Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

not even worth linking to a MediaITE story atm just go there lol they had a little headline/clickbait orgasm over that town hall becoming predictably what it was always going to be.

still funny to hear him decry Carrols cats name was “vagina” after shouting “I DONT EVEN KNOW HER”

He also tried to deny asking for 11,780 votes (all on audio, all verified, widely disseminated fact) which you know, on brand for someone looking to capitalize on Brandolini’s Law and knows he’s totally fucked

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Audience was definitely weighted in his favour too, likely a requirement for him agreeing to do the town hall at all.

It's like we all thought; they kowtowed to him to get him to do the Town Hall, thinking they could throw hard questions at him to balance it out. But he doesn't answer hard questions. He throws out his lines, then when challenged on them further just cries about Democrats, The Left, Biden, Corrupt FBI, Corrupt Judges, I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT etc

Utter sh*tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

poster: she wasn’t his type she’s quite mannish

trump: I was attracted to her

The audience was made up mostly of registered members of the New Hampshire GOP and similar groups

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

Good summary there. Couple not mentioned; pardoning the Jan 6 rioters; default on the us national debt…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He has zero respect for anyone.

She probably out of most in cable news is more experienced with Trump and his ways than anyone else.

Impossible to moderate an hour of constant lies and name calling especially when you give him a backing laughter and applause track.

That said it's telling people are focusing on Collins and not the barrage of lies, disgust and dysfunction that spewed out of Rapey McOrange Face.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,526 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tbf Trump probably was refering to his wife/Ivanka.

He seems to struggle with his memory/recognition abilities.

The sexual assault by Trump happened many years ago, and while she no doubt has suffered long-term from it, that doesn't mean she's going to be a quivering mess any time she's in public. And while Trump was not found liable for her primary accusation of rape, he was found liable for sexual assault, as well as defamation. He has been held in some way accountable for what he did to her, so why wouldn't she still be happy with that?

It doesn't matter how you think you'd react or how you think she should react. Her attacker, Donald Trump, was found to be legally liable for what he did to her. There is no right or wrong way for someone to act, only their way.

She's allowed to be happy that Trump was found liable for sexually assaulting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,405 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I find your post alarming that Trump was found liable in a court of law and you are trying to find any dirt to BLAME THE VICTIM.

Absolutely zero negative comments about Trump's behaviour.

Yet you persist in the pretence that you're not a Trump defender. This is the blatant partisanship of a Trump defender who will sling any mud, repeat any garbage to defend him.

Beaming with uncontrollable happiness?

This is one of her remarks in court:

Carroll broke down in tears toward the end of the day, amid continued discussion of the personal cost of going public with her accusations. “To be able to get my day in court, finally, is everything to me,” she said, her shaky voice rising. “I’m crying because I’m happy I got to tell my story in court.”

If you see why the accusation was thrown out, it was on a legal technicality. But I suppose that would involve you having to engage with the evidence about Carroll being unable to determine if the assault was by Trump's finger or penis.

She has been vindicated in a court of law. Imagine being a victim of assault and NOT being believed, and NOT being vindicated in a court of law.

Morally bankrupt post.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

If I were a victim of rape

And someone as powerful as Trump degraded you constantly in public, you'd probably be happy too if a court ruled in your favour, wouldn't you?

But surely your alarm should be saved for the person found liable for sexual abuse who continues to degrade one of his victims?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Why was she addressing him as President Trump ?

Imagine being alarmed at a victim of sexual abuse because she has the insolence to be happy after being vindicated by a jury as the sexual abuser still continues to degrade and abuse her publicly.

What sort of weird little person thinks that way.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Because of that nonsense US habit of everyone keeping their "honorific" after they've left office , retired etc.

All former Presidents and VPs continue to be called "Mr President" , Mr Vice-President etc. just as they call retired military by their rank or call ex football managers "Coach" and so on.

Really stupid.

Former Presidents are still referred to as President even if they're not the sitting President. So if Obama, Bush etc were in the same type of setting, they'd also be referred to as President Obama etc.

In fairness given that it was a media interview, it would have been disrespectful if she hadn't addressed him as President Trump.

The problem with these cases is that nobody was there. It's effectively one person's word against another. That's just the nature of it. I don't think anybody will ever establish the absolute truth of the case, as is the very nature of these cases. Throw in the fact that 1 in 8 jury's make the wrong decision, and you have a massive problem with respect to establishing the truth.

It seems in cases like this, it's more about discrediting the character of the persons involved as a means to dismiss or establish the claim.

Look, that said, I'm not saying Trump is innocent or guilty of that which he was accused. I'm simply saying that many of these cases are almost impossible to prove. And I still find her reaction questionable.

At the same time, we have to accept the verdict of the court, and that we all should.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,494 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Trump needs absolutely no additional help to "discredit his character". He does that all fine on his own by openly admitting to sexual "grab them by the pussy" assault, plus the every growing numbers of women out there coming forward about his sexual assaults and abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I completely get that Trump was wrong to make such a lewd comment behind the scenes. I've heard far worse from straight friends of mine. It doesn't make what they say right, but unfortunately men have a habit of saying the wrong thing about women in each other's company when nobody is looking.

But that should never be used as evidence against a person in a rape trial. The only evidence that matters is evidence that directly related to the charge itself. If Trump's words in some private conversation are weaponised like that, literally anybody could come forward and claim rape or sexual assault because Trump made a lewd comment when nobody was looking.

If anything, this proves my point. It's about discrediting character more than establishing anything close to solid, irrefutable evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

FFS they still address New Gingrich as "Speaker Gingrich". Newtie was censured by Congress for an ethics violation while Speaker. Didn't lose the gig because of it though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,494 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You weren't in the court room so you have no idea of the evidence or witness statements provided.

Do you honestly think it was simply one accusation made without any evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump did all the discrediting of his character all on his own.

His "Famous people can grab women by the pussy and get way with it...Unfortunately or Fortunately" line was probably the killer blow to be honest, moreso than the credible evidence given by the three women who testified.

He is scum, plain and simple and has repeatedly shown that he has zero respect for women and views them exclusively through the lens of whether or not he'd like the have sex with them , hence the "not my type" defence.

He truly believes that if he finds a woman attractive that means he is allowed to do what he wants to them because he is famous and they will "let him".

Defending him is a bit like trying to defend Jimmy Saville by saying "He raised lots of money for charity" , don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Its insane to think that even with all of these accusations and proven acts, Trump still has the possibility of winning the next election, simply because Biden has grown so old and unpredictable and nearly unintelligible at this point, coupled with a certain % of republicans with absolutely no moral compass whatsoever.

I personally would prefer if neither candidate won the next election but considering their age, the focus might be turned towards who is their running mate and who might we ultimately have as President if one of these guys snuffs it in office or becomes incapable of continuing as president .

There is NO problem with this case. Zero. Zip. Nada. It was tried, a verdict reached.

Now, counselor, if you've got a legal opinion to back that up, please provide it. Because I think you're just trolling.

If there's an appeal, problems in the case may come out

Firstly, a big part of her evidence was the fact she told several people about it after it happened, and her story, corroborated by what she told them, has been consistent throughout.

As for Trump's own comments and his general "locker room talk", go watch his deposition. The things he said aren't just things he has said joking around with mates in private, he fully stood by his comments, and made similar comments, during his own deposition. Trump's own words in his deposition discredited his own character.

The courts determined there was enough evidence to allow the case to be heard in court. The evidence the jury were shown (also important to note that first hand testimony of the account is evidence, and Trump refused to testify in his own defence and give his own evidence despite being given ample opportunity to do so), was enough that the jury were able to determine that, based on the evidence, Trump was liable for the sexual assault of E.Jean Carroll.

Putting words in bold to give them more emphasis doesn't change their meaning. The evidence was presented in the court, and the evidence was enough for Trump to be found liable for sexual assault.

The evidence of someone admitting to several sexual assaults, effectively being a prolific sexual predator, should not be admitted in a trial of one of their victims of sexual assault?

Jesus Matlock we have all being thinking it for a while, but maybe it's time to retire, eh? 😕

The Mark Twain quote about opening your mouth and removing all doubt comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lol.

"I'm no fan of trump but..."

You're not the first one to try that BS line..

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

There's no such thing as first hand testimony. Testimonial evidence has to be given by a witness. There was no witness and no evidence presented. The sad excuse for witnesses were her own friends who she told years later. That's not how the justice system works

When it was pointed out that Trump wanted a dna test on the dress , there should only have been one response - yeah of course dna test that dress. Instead excuse after excuse flooded in as to why the judge didn't order a dna test on the dress, Tells you all you need to know , which is people believe what they want to believe.

• Advertisement

simply because Biden has grown so old and unpredictable and nearly unintelligible at this point

No he hasn't. You think that because you have watched slips of the tongue from a long speech magnified and shared around the Magaverse. The idea that he is unpredictable and nearly unintelligible is nonsense.

He is far more coherent than Trump who has completely untethered himself from reality.

Anyway I imagine Meatball Ron will do most of the heavy lifting for Biden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement