Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Meghan probably went for a stroll on the equivalent of Killiney Hill (with fewer people) which would possibly take an hour. As for Harry, I hope he was in bed getting some sleep because he had just spent about 24 hours out of 28 in the air. That would knock it out of you.

Its laughable that some of you people think that is a staged photo while on one hand complaining about how she is dressed (not very glamorously) and then complaining that she is wearing some jewelery! If Meghan was the vain, egocentric person that you all want to believe she is she probably would have dressed a bit more fashionably.

I'm sure all the pap agencies are well aware that the British tabloids are just panting for photos of Meghan back in the UK, so probably have set up shop outside their house.

It was all over the tabloids today that Charlotte had not curtseyed to Camilla as Charles & Camilla were taking their seats at the concert. The kid is 8 and that is plastered all over the papers about her mistake.

It is just wrong to put those poor kids under that kind of pressure. They should not be used (abused) in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

The paper back edition is coming out presumably. I am unconvinced that Moehringer, an experienced and talented writer, is ignorant of how tabloid media operates. His golden rule is that the ghost writer never speaks out while he in the process of speaking out. He also says that peoples negative reactions to the LeBron exit interviews and Harrys book is driven by peoples racism. Interesting cognitive dissonance since I am white and I didn't like Harrys book and so that means I am racist. He then back tracks a modicum and muses that maybe it is because the critical people are poor and this makes them envious haters who are jealous that rich people are making loadsa money. We're all terrible people. 🙄 Thanks for clarifying that J.R. An elitist and condescending article in The New Yorker? Surely not. 😂

Opposition (from ghost writer to client) is true friendship? True friendship would be insisting that the passage where Harry rubs Elizabeth Arden on his frozen cock with that act and aroma making him remember his mother was absolutely not going to be included. As in, if you insist this goes in then I quit. That not only made it to print but was included in the audio as well. It is the kind of thing which might arouse the interest of South Park and give them an open goal to obliterate all the work we did in the space of twenty minutes. But who cares? We made lots of money and The New Yorker will allow us to indulge ourselves. 👌

Opposition might also have been wise to perhaps not put a number on the amount of Taliban you’ve killed. That it was included is indicative of the bubble collectively inhabited there. Whatever salient or thought provoking points Harry and his ghostwriter thought this memoir was making became irrelevant when it made him an international laughing stock with the former and a pariah for the latter. For all the frozen todger and broken necklace/dog bowling jokes the criticism of the kill count was the core criticism of that book. I know Meghan and Archie were bringing J.R. and Harry sweets and drinks when they met but taking his security concerns into account maybe the thought crossed their minds that poking the Taliban may be counter productive.

Post edited by valoren on

Did you miss the part where Harry talked about genetic pain? Implied that his stifled father didn't know how to be a positive and caring parent because his parents were stifled themselves. It was a generational flaw where duty to the institution outweighed being a doting parent. Harry wanted to break that cycle in moving away but the Queen was Annes mother as well so your point contradicts Harrys opinion there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

You would need to be very naive to think this was not a staged photo- the Royal family have often used photos as a way of making their voices heard, without saying anything- even Charles coronation photo has his sister by his side- hugely significant and widely commented on.

an apparent casual stroll with Meaghan just happening to wear a number of Diana’s pieces of Jewellery, the day after her father in law becomes king and Camilla, Diana’s love rival, Queen- it’s not just a staged photo, it’s a clear statement from H&M - even wealthy, you don’t wear such items when dressed like you’re about to climb a mountain- completely staged photo from the trolls of Montecito

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Will be interested to see what the usual suspects have to say in their defence!!😉

He handled perfectly, he showed up , supported his father , and then bailed , job done 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

OK, I've braced myself for the comment from the promoters of H&M ("Idiot, Spoilt" and "Actress, Annoying" according to British adults)

I'll need a placard with "Not My Words" written on it, and wear a yellow t-shirt with same printed on it

Half following the court case but gleaned the following. Harry and William ran a joint royal household until early 2019. Until 2013 they shared a private secretary. It would have either required a concerted effort to keep the story of phone hacking between 2005 and 2012 a secret on their part or else Harry knew about it all along and didn’t sue until 2019. Harrys lawyers admit that he learned about an arrangement to delay settlement between News Corp and the royals as long ago as 2012. If he intended to sue then that would have been the best time to do so. He waited 7 years. He will get compensated and rightly so. I think a problem there is that his brother got a million and he was only offered 200k. It’s probably another case of moaning that his brother used to get 3 sausages to his mere two and also him getting the bigger room in a palace all over again. Money won’t be enough. He is engaging in some grandstanding about changing the media. I think William settling was twisted into some narrative of him collaborating with the Murdochs and them all privately going mwuhaha at poor Harrys expense. Harrys grandstanding over the media will be a win for him but in going to trial to achieve that he may well have to face some stark reality. I’d say William didn’t go to trial because it would have renewed scrutiny on his mother and her own very intimate relationship with the media. (i.e. many leaks stemmed from Diana herself, she friendly with tabloid editors). Even Piers Morgan was invited for lunch. Settling would avoid going over all that and I don’t think Harry can blame his brother if/when such facts emerge. Also on Morgan, Omid Scobie gave testimony that in 2002 he got work experience at the Mirror where phone hacking was talked about openly by Morgan. Scobie was given verbal instructions on how to hack phones. He was only going to be there for a week. He refused to do it. I find it amazing that of all people the guy who collaborated with the Sussexes on their Finding Freedom book found himself, as a work experience student only there for one week, was right at the centre of the action when there were open talks with the editor about the unethical practices which would cost them millions of pounds. What a coincidence.

“boring” can probably be taken as a compliment these days, considering all of the other choice words you could use for some of the RF

• Advertisement

When you say you are traumatised by the clicking of pap cameras but then there was that time a mate asked if you would do a pap walk in order to promote his night club and you'll happily forget all about your trauma to oblige him multiple times. 🤦‍♂️

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

you do know the taliban were already aware harry had killed fighters of theirs, right?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I didn't know belligerents participated in exchanging who killed who during conflicts. Although based on my last post it isn't unreasonable to think he might be exagerrating that too for effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

backward as the taliban are, they aren't stupid on such matters.

harry wasn't there to hold hands and sing songs around a camp fire, he was there to fight as a serving soldier.

if we all knew that, they certainly knew that.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Oh its the media's fault for sure. The unfair treatment poor, set upon H&M were subjected to. Lives RUINED because of a RACIST media! Poor Saint Harry and Holy Mother Markle, like lambs to the slaughter.

Apparently, in a witness statement that's been submitted to the Court, Harry blames the MGN’s activities for causing Chelsy Davy to decide that a royal life was not for her. And I thought Harry had put the break up down to QEII? Either way, Meghan's not being painted in such a golden light as usual; more as second choice

Harry was in Afghanistan in 2012-13. He didn't retire from the Army until 2015.

I'd be interested to know why you think the Mirror apologised to Prince Harry for hacking his phone when you seem to think that Harry is making it all up. Don't think Scobie was given instructions on how to hack a phone - Morgan was telling the world and its wife how to do it. Here is Jeremy Paxman giving evidence at the Levenson enquiry to support that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHoW0gJ2qJE

As for Omid Scobie - He rejected the unethical practices of the tabloids - hardly surprising then that he supports Harry as he also rejects the unethical practices of the papers.

And stop victim blaming - Diana was abused by the royal family and by the press. National Geographic have put their documentary on her which includes all the tapes she made for Andrew Morton. What happened to her/how she was treated by the royal family and the press was appalling.

Victim blaming? Please. What do you think about Diana being friendly with tabloid editors? Harry himself mirrored his mothers covert media tactics with Morton with Scobie lest we forget. Have to be able to say they had no involvement. I'd take whatever they say with a pinch of salt. The Mirror didn't apologise for phone hacking. They apologised for any unethical practices they carried out against Harry e.g. hiring people at £75 a pop to spy on Harry in pubs/clubs and gather information (who he interacted with). Toxic carry on and not exclusive to him.

I do wonder who Harrys legal team are. One of his claims for invasion of privacy for example was a story about him getting golf clubs for his birthday. The papers source? An interview with Harry. Did they even fact check that?

Anne was allowed break away and was not in the spotlight like Harry was. Different times back then as well. Anne was allowed to marry Mark Phillips and get on with her eventing. She was allowed a fairly private life and she was very careful to keep her children out of the zoo and live a relatively normal life. Harry wasn't allowed that. Even when he was in the army in Afghanistan, someone leaked where he was and he had to come home.

Just as an aside - everyone said that Andrew was the Queen's favourite. I don't think Charles was particularly well liked by his parents. He was the opposite to Philip, whereas Andrew and Harry (with their army careers) would have had a lot more in common with Philip. Similarly, Philip was very close to Anne (good horsewoman etc).

• Advertisement

Why do you have a problem with the Elizabeth Arden story? The whole point of that was to explain why he couldn't tell anyone what his problem was because it would be all over the tabloids the next day. He couldn't trust his father, he couldn't trust William. He was trying to sort the problem without going to a doctor. He eventually got one of his friends to put him in the booth of a car and bring him to a doctor.

And how sad, the scent of the cream reminded him of his mother. Why does that upset you. The point of his biography was to get everything out there so that there is nothing left of his life that the media can try and blackmail him with which is important with all his court cases coming up.

South Park had Prince William ripping off Kate's arm and pegging her 10 years ago. William and Kate got over that.

As for the helicopter - the only thing wrong about that was the tabloids sensationalising it and drawing attention to it.

There are cameras on the choppers so they know exactly how many are killed.

And what about Edward? A spare. Also the youngest son of a monarch. Wanted out in the early 90s. Wanted to become a theatre producer and went for it. To use a P Flynnism "...didn't work out for him, didn't work out for him". He decided to come back as a working royal and goes about that with next to no fuss. Married Sophie. Tabloid interest. She got stung with the fake sheikh. Their kids don't go by HRH. Styled as the kids of a Duke Duchess. Where is Edwards version of Waagh? He went off to follow his interests but didn't burn any bridges which enabled him to return. I wonder was Harry actually aware of all of those developments. When you look at it then he comes out of it all poorly. Wanted half in/out. Oprah. Netflix. Waagh. The guy works as a show pony for BetterUp. He had the means to spend his time studying to actually become useful in that area over the past three years. He hasn't done anything like that. The optics just look like someone utterly entitled and self-obsessed-absorbed to the point of the tarnishing of his reputation and worth.

He was traumatised by how much of his life was being printed in the papers. For example, he got glandular fever when he was 16/17 and it was all over the papers that he had ''the kissing disease'' (that was a leak from Charles' private secretary). Then, fearing going to the doctor about his frost bitten penis. Ended going in the boot of a car. What a **** life. Thats what they mean about privacy.

Really? He wrote about it because he didn't want the papers writing about something that happened 12 years ago? He thought his dad/brother had been biding their time to inevitably leak that? His ghostwriter did infer that the King was covertly in cahoots with the board of directors at TK Maxx (aligned with his Trust) to undermine Harry when Spare was published. Jesus, the self regard, the perceived slights etc.

You make him sound utterly paranoid and that is probably accurate. My dad, a self-proclaimed genius (hint: narcissist) liked to smoke weed sometimes. He thought he was being spied on once by a van parked across the road. It wasn't. He thought the lord mayor and local councillors were conspiring against him. They weren't. He thought I was involved when I denied it. Even after the come down he still maintains he was right. A narc. Harry is narcissistic. He does/did drugs too. See where I'm going with this? They were all likely not trying to leak against him but trying to deal/reason with a self-righteous arsehole.

This is the same guy currently with a case in court because, to give another example, the papers wrote a story about him breaking his thumb while playing football years ago. A match with mutliple witnesses and who would have been the sources for such a story. I get his points regarding why such incidents like that are in the public interest (they're not) but that is utterly petty. They wrote about my thumb, that is obviously terrible so I better tell a world who have been waiting with bated breath for the past four decades that me and my brother are circumsised. "Dude", nobody cares.

Finally, it will be interesting to see someone so controlling as to who asks him questions getting cross examined.

Nothing wrong with being friendly with newspaper editors, provided they are respectful of people's privacy (for example, who needs to know that 17 year old Harry has glandular fever? Why should that be front page of a newspaper?)

Nothing wrong with Diana talking about herself to Morton. Nothing wrong with Harry talking to Scobie (not sure that he did actually. I think Jason Knauf, William's communications secretary did the talking).

Why should Diana not be allowed to speak to the press? Harry and Meghan said they were not going to have anything to do with a couple of British tabloids, they didn't say they would not interact with other papers.

What exactly is wrong with Meghan arranged for a photo to be taken of her out hiking. There is obviously a demand for her photos and she obliged.

23rd April. The Duchess is living her life in the present. She isn't concerned about letters from two years ago relating to conversations from four years ago. The tabloids and royal correspondents need to stop this circus which they alone are creating.

25th April. The Duke goes to court arguing that he should be allowed to take legal action now despite missing a deadline to sue by 10 years about hacked voicemails from 18 years ago. The Duke needs to continue waging his war against the media.

Have a word Meghan with him about living in the now. 😀

1. TK Max posted on twitter that they didn't do sales in response to Harry's book that he used to shop in TK Max sales, which was basically calling him a liar. Why would they do that? (just for the record, they do ''Sales'' with tons of TK Max photos of 'Sale' signs posted on twitter in response to their claim).
    2. I'm sorry that you have had a difficult family life, but I think your take is wrong as to who the narcisists are in the Royal Family (even if there are any)? The problem the RF has is that the oldest child is groomed to be some sort of a demi god and expect everything to go their way. Narcisists would not normally think of themselves as 'spares' by the way. Both Charles and William seem to have bad tempers (a former footman/personal servant to Charles said he got really angry on one occasion when one of his cufflinks fell down the drain in the sink and he ripped the sink off the wall in a fit of rage. This happened when he was a guest of someone in their house in France). He mentioned another occasion when he ripped the sink off the wall when he was working for him. We've all seen evidence of his temper with the pen and Camilla trying to calm him down.
    3. Its not that they reported he broke his tumb (he was 13/14 at the time and there was meant to be an embargo on reporting on both of them as it was only a year after Diana's death). His issue was how they reported it. Read for yourself:

He begins (in Spare): “Newspaper put me on the front page again. HARRY’S HAD AN ACCIDENT. I’d broken a bone in my thumb playing rugby, no big deal, but the paper decided to make out that I was on life support. Bad taste, under any circumstances, but a little more than a year after Mummy’s alleged accident? C’mon, fellas.”

Harry adds: “I’d dealt with the British press all my life, but they’d never before singled me out. In fact, since Mummy’s death an unspoken agreement had governed press treatment of both her sons, and the agreement went like this: Lay off. Let them have their education in peace. Apparently that agreement had now expired, because there I was, splattered across the front page, made out to seem a delicate flower. Or an ass. Or both.”

From your reaction to the reporting of the thumb incident, its handy that we get a clear picture from his book as to what the issue was and not some tabloid spin regurgitated by you.

I see that Chelsy Davy is going through hell on her social media site, with the Sussex Squad in full attack mode. I'm sure that Chelsy's is delighted that Harry brought her up in his court statement. Of course, he wasn't invading her privacy..... much

• Advertisement

I don't read tabloids fyi. Alleged accident? It was an accident.

Advertisement