Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable 100HP Loader Tractors

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭nhg

Have been following this thread with great interest as thinking of changing our 2004 Case JX75 with loader to a 2016 Case Farmall 115U with loader

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BlueDove

Thanks for the advise lads. Ill just have to try get the best value i can for the 6635. Going to have a look at a few yokes over the next couple of weeks, I'll start south a work my way north and see if the juice is worth the squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Slava Ukrainii

Winter feeding, cleaning sheds/spreading dung and fert, rolling ,harrowing,topping, mowing, tedding, drawing and stacking bales. 6635 is great but I'm in bother with left knee hence the shift to power shuttle and up a few years, well that was the hope anyway lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Traded in my 6635 last year, bought a jxu 105, delighted with upgrade, shuttle is a gift, extra weight around yard was more comfortable feeding,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Paddy Lacey has a smashing case jxu 105 with a loader on. A better one you will not find. I’m sure it’s priced to match however…

Yes, the jxu would be an option too. What kind of trade value did you get, only if you don't mind saying of course. I'm getting between 20k to 22.5k subject to inspection for mine over the phone. I'll have look at PLaceys also thanks.

Got few quotes like u, went to see case first and looked and got price then asked would he take a trade, called that evening and have me 24 for it, it had loader, I was going to keep loader but he said I was better off getting more modern loader, which looking now he was bang on ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Tileman

You can sing that. Bought one off him 10 years ago. His tractor in fairness but tough man to negotiate with. Was priced high but worked out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Grueller

• Advertisement

Fair play thanks for the info, that looks a clean yoke and well may you wear it. Going to look at a few this week so let's see how I get on. Thanks for all the input lads 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Bazzer007

Cavanaghs of Fermoy have a JX95, 2012, with a loader on DD. Saw it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭cute geoge

that is only a prick of a tractor compared to a jxu

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Jim Simmental

I’m after coming across a safe 2002 NH TS 90 turbo for sale locally with 5600 hours.

I presume the turbo would bring the tractor up to 100 HP.

The tractor has only one assistor ram, would a TS 90 be fit to work a double bale handler?

If one was to purchase this tractor - would €10,000 fit a new rossmore loader these days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Why would you need a new loader plenty to choose from s/h ,they are a grand tractor but I would be going fairly handy with 2 bales on the back

Rossmore collected my one , fitted loader and dropped back for 8 k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

That would be a very handy tractor for plenty of folk. No need to run it down.

For bluedove it would not work though as he needs a power shuttle instead of mechanical shuttle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Ya be well able for a double bale handler.

You'd want a set of weights up front if running it with no loader.

Couldn't comment on price of a new loader fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Downtown123

+1. He’d be as well off with what he has. The 6635 would probably be easier sold

Hey Guys

Just an update for anyone in a simular situation. I ended up purchasing a t5040 with NH loader at 6000hrs. Its was an ex council tractor from uk and deluxe mode. Nearly through a full season now so I feel i can give a decent opinion on it. Long story short it's a brilliant tractor for our small operation, many posts call it a yard tractor but definitely not afraid to work in the fields as well. We have it mowing,tedding,drawing bales,topping ,rolling,spreading manure,cleaning sheds,winter feeding and all types of loader work pretty much without fault. Our model has the air seat, power shuttle, clutch button on gear knob(gift), A/C, electric lift arm with buttons on rear fender. I wasn't to bothered about these extras before but would find it hard to go back now.

To be fair to the 6635 it done all the above jobs as well and definitely a touch easier on juice but the t5040 with upgrades to front axle, engine, cab and extras stated above feels like a good buy.

Thanks again for all the advise and I hope this helps anyone looking at changing to t5000 series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Glad it worked out for you and thanks for posting an update. So many of the threads fall by the wayside with no conclusion.

Wear well and I hope it continues to do all you ask of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Packrat

Lovely machine. Well may she wear.

Not asking what she cost, but what price range are that model in now?

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

No bother at all, so looked at about 15 t5040/50/60 models and the price with dealers went from 35k to 45k which I thought was very strong as I stated in a earlier post but that seems to be the market for JD NH DZ mid size loader machine's, well last year anyway. The price range was dictated by spec/condition n year and we found many that looked good online but when you see them in person were in all honesty rough in my view had alot of wear in the cab area, saying that it could just be me being a fussy c#@t lol.

They were looking 42k for the t5040 we bought and we ended up giving 20k with the 6635(22k trade value) which seemed value of it from speaking to many dealers the but I felt with the condition and spec of the one we bought even if it was a touch strong it was worth the extra couple of grand as I plan on keeping it as long as possible.

Hope that explains it.

Post edited by BlueDove on

Great to get feedback on this as now if the time we never hear the end result. Looks a great tractor. Best of luck. Did u buy it in the north and if so what was the paperwork and costs?

We never got up north in the end but from what I remember you need uk paperwork/reg,document with date of import then book it into local nct centre within a certain time frame of date imported and vrt is 200 euro. Obviously time spent looking and transport would factor in and I'm sure there are lads on here with way more experience with this and am open to correction. I think all information needed is on citizensin information website.

We delt with Brendan Casey in Clonaslee and they covered all registration and delivery in the deal. Found him and his son Delcan good to deal with.

Yea good lads but expensive. But trustworthy. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Grueller

Trustworthy is worth the premium in my experience

Advertisement