Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Anyone having problems with the Netflix app on their devices?

There are a few profiles on my account and for the last number of weeks anything my niece watches on the KIDS profile (the default profile for KIDS) shows up in my profile. No other profile is affected.

Netflix have told me it is a known issue they are trying to solve but it has been at least three weeks.

Also even though autoplay was off for all devices (I always have it that way) the tvOS app suddenly started auto playing next episodes.

That stopped after an update but “ watch credits/play next “ shows on the screen like it used to be before turning off autoplay was allowed.

And now even though I have autoplay previews off the tvOS app start previews on the home page - but not for everything. Seems to be picking what it previews at random.

I did an update earlier but I don’t know if that caused this or if I just had seen the problem before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jewish Matchmaking season 1 (2023) When Jewish singles are ready to get serious, they call on Aleeza Ben Shalom to find their perfect romantic match from across the US and Israel.

Added

"Sweet Tooth" Renewed for Third and Final Season

Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story Season 1 (2023) From Shonda Rhimes, the Bridgerton prequel centres around the fictional love story of its titular royal (played as a young woman by Sex Education’s India Amarteifio) and her enigmatic king, George (Corey Mylchreest). Also in the cast are Brimsley (Sam Clemmett), dutifully trailing his queen, Princess Augusta (Michelle Fairley), young Lady Danbury (Arsema Thomas), and Bridgerton-era Lady Agatha Danbury (Adjoa Andoh), Queen Charlotte (Golda Rosheuvel) and Bridgerton matriarch Violet (Ruth Gemmell).

Escape Room: Tournament Of Champions (2021) It's game on, again. Two survived the nightmarish maze of escape rooms, but this time, the puzzle maker has grander, more diabolical plans in store..

Freaky (2020) An unpopular high school senior magically switches bodies with a middle-aged serial killer and learns she only has 24 hours to reverse the curse..Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton are hugely entertaining in this inspired body-swap horror-comedy.

Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) When Spencer goes missing, Martha, Bethany and Fridge realize they must go back into Jumanji to find him -- but something goes wrong.

Sanctuary season 1 (2023) (Japanese) A tough, desperate kid becomes a sumo wrestler, captivating fans with his cocky attitude -- and upsetting an industry steeped in tradition.

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

Resident Evil (2002)

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016)

Gully (2019) After surviving traumatic childhoods, three disillusioned teens reach a breaking point and go on a nihilistic rampage through modern-day Los Angeles..

The Football Factory (2004) In this look at England's blue-collar male culture, Tommy Johnson fills his days with an unchallenging job and his nights with drugs, sex and soccer.

The UK gold made seasons of Taskmaster were supposed to be added today but it appears its changed to monday

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Freaky is really enjoyable, will be giving that another spin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh man, I'd be tempted to rewatch Resident Evil, just to see if it's as achingly 2000s as my memory says. And if indeed Michelle Rodriguez is immortal, cos having watched that D&D movie, she doesn't seem to have aged a day.

Taskmaster season 1-4 (2017) Hosts Greg Davies and Alex Horne pit five comedians against each other in ludicrous competitions that result in hilarity and humiliation

Shooters (2000) In this docudrama, non-professionals with criminal backgrounds re-enact ad-libbed scenes of life in Liverpool's underworld.

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Taskmaster is great for anyone who has somehow managed to avoid it all this time.

Hannah Gadsby: Something Special (2023) A panicky proposal. A novelty wedding cake. A fateful bunny encounter. Hannah Gadsby shares tales of love and marriage in this feel-good comedy special.

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck (2023) Self-help books can fall victim to “delusional positivity”, says Mark Manson, but his 2016 bestseller – off which this pithy documentary riffs – is cut from very different cloth. Manson introduces us to its main tenets (learned via his personal history of failure) under headings such as You Are Not Special and Happiness Is a Problem. Featuring case studies as unusual as Dave Mustaine of Megadeth and a second world war Japanese soldier who never surrendered, he offers up his wisdom with a light touch

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭jj880

Personally I dont think we'll ever see Conor back in the UFC octagon for a title fight. I'll watch this though for sure.

I wouldn't spit on that plank if he was on fire. It's bad enough Netflix waste money on some awful guff, but when they're lining the pockets of a vacuous twat at the same time, it's beyond a joke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's a McGregor documentary coming out on Netflix?!?

Well now I'm twice as glad I cancelled my subscription to that service. Really is a trashpile.

Though the regularity with which Netflix has been emailing me, pleading with me to come back, has only made me more glad to have left.

I cancelled way back in December and only just restarted it to watch the new season of a show I liked, but I really didn't miss it, and have already cancelled it again.

Ad Astra (2019) An astronaut's journey to Mars becomes an arduous mission to reach his missing father and a quest for answers in space -- and within himself.

Dance Brothers season 1 (2023) (Finnish) Two brothers trying to make it as dancers open their own club, but their artistic drive soon clashes with the business, threatening their relationship..

Missing: Dead or Alive? (2023) Limited series Follow officers from a South Carolina sheriff's department as they urgently search for individuals who've disappeared under troubling circumstances

The Mist season 1 (2017) Trapped by a mysterious fog, residents of a Maine village discover that it hides nightmarish creatures. A new series based on Stephen King's novel

Queen Cleopatra (2023) 4 Episodes As Egypt's last pharaoh, Cleopatra fights to protect her throne, family and legacy in this docudrama featuring reenactments and expert interviews

High Crimes (2002) A lawyer teams up with a former military attorney to defend her husband when he's charged with participating in a horrific war crime in El Salvador.

Added

Agreed hes a massive bellend these days makin a show of us all. I'll still watch though. Im aware that makes me part of the problem of Netflix filling the pockets of plenty of vacuous twats 😅. Nothing new there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Mist TV show had bags of potential but it was very poor...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

• Advertisement

I mean he had to narrate it himself. Would be madness not to. I hope its packed with all his 1 liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Avoid Manifest for your own good. Absolute garbage 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Bill Burr has a great bit about Arnie.

Really laids out how much of a legend the man truly is.

¡Que viva México! (2023) (Spanish) After his miner grandfather's death, Pancho travels with his wife and kids to his hometown, where chaos ensues with his relatives over the inheritance.

Royalteen: Princess Margrethe (2023) (Norwegian) In the wake of her prom scandal, Princess Margrethe longs for normalcy as she struggles to maintain her perfect facade while dealing with family drama.

Ultraman season 3 (2022) (Japanese) Decades ago, a hero from the stars left this world in peace. Now, the son of Ultraman must rise to protect the Earth from a new alien threat..

Added

On season 3 of this. Not often me and the missus find something we both get hooked on but we think this is good. All 4 seasons available.

Queer Eye season 7 (2021) Grab some tissues! An all-new "Fab Five" serve up hip tips, emotionally charged makeovers and heartfelt reveals that bring out all the feels....

The Mother (2023) Directed by Niki Caro from a script by Lovecraft Country’s Misha Green – plus Andrea Berloff and Peter Craig – and produced by Jennifer Lopez, the film follows a deadly assassin who comes out of hiding in the Alaskan wilderness to protect the daughter that she gave up years before, while on the run from dangerous men.

Black Knight season 1 (2023) (Korean) In a dystopian future devastated by air pollution, the survival of humanity depends on the Black Knights -- and they're far from your average deliverymen..

Mulligan season 1 (2023) In this satirical comedy, when most of Earth is destroyed by aliens, can a few survivors rebuild what's left of America and form a more perfect union?..

Added

God forbid anyone make a documentary about the greatest fighter the country has ever produced, a man who went from the dole to being the highest paid sportsman on the planet. But I suppose he does punch down a lot ;-)

I made no remark about his success in his profession, but by all accounts the man has shown himself to be a total àsshole. Which kinda makes it hard to cheer this self made story.

He's a decent fellow when the public persona is turned off. Extremely generous and charitable. There is a very long list of people and organisations he has helped. The insulting and the braggadocios behaviour was a huge part of his success in the actual fights. He knocked out the pound for pound best fighter on the planet in 13 seconds because he had manipulated him into the kind of hatred @TICKLE_ME_ELMO has for him, and the guy for the first time in his career got emotional, overstretched and got knocked out. The public personality is also hugely successful in the US market - who are the people who buy all the PPV's and all the whiskey he makes. These days you travel in America as an Irishman and Mcgregors name will get mentioned with reverence. The Americans love it. It was a truly brilliant strategy his whole schtick.

I think it's important to look past the surface which may not be to a lot of peoples taste with McGregor. Of course he has done and said some very questionable things, been very nasty to one ex training partner. Power and money does corrupt the mind no doubt. But the story, the climb to the top and the very clever methods to do it is intriguing no matter what your social views are. Likely it will be the most watched documentary ever made on Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Punching auld lads in the pub, racism and homophobia - a great bit of shtick altogether! Sure as he said himself as he was getting the head beat off him, "It's only business".

Advertisement