Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah was trying to think if he had beaten any of the guys he's been stalking since coming back so looked it up. He beat Rey once and Drew once. But Scarlett can be a good indication of how fans like his matches when she wears shorts like last night. Was looking at the fans at ringside where she was and seemed everyone was looking at the match and no one at her.

So Cameron Grimes' first match will be against someone who had a similar rags to riches story as him. Did find it funny that Corbin compared himself to Lesnar. Logical thinking really.

Was wondering where Priest was since seemed stupid to not have either of the guys who are in one of the most promoted matches of the night but then both guys showed up. I assume Bunny will win to give the fans one local winner since I doubt Zelina is winning. But will they have the match on last to send the fans home happy? Being a street fight means will be involvement from both teams, though the LWO outnumbers the JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think that was Kross' best match since he was back tbh and they're building Nakamura so not surprised he won.

Crowd was amazing and definitely will help elevate the show tonight, the ending with Bad Bunny was awesome and those LWO shirts are going to sell an insane amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm wondering is Solo turning on his brothers tonight

Bunny match main event surely tonight with him winning

I did lol at Liv running in to save Bianca, looked like something from The Flash

With the reaction at Backlash and it seems the overall opinion from what I see, can we expect a Bianca heel turn soon? And how to go about it?

AJ Styles vs. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio one of the tournament SD matches this Friday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't think she'll turn, it's more of a reaction to how stale her championship reign has gotten. It's the same no matter the opponent for months now.

Would be hopeful that the MITB cash in is on her this year to give a bit of a jolt back into the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very interesting match on paper and rare enough opponents to each other. Must be a while since there was any sort of Rey vs Edge match

The brand split basically given away the result unless were in for a shock and we'll see a SD guy winning with a trade of some sort happening

Bianca and her hair are big for the younger fans so likely no heel turn, big merc seller but she has gone stale as champion

So who will Reigns face at Night of Champions? Just whoever loses the Smackdown final?

Free Agent Omos

Sure we can forget he lost to Seth

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Karrion Kross was rumoured named too I think Omos would even be better than him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Ridley

Credible reason for him to be invested in the runner-up belt to be fair.

Online speculation that Roman and Solo will be going after the tag titles

I also expect Roman to be questioning why no one from the Bloodline is in the tournament.

A championship celebration is a very heelish thing to do. 😀 Though glad to see Asuka cut it short. Looks like Bianca didn't fix her braid since her last match.

So can we expect constant Corbin Grimes matches where Grimes keeps winning quickly?

I know it's her constant look, but Iyo seems even more fed up with Bayley than usual.

So while one might expect all champions to have to defend their titles at Night of Champions, they kill 2 birds with one stone by just having Roman appear in a match without defending. 3 possible options I guess: Solo to take the cleanish fall, Usos to cost them the match either by DQ or interference or they win.

Sami pinning Roman after Uso shenanigans to give him his first pinfall loss in over three years would be awesome. But yeah. It'll be a DQ or Solo taking the L I suspect. Unless they're going to load Roman up with the tag belts and never have them defended too....

Jey vs. Roman being build again which is how it all started, WM 40 main event?

Poor Cody though lost now, where does he fit in for a title

Scenes if Roman ends Night of Champions like this 😂

• Advertisement

Seth winning at NOC has been obvious from the get go, which is a shame, Styles just drafted to SD so doubt he will win

Asuka and Bianca again, Bianca beat her clean at WM, at least let Asuka win now as Bianca got her title length record and push face Iyo as her challenger away from Damage Control

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Hopefully Asuka is keeping the Kana character going considering she appeared minus facepaint on this week's show. Would love to see a heel Asuka get a title run and tee up a face Iyo to dethrone her down the line

Bianca vs. Asuka official now for NOC for the Raw women's title, no talk of title swap or match between champs Rhea and Bianca

Styles a guest tonight on Grayson Waller Effect

Boogie Knight tag team lasted long 😄

Reigns new shirt is meh but good slow teasing Solo turning on Reigns

Are we getting Waller vs. Styles again, if so no complaints from me as better than Kross

Thought they'd have AJ Styles heel for a while but obviously not if Kross is coming after him

They even teased Kross/AJ during the Waller effect with a "Tick Tock" appearing on the tweets along the bottom.

Strange that they have Yulisa Leon's first match back after a long injury in squash match against Isla and Alba rather than on NXT. Not that most people would really know them since they haven't exactly been setting NXT on fire and have mostly been on 205 Live/Level Up apart from being backstage with Sanga.

Didn't make sense having Raquel relinquish the titles since she was getting the opportunity to win them back. Should've just had her be given the option of finding a new partner but to be fair then to the other teams they would have to defend the titles.

I assume Kross will cost AJ at NOC the title, I kinda thought now Seth is off filming for Marvel that AJ might win the new Raw world title

I did enjoy Sheamus knocking out Theory

I'd love another world title reign for Sheamus

Shotzi to partner Raquel?

Just having Roman in the ring straight away makes the Bloodline story interesting again. Enjoyed the tag match between the Brutes and Pretty Deadly, that's a decent little feud to give them a foothold on the main roster assuming the Brutes want revenge for the cheap win.

Sheamus Theory not being at Night of Champions is weird. Hope the US title isn't going to be pushed down the card again now they've got world titles on both brands, US Title has had a great revival the past year alongside the IC and Theory has been a big part of that.

Feel like a mistake by Jimmy is going to cost Roman and Solo the tag titles and that'll lead into Jey vs Roman down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The piped in crowd noises are really jarring on SD. Cheers for LA Knight and 3 seconds later the stupid piped boos come in

Was this a pre-recorded SmackDown? I thought some of the lines from Michael Coke didn’t feel live either

Advertisement