Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sure it's where we all belong.

Fed up listening to this so called amazing atmosphere at games. I have been to a few Ulster finals over the years, plus 1 AIL final, and compared to big soccer games, they are like wakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What croyme did your relatives get sent there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Football is sh1te, that's why. Go to a Munster hurling game and you'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

A retired bank manager who has not got broadband in the house. Enough said. Taliban mentality indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A subsidised/free Starlink connection for those back and beyond would be the way to go instead of cabling the entire country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, in the unrivalled piles o' shyte stakes, that will take some beating.

Thank feck it's 3pm and oh, it's Ray. Bollocks.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

The simple answer is yes. I worked someplace where they only talked about the GAA, some even took the next day off (I don't think it was to say a pray of thanks for winning) when their local club was in the county junior z final. Always referring to themselves as "Gaels" ( even though it means foreigner). But what I find hypocritical is the same people who are the most vocal GAA supporters think nothing of going to England to watch a lower league EFL game such as Stockdale vs Rochdale.

In N Ireland some non Gael civil servants have complained about too much talking about the GAA at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

I think this subject has been done to near death.

Please, Lisa Marie Berry, please move on to something else tomorrow.

Let Colm show us his "range"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Would the same Nordies who complain about the workmates “talking about GAA”, by any chance the same who like talking about certain parades, royalty, the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

What I find amazing is that these people should be angry with the GAA, not RTÉ.

They previously sold them out to Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You are like a newborn here Exxer… you don’t know the drill

Stand in presenter… single issue subject… bang bang bang.

Colm or ‘Cullum’ as he calls himself doesn’t have to bone up on everything.

Otherwise or ‘Uutherwise’ as C might say it would be a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

An all ireland final, be it football or hurling, should have a great atmosphere at it.

I have never heard 82500 people so quiet. I have been at football matches with 20000 that were multiples of times louder

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And you nicely put your finger on the real issue there NI.

Given the style of play currently dominant in both codes there is little excitement or ‘goalmouth action’ to get the fans involved and excited.

Thats the reason the crowds are so quiet. Nothing to get excited about.

If teams adopt a playing strategy that incorporates a desire to take as few chances as possible and retain possession

without attempting a score until it is nearly certain to be successful,the result is a boring experience.

Sport thrives on the contested action and the element of chaos, not orderly exchange.

MU should take note😁

• Greebo’s post above. Now cawlurs, you have been warned about Terribul Turdsday. Have your last word now or hold your silence for the next couple of weeks. My somewhat cheeky reply below:

I’m predicting Gold on Turdsday & beyond, to spite us as we’ll have access to Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Maybe the opportunity might be taken to improve this shyte software, too.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭steinbock123

You must remember that the GAA was set up to be all things not British. If it had never been invented, we’d probably have won a soccer World Cup or two by now, not to mention the cricket World Cup also, as I believe at one time cricket was the most played and most popular game in the country. Don’t forget the famous “ban” on “foreign games” i.e British games. Not that long ago really since that was got rid of. So GAA games will be quiet because we can’t have chanting like those dastardly soccer fans/hooligans now, can we??

I once worked with a guy who was a rabid hurling fan. During Italia 90, everyone was leaving the office to see Ireland play a crucial match. I asked him why he wasn’t going to the pub with the rest of us to see the match and his reply was “If they were playing out in the car park I wouldn’t look out the window at them”

There are GAA people who are just reared that way. And some were on Liveline today.

• Same owl software, different location, cawlur.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

These aul fellas need stop moaning. I'm an aul fella and most of them have their mortages or rents long paid off and living on the pigs back. It's the young folk I feel for now. They are always going on about we worked all our lives and paid out taxes. Sorry, but Ireland in the 70s, 80s, 90s was always filled with the dole offices of lazy feckers who never worked a day in their lives. Suddenly when they age they are heros.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Tow

I am sure de German Engineers from Siemens and the likes are well used to seeing run down Ireland. Sure have then not been here since the birth of de Free State, building Ardnacrusha power station and de Great Electrification, so to speak.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• Actually purchasing plant for power stations was the main part of his work. Got plenty of tours of power stations as a chiseler and lunch on de ESB. Loved getting the huge finely detailed maps of sewage works and colouring them in and making my own editions. I used to enjoy meeting de Germans and Dutch, I remember asking lovely Herr Witke about his Wankel engine. Getting German toys was really cool too, de Continent was an exotic place back then. I was tasked with keeping company of De Jongs little adopted boy from Indonesia, myself with no Dutch, he with no English. Couldn’t even properly pronounce his name Gertjan.

• On Skoy News, it is proposed anyone who wants may be able to become a doctor, nurse or paramedic by doing an apprenticeship, learning as they go. Good idea imo, you actually see cases from the outset and quickly get to know if the job might be for you, whilst making yourself useful in helping out with patient care. Joe would be proud they adopted his idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The auld Adrenaline injection, administered by a TY student.... What could possibly go wrong?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

1.45pm yesterday Liveline goes on, Cullum mentions GAA (again). 1.45pm and 30 seconds radio goes off......

Anyway, I was away last week, any particular show worth listening back to that'll fill the void if they decide to start shoiting on about the bloody GAA again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

last thursday John from Cark insulted Joe talking about the coronation that followed at the weekend. I believe the rest of the week was tales of corrosive control and 'partner' abuse. It's hard to remember anything worth listening to

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I assume RTÉ will be creaming themselves in covering the Trump story? Pity Joe is away, it would be a good laugh listening to his uneducated and impartial commentary on it.

Tubs in particular will I suspect be high on life with the news about the bad egg, not yet realizing it will name zero difference to 99.9% of Trump supporters.

For the record, I’m no fan of Trump, but the lack of impartiality given to the former US President by our National Broadcaster is disgraceful,

• Dear cawlur, Ryan is, just like Joe, away atm.

• Now beware Tuesday onwards, Boardsies, there will be a denial of service as Boards once again migrates, this time eastwards from Canada, tonight. It will be offline for a week, unusable for at least a month, and all your data will spill from the bow as the ship hits an Iceberg just south of Greenland. Be very warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'll listen to Pat Kenny for my fill of Trump hatred today. Fox even started showing the clip of him mixing up his accuser (who was not 'his type') with his ex wife. They had no answer for it. She is one of 26 accusers. Trump is going to have to start increasing his fundraising bigly

• Advertisement

• Saw that. Love to see a tosser like Trump taken down off his wobbly pedestal. The man has feet of clay.

Advertisement