or just off t'pace

meeting may not go ahead yet, but ye pick is worth a cupla € win anyhoo

an easy race to look at (as very little form) but hard to be confident about "anything" (basically any of the top three in betting - #looks 3 horse race - and, esp, at the prices, the skimpy favooreet 🤣)

that's us grey mattere exercised nd keepin us eye in , and if i find nowt else the one pick'll do - assuming meet goes ahead

wide open race, and a #few of the newcomers are from top division trainers, so not going mad on this one. no nap material hyah, no sah/mad dam ! 😄

g'lk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Salisbury abandoned.

One for @zimmermania on here 🤣 not without a chance either.

In the same race, 2:05 Ham, WickyWickyWheels is interesting - this mare is down in grade, has a good course record, flopped last time out but this is easier. Apparently ground is drying out in Hamilton, GS going might turn into good later on, Zimmerman wants soft by the looks of it, so that's against him. Postileo has been off track for 1.5 years, there's some support in the market for him but how much of it is for real or just "big trainer, connections persist with him" kinda crapp.

The drama in the last race in Doncaster last night: "An enquiry was held to consider interference from approaching the final furlong involving STOCKPYLE, placed fourth, ridden by Lewis Edmunds, the winner, MOUNTBATTEN (IRE), ridden by Luke Morris, and MUNTADAB (IRE), placed third, ridden by Jonny Peate. Morris was suspended for 2 days for careless riding for allowing his horse to drift left-handed for a sustained period before taking corrective action causing both MUNTADAB (IRE) and STOCKPYLE to be carried off their intended lines."

• Advertisement

Is it really that bad 😂

With the Moonlight in the next in Newmarket for me.

howdy :)

no study - no bettee#

NO SALISBURY !! 😒

Paye Ye heede - no get tae much involved 'study-wise' ('#just da one race for me ws all that me had a squizz at there) in a Meet with word "Precautionary" immediately preceding "Inspection" , in racecard info

that's interesting tbs @j@utis about that 7f race in the last at Doncaster - didn't notice much "interference" at all, but obvs was watching from ye normal ~side-angle focus

straight on shot always shows more, but don't recollect them mention much about it last night

must be a Sunday off for ya missus 🤗

don't fancy looking at 1000 Guineas - looks woeful tricky

done Zim's two picks - think he meant MAMMAS GIRL for 1000 Guineas

went with a speculative each way on POLLY POTT , also , for the big'un

:)

• Advertisement

Callum Rodriguez didn't try too hard on second fav, Arkenstaar, in race just gone at Hamilton :(

have that 4.15 narrowed down to three 😂

think it'll be won by a Blue Point colt, myself, but no strong opinion 🤩

nowt today - all us picks no good

hard !

think i'll watch Sunday Game

g'luck

No good, soft going isn't her thing after all. The other one I was on earlier, pulled up 😅 1:50 race, Halik or smth like that, I'll have a look tomorrow what stewards report is gonna say about it. Nothing else for today.

me thought I could make a case for one more 🙂 Slainte Mhaith 4.58 Ham @ ~ 11/4 ... no bet tho

if i ws winning - mebbe 3 or 5euro win, but could make similar cases for several more in that 6f race - just me looked at SM first

ta for ur service j@u 😊

tomorrow or after for (hopefully) inspo and wunners !!

w/out today with me 4 or 5 picks - enough punishment 🤗

wins cosy Slainte Mhaith @ 5/2 fav,,, 5yo Mare was sorta out on her own on far wing, so that's an extra plus,,

.,,,no good to me tho :(

me were too beaten up for tae have a few bob on 😓

😂

keeping with the "keeping us eye in" stratagem (having a cursory at card/s , and tryna solve at least one race) - not that it's done us a lot of good 'tween last night and today, tho 😄 😌

had a look at trusty AW , and seeing as it's the time of year, "Going" is usually #"Standard" , and #that's what it's down as - must be the sun etc what makes le going go from Standard to Standard/Slow - surface warming up, therefore component parts getting sweaty (think that's the terminology anyhow 🙂 ) and the like - or maybe there's other reasons, and am completely wrong

#not that it makes much diff, as most these (in race in question) have ran on the surface - with only one what's ran on Stan/Slow at this course. some have ran on S/S Going at places like Kempton, Newcastle, etccc

now, after that irrelevance 😀 :

Southwell : Standard

have it narrowed down to two "likely" - top two in betting -ones (what me's #not doing) and one what can't be ruled out, on past form

Bond Spirit ~ 9/4 is a lot more friendly priced than predicted SP (paper/s had this one at betwen 11/10 & 13/8 - top end barely appealing, but 13/8 not bad, and, obvs, 9/4 way better 😃)

was trying to get jolly beat - may go win yet tho. came a decent third over CD lto, and is a previous CD winner from "Classified Stakes" race back in January. price is tempting, and this looks poor field (even for grade) overall , but, atm, me'd rather be against. not ruling this one out tho - #may go win yet

Pittsburgh ~ 9/4 is one of a few of these what has ran over jumps, and his sole win come in NH sphere. has a couple of decent and recent runs on t'flat AW, in times recent, at or about this trip - a third at Lingfield in March over 10fs, and a course 4th in January over a furlong shorter. is lightly raced at middle distances, and there's 'green shoots' so far as winning goes if we look at that Lingfield run - when staying on from off the pace over 10fs; however (and horse was to the fore then) Pittsburgh didn't seem to stay the course trip of 11furlongs, so not too confident about him getting 12fs here. can't be ruled out if different tactics are utilised, but don't scream winner to me

Blue Hawaii ~ 7/2 (some going three to one it seems, and others as big as 9/2) is not one of the two "likely" ones above-mentioned; has had several runs, but only three of them on Flat proper, and there's nowt there to be enthused about

onto the pick:

HAMMY END EW. Hammy End is having his third run for latest connections - with the first two poor. perhaps they've got a line on him now. am drawing a line thru them as will consider as 'factfinding missions' . has two CD (from three wins in total) wins, with one on the Standard, and t'other on Standard/Slow Going. Both those races were ran in fast times for the grade/surface Going; and from held up out the rear rides. haven't given race a proper second going through to see if there's much pace on, and the horse was sold to new owners as well as going to new stable, so plenty of niggling doubts here.

is 14/1 in the paper, and that looks about right. anything north of that be value, imo. from what I can see there's plenty of 16s about and one or two ha'e this one as 18/1 shot - and think is a mere 10s with 365

early forays and all that

not done owt yet, but hopefully can see something making this a stern test - thereby giving Hammy End right good chance for a bold 'come from off the pace' showing

had a quick look and not seeing any out and out frontrunners, alas, so that'd have to count against us prov pick

if it is a trappy affair/dawdle, then a case would have to be made for the first one mentioned up top - Bond Spirit - and am basing that on his third placed finish two runs back at the course over 1/4 mile further - thinking is he's a strong (relative to the bunch) stayer, and if it comes to a sprint near the end, then Miss Allen's 4yo gelding could be one what prevails here.

nothing done yet, like i said, but if i had to pick now, i'd have two picks in this for small stakes:

BOND SPIRIT #2/1 WIN , HAMMY END 16/1 EW

#9/4 mentioned above, but me's not with any o' Books what's offering them odds

confusing race 😣

😊

Roscommon - Soft to Heavy

me local meet, but doubt me'll go, seein' as me's a recluse and has narys the jamjar for ta git there anyhoo 😃

had a look at one - just in case me meets someone on me (close to home 😆) rounds, and they decide to ask us our opinion, like 😂

had a quick look at all of them.

seems to be a race what generally favours those close to pace as well as being drawn low to middle

Marvelosa ~ 7/4. yet to win (well, tis a Maiden, but a "Flat" one - some these beasts may have won o'er sticks at some stage) , has raced on turf and AW w/o any success. some of those races on turf were over ~12fs on soft sorta going, and horse went close enough but not near enough a few times - not for me. although lto second was not without promise (over slightly shorter trip) when staying on well in fast-run race at Sligo on Yielding to Soft Going, but has extra ~1.5f to contend with here, as well as heavy type going

Banned ~ 3/1. yet to win in 11 runs. is by Ulysses; aint so sure about them over ~12f on turf heavy going. will leave Joey O'Brien horse off

Queen Of Seduction ~ 4/1. should like the soft/heavy Going, as went close under similar conditions at Listowel last Sept. that run would give Harrington horse right good chance, but is drawn in box 11

can't conclusively rule any of the above out. now onto me pick what's currently ~joint third in betting:

ISOTTA ~ 4/1 WIN. Filly's drawn low in box one, has just had the seven runs to date - 4 with Ger Lyons, and three with current trainer, Ado McGuinness. probably wasn't as good as trainer and owner hoped (but all's i'm reading into that is that they had higher hopes), but her last run for Lyons saw her come 2nd in soft ground race over similar trip at Bellewstown last July. is drawn low in box 1 , likes to be forwards in her races, and t'clincher for me is: she's by Camelot - who seems well able to get his to win @ ~1.5m and on soft/heavy at that trip. not a lot wrong with price neither tbf, imh 🙂

good enuf for me

g'lk

Newcastle - Standard

very tough race to solve. might have an angle tho, to wit le draw

used to be, imo, that high numbers were favoured over straight trips - least that's how it seemed to me. checked the last 5 or six meets at GP venue, and only one was drawn high: the well backed Beast Of Burden (14) last Friday. Apart from her, in the last 6 or 7 6furlong affairs here, all or most of the winners have been drawn in single figured boxes

as well as that, most recent (last month or so - maybe more) winners have seemed to either race prominent/lead or race from just off the pace

GOWANLAD (7) 25/1 EW is pretty much out of form, but has mainly being tackling Class4s and 5s ever since the 6yo got a hcap rating. has been out of form tbs, and tackled a Class6 h'cap for the first time lto - a rare run on turf - at Thirsk, and flopped on the soft going.

most recent CD run was his penultimate outing in Class5 in Feb - money came that day (6s from 18/1) , but finished last of ten, from out the 9 box. must be something up with this one as the tonguestrap and blinkers are both applied for the first time

is a versatile horse, as can race from front or back or mid-div , but has mainly raced (sometimes, perhaps mostly, due to tardy starts) from the rear, in times recent.

horse is plummeting down weights, and Madi Patzelt (who gets spin for first time) takes off a handy seven pounds. will hope the equipment does the job, and being drawn middle, young Madi might utilise that position to lie handy - hope so at least

enough 'green shoots' to make this one a bet

g'nite nd g'luck 😊

Howdy, me not planning to look very far today, starting with 2:55 Ayr - fav is my pick, Highwaygrey @3/1 or so, was an eye catcher lto when running on towards the line after being stuck in traffic at the crucial moment, CD winner, claimer jockey brings him down to the last winning mark here.

Roscommon doesn't survive the cut - abandoned. Leopardstown is my local, been there like twice 🤣

• Advertisement

Shockingly bad from Highwaygrey, luckily Bond Spirit brought some dough home... I was watching videos of previous runs of Highwaygrey and Morning Sun (eventual winner) and went with the one that seemingly finished better...

hello :)

nowt to say hyah on reasons why us meet got called off -sun practically beating down outside, but must be/have been beating it down o'er in Lenabane if Rosc got abd :(

all dat study i did an' all 😪

least @GosforthParkRacing@NewcastleRacecourse#@GowanGowanladIn#LuckyLast goes ahead 😂

cursory look 'nd i aint feeling ye trusty AW meets tomorrow 🙂

everyfink's staying on t'page

:(

8.25 Windsor

go small win on DEEP SPIRIT 9/1 for no solid reason - very poor field this. Racing Demon should go close - gamble on Optik, well it's his first run in hcap after three very poor runs. pretty hard to make case for Simcock horse

selection only having second run on turf - very first run was on turf, so will overlook that one

gl

looked at topweight in hcap there @ 6.05 Ncs

kinda liked @Bearwith, but i thought i'd keep us powder dry as was only 5/2 - thought was a bit short meself :(

ur mate, HT, apparently tipped him up, j@u 🤣

Hugh knoweth his onions 😅

take chance on FLOWERS 20/1 EW in Windsor 6,15 upcoming

hopeful pick :)

no joy there with Flowers - ran okay, but 4th no good

time for APITS featuring Hamilton & Menzies in two episodes on ch262 🤣

Hughie has been on fire lately, he will record record profit for this month or has for previous, I haven't checked. I'm not bothered with evening racing today, just watching some replays instead.

yup,

Comparing to his last year's result, that's whole yearly profit in a month, well done to him and good luck to those who are trying to follow him (you'll never get those advised odds).

• Advertisement

😁

(you'll never get those advised odds).

absolutely ! can't trust those "advised odds" at all

this is oldish video , but this chap has a deep dive over a certain shortish period of time (bout a week only, tbf, but tis likely the same since he (Hugh) got successful - ATR site recording bs "advised" or "available" hehehehh 😆 , prices ) 🤗 😪

very few prices the chap got 😌

all a sham !!

Advertisement