Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Not many original design ideas going around that office anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭H_Lime

TV dial lo fi 50 quid fun and a chance for a poke around the progenitor to the 7s26, the 7009.

Removed, cleaned and lubricated the auto winding, changed gaskets and regulated it. Quickset working grand once I realised the 7009 changes day of week with crown in. May pull the hands and re lume as its deteriorated somewhat but still glowing, just.

Workhorse of a movement still healthy 43 years and one month on, never opened by the looks of things. Positional variance accounted for it's set +20 face up which should easily do sub ten spd on wrist. All very acceptable for this vintage and non hacking. Delira with its retro charm, if only I had my hair from back then too.

Post edited by H_Lime on

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Afternoon coffee and Monta Skyquest

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Every time you post that watch it really does catch my eye, the hands both in form and with the gilt finishing they really do pop.

Well wear 👍

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This today. 50 years old.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Sorted mates tudor with new 2824-2. Wonder how much the AD would have charged haha.

They sound and feel like a bag O shyte winding (so don't!) but by god they regulate up beautiful with that fine tuning adj. Zero spd on its back and zero at 12 down, no positional variance, voodoo Ted. That's a first for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Have to agree, have seen a couple on line and they look great

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I can do what I can do and if I can't I try to learn.

One Wibbs might (?) like

36mm solid bronze field case, hamilton khaki inspired, nh38 movement, faux patina c2 lume. Should patina up lovely.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Back to basics today for a change. Bought a number of years ago, worn a bit and got packed away in a house move.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

51 years old. Omega Seamaster. The date is changed by pulling the crown out and in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah!

It's been sitting in a box for a few years, not a bother on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A classic among watches. Irrelevant you can often pick it up for a tenner or not much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Haven't worn this Transocean in a while and is probably due a service at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

speaking of Breitling service.. I sent my emergency back to Breitling as my go to guy for battery replacement on the emergency said it wasn’t functioning even with new batteries installed.

estimate came back 3 weeks later for €1600!! Claimed there was rust inside and needed a new board inside. Told them where to go.

watchmaker in Sheerans (trained by Breitling/Rolex at al) had a look. Tiny bit of rust which he cleaned .. new batteries and resealed and pressure tested. Doubt I would have faired as well in Weirs! Final bill was €250 .. a fair chunk of which was the charge to fedex the watch to and from Breitling

have always had an excellent experience in Sheerans. Have only had a quick look in the new boutiques but will try get back in soon as I have an awful itch for something new 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Didnt know you had an emergency....cool watch.

Will be 10 years old next February but still looks fantastic. It used to be a talking point down the pub and still gets a bit of attention. It’s one of my keepers 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Was briefly in town late Sunday afternoon (about 17:30) but the new Sheeran shops were all closed. Have they fully opened yet? If so, why were they closed at that time?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

The boutiques are not open on Sunday as far as I know. Pretty sure I heard the salesperson tell me that when I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Had a look a couple of weeks ago, didn't have as much time as I wanted due to a dinner reservation but I tried on a couple of IWCs for the hell of it.

There are cocktail bars at the back of the boutiques so you can wander around sipping an old fashioned while eyeing up your next purchase. 😃

Lovely big pilot and top gun chrono there, all available on "easy" monthly payments with humm. 😟

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Had a similar experience a few years back. Jumped into the Ocean with it on and had mild condensation inside the glass. Took it to Keane's and they said pull the crown out it and till dry out. Didn't want to chance that so sent it back and service €900 from Breitling. Apparently the watch was under warranty but it was my fault for not sending it back for a 2 years pressure test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

My watches of espionage inspired purchase .If you’ve not read his articles on his site or follow him on instagram he’s well worth a look .

seiko snkp21j1 - A cheap and cheerful Seiko 5 with Arabic numerals and day . Worth every penny of the €150 I paid on jomashop and €35 import. Bracelet was usual Seiko quality so I have it on leather strap .I’ve a canvas strap ordered for it that cost nearly as much as the watch which will fit it much nicer when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Closest thing to a smart watch I'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Which Sheeran's is that?

I bought my Emergency in 2012 (a few years old at the time). I was living in Aus and when the battery went, they (Breitling) charged me $660 for replacement.

Vowed to never pay that again so have changed both the watch and emergency batteries myself ever since. My only concern is the seals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Breitling have some really beautiful watches.

You can probably find the same seals online, ebay and the like.

They do, and a cool history. At one time and for a good while too they were very popular in the market, but for some reason aen't nearly as known these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

There's the likes of this on Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32966320671.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.141.4cb91802uKoDvz

The seals are available in 0.7 and 0.5mm, an assortment of different sizes, that will suit most cases. The 0.5mm ones are the most common I would say.

This is what I use when changing any batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The original market for "tool" or professional watches like pilot or sail/dive watches has all been replaced by computers. Buyers of those are now brand image followers and Breitling's designs haven't succeeded in that market, because they're overly functional and complicated. Rolex by comparison is just "chunky dress watch" which is what the buyers are looking for.

Advertisement