Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Fest - Emo, Co. Laois - July 21-23 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Soundbleed from stages is very annoying. I'm sure the artists feel the same way as the punters as far as that goes. They'll have to be careful not to make a balls of it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Snarky Snark Snark

There are 191 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm hoping that Suede will play Galway Arts Festival. It's on same time as this festival, would be easy for them to play Galway a night or 2 before or after this...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They played GIAF in 2016, they tend not to repeat acts, probably more likely to be the Marquee in Cork if they are doing other gigs in Ireland.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hoping to go this year. Is it free flow? Is it your typical festival camping experience with everything contained within one site ala All Together Now, Body and Soul etc? Very tempted by the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I ask as I can see a shuttle bus from campsite to the arena on last year's map and am confused about the set up. 

Is there any campsite in the main campus itself that you can walk to and from the main stages from? Where will the glamping campsite be situated? 

Do you need to leave the main arena and head into the town to attend gigs or is everything in the one main arena? 

Really want to go, but depends on the set up. Don't want to be leaving the festival site for any reason whether that be to attend a gig or accommodation.

Cheers in advance.

The campsite(s) are off site but within walking distance AFAIK.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

All music is on the festival site, and campsites are off site, but not far.

Emo is a village, you won't be walking miles or anything.

Haven't been so don't know what the camping facilities are.

It's not free flow, wasn't last year anyway. Standard fare on offer, with craft breweries Ballykilcavan and Wicklow Wolf both having their own bars there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fitzieboy

Anyone stay in the caravan park last year. Have booked but can't see details. Can you put up an awning. Is there toilets. How long is the walk to main arena.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 175 sleeps

Did any of you use camping last year and if so what was it like, random field? toilets? showers? security? organisation?

New post on the Forest Fest site, answering some faq's

A couple of filler acts announced, a few more tribute bands, and a couple added to the forest fleadh (including the excellent The Olllam)

Latest Lineup as per 02.02.2023

Snarky Snark Snark

There are 161 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭paulbok

Did this sell out last year?

Got a weekend ticket recently and looking like I won't be able to go as it's potentially clashing with a family event, so I'll probably have to offload it.

Post edited by paulbok on

New post by the Forest Fest team. The Fleadh lineup is now finalised and everything else will be finalised by Easter.

"Planning for the second year of the event is at an advanced stage with the full day-by-day programme details and an extended daily bus service to the festival to be announced later this month"

Day-by-day line-up

“We are currently putting the finishing touches to the line-up, finalising details for our food court and refreshments as well as putting in place a more extensive bus service to make it all the more convenient for fans,” outlines promoter Philip Meagher. “We expect to be able to announce all those before Easter so that fans can plan well ahead for what will certainly be one of the highlights of the summer. Campervan camping is already close to selling out and the feedback and reviews on Forest Fest from all over the country is amazing.” 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

OT, but I don't understand why these smaller festivals don't use social media more. @forest_fest haven't tweeted since June 2022 but if you follow small UK fests they're tweeting a lot at this time of year when people are deciding what to do for the summer. FF have a poster for most of their major acts on their instagram page, why not tweet them out too? The more people you reach the more chance there is of you selling a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Surprised it took us this long, but herself and I just got tickets for this today. Couldn't have James play here and not turn up! And it would feel weird leaving on the first night. So really, our hands were tied.

Can anyone who was at the last one advise on Late Night Rave options, or is that not a thing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bring a bluetooth speaker for yer phone, sorted. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Great stuff Rubick, looks like a nice little festival, circa 5k I think.

Mate of mine was there last year and i don't think you'll be getting any rave options, late night or otherwise!

I'm really looking forward to it.

Post edited by Thundercats Ho on

Snarky Snark Snark

There are 115 sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

How did the camping work at this last year?

Looking at the pictures there seems to be vans with tents beside them etc? I was looking at the gglamping thing but now wondering about bring the transit or jeep and maybe spending the glamping costs on a driveaway awaning or something for either vehicle? We have lots of gear built up over the years from doing EP so wondering about a new setup for this and some of the other festivals.

Obvioulsy the above only really works if we can camp beside the vehicle.

Thanks

Not sure how it worked but the camper van / caravan passes are sold out now.

Thanks, I saw that those and the caravan were gone.

I was just wondering was it possible to camp beside the vehicle or if it was like EP where you park up and lug all your stuff in to a seperate closed off area. I was thinking of a set up like below but you are probably right that this would need to be in the campervan area, which is the issue as it wouldn't be a proper campervan. There are similar options for estate cars and SUVs using the tailgate.

Grabbed two camping tickets for this but may just be me on my todd when the date rolls around

From Facebook.

Pillow Queens, Stevie Appleby (ex little green cars), Ashaari, and local band Strength by numbers added to the bill.

More interestingly, this comment and reply. Looks like another Saturday headliner to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

They're really going all out this year. One more half decent act might break my resistance.

re that extra Saturday headliner, see post below.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the Sawdoctors, if it's something they're still trying to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Please no to Saw Doctors. No offense to them but already a few similar acts on the bill. Would love something a bit more in vein of the current headliners. Manics would be a long shot but someone of that calibre would turn it from an already great looking festival to head exploding emoji territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Curious to know from those who attended last year if you saw any teens allowed in? My 16 year old interested in going Friday night only but don't want to land down to be turned away. I know it's an over 18s event, but how strict is it

• Advertisement

If it's an over-18s event, I wouldn't be bringing a 16 year old.

Advertisement