Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair cost

Options
  • 10-05-2023 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I had an accident and trying to understand cost of repair or scrap the car.

can anyone give me advice.

I drove car back home after accident. No vibration in steering wheel

brake no problem.

did not track to one side when driven it

I would be grateful for any advise

I don’t care if it’s scrap yard parts

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's not a case for scrapping. You would really need to post a pic inside the engine bay to see what's damaged there too. Does it have xenon headlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

First thing to look at would be the frame rails, are they kinked/damaged.

If it's just cosmetic bumper, wing, headlight, fog light, possibly parking sensor and impact bar. Possibly your own time and bargaining skills could see it make sense.

If you're concerned to colour match and leave into a body shop it's probably a financial write off. Some of those headlights can be mental money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭User1998

Second hand wing and front bumper, maybe €300 or so.

Respray front end €500 maybe.

Headlight €50 or so from scrapyard.

Probably close to €1000 if theres no chassis damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Absolutely no way that's only a thousand euro's damage. Multiples rather. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be uneconomical to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I've never seen damage like that repaired for anything like that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭User1998

Well thats how much parts are from a scrapyard, and thats how much it costs to respray them. So put two and two together and thats what you get.

Better yet if you can find parts in the right colour you’ll save yourself a few quid.

But like I said, that’s assuming no chassis damage underneath, which there probably is.

Advertisement