Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Does anyone know the right answers to the questionnaire about what to do in the work situations. Not sure I put the right answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭I am me123

Anyone any information on when we get the results for Stage 1?

I've checked the information booklet, and it just mentions opening & closing dates for the assessment questionnaires and approx. when interviews are.

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CW2022

Are most people applying from the private sector? Do people say CO long or what are promotion times like? Would it be bette to wait for an EO comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

What's part A like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

It's questions about experience you have with things like customer service, word, excel etc. Drop down menu for every question and you select the answer. Takes only a minute or two for the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Spilly123

@The_Kitty Any idea how they go about scoring part 1A?

Would people mind posting up here when the results come out? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SandraDoyle6879

Part B didn't seem like there were many scenarios?!

Post edited by SandraDoyle6879 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SandraDoyle6879

How many scenarios are there ??

Post edited by SandraDoyle6879 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 patty5

The questions are the exact same that were used for the TCO Comp.

@patty5 The exact same? So would people who did the TCO comp not know the answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Murpage

They might have answered the questions but that doesn't mean they got them right. They never give you the answers. But yes, if they did well in the tco competition and if they give the same answers now, they should be okay.

Ah ok. Does anybody know what exactly they were looking for in those questions? Do they want you to be a grass and always run to your boss or shut up and do extra work to keep problems to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

It's maybe not a waste because like answering questions in a timespan is a skill ig but I believe the tool might be outdated?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mairead16

Is there a stage after interview - another test? - or is it straight onto a panel then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

OK, not so bad - though who knows really!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Two years until you're eligible to apply for internal EO. Oooooooor you can still do CO, get in and be promoted to EO when the next competition comes around even if your two years aren't up yet. If you end up having to wait the two years, at least you then get multiple chances from internal and external competitions.

Also apologies about the webcam comment lol. The CO assessment seems to be ridiculously simple in comparison to the EO comp. I was basing it off the EO comp.

There won't be another open EO competition for at least 9 months, if not longer I'd guess, because the current panel has a year left in it. :( wish it opened because I'd love to apply myself, enjoying my job now but I'd love more responsibility too.

@CW2022 should just take a CO position if they want into the CS unless it's economically unfeasible of course...

Completed mine earlier, I was agonising over whether some were adequate/weak or weak/bad etc, hopefully will pass at least. Any idea when we’ll get our OOM?

• Advertisement

Not that I'm aware of. 2 stages, assessment, and interview.

Thanks @pygmaliondreams for reply good advice

I'm wondering the same too. Questionnaire closing date was today at 3pm. Hopefully in 2 weeks or so, I'm guessing. 2022 CO campaign questionnaire closing date fell around before Christmas 2021, with results after in January 2022, so by the same kind of timeframe I'd say 2 weeks or so?

No problem, been working a month now and it's definitely better than any private job i've had.

Nobody breathes down your neck once you do what you are there to do and you don't go to bed fearing the next morning after loll maybe ive just had bad jobs before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Internal promotions are dept dependent e.g. Clerical officer in revennue have great opportunities but in the Gardai very little oportunity. Actually the Gardai are moving away from recruiting from the civil service campaigns and next year will recruit clerical staff directly into the Gardai as public servants. This is a disaster for people that want to progress or move as mobility has been taken from clerical officers at present. Good luck by the way.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DM26

A quick question on this please if you don't mind....

Are existing AGS staff in the Civil Service doomed when this comes in? Or do you know if they can be given an option to get out/ join a different Dept before being taken over as public servants by AGS?

good to know @Mikefitzs that sounds like a disaster for all

Very unlikely anyone outside of those moved with their mobility will be given a way out, otherwise there would be a huge exodus from AGS at a time that they need the staff.

@pygmaliondreams if successful in this campaign can you refuse/decline role in AGS or how does it work? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Tix19

i actually work beside Irish Revenue and Department of Agriculture in Dublin Port and was wondering if you apply to be a Civil Servant do you have to go for an aptitude test and is it taking online ?

Advertisement