Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I know you know this, but, there was no point doing a dna test on the dress without a dna test from Trump. He refused to give this until it was too late for it to be admitted in evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The sad excuse for witnesses were her own friends who she told years later

That's not true, so are you just lying or ignorant?

A friend of E. Jean Carroll testified Tuesday that the former magazine columnist called her within minutes after being allegedly raped by Donald Trump in a New York department store in 1996, as the rape and defamation trial against the former president continues.

Lisa Birnbach recounted how Carroll called her minutes after leaving the department store and told her about the incident in detail. Carroll, she said, sounded “breathless, hyperventilating, emotional. Her voice was all kinds of things” when she called.

“He pulled down my tights, he pulled down my tights,” Carroll repeated on the phone, according to Birnbach. “Like she couldn’t believe it. She was still processing what happened to her. It had just happened to her.”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,398 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's not an excuse. It is legal process. Legal process Trump's lawyers were aware of.

"That's not how the justice system works".

Yeah, and also how the justice system doesn't work - ignoring rules and procedures of evidence and discovery.

People believe what they want to believe indeed -> For someone to talk about how the justice system works and then repeat this absolute nonsense being a caee in point.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The DNA on the dress WAS tested , immediately and the DNA of an "Unknown Male" was identified.

What was not provided by Trump was a sample of his DNA to compare.

He refused to provide it over and over and over again and then just as the trial was due to start, long after all the deadlines for evidence submission were closed , Trump suggested that he'd like to give his DNA sample purely as an attempt to delay the trial AGAIN.

It doesn't not take a genius to know what would have happened had the Judge agreed to delay the case yet again .

Trump would have found a multitude of reasons why he couldn't arrange for the DNA test to be done and would delay and delay and delay - All in the hopes of pushing out the case until after an election he hopes he'll win (he won't) when he could then sack the current DA and have the case dismissed.

"Tells you all you need to know"

Indeed , It tells me people don't bother to check any actual facts before jumping to the defence of a scum-bag who sexually assaults women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

That's standard protocol. once you have been president they use the title for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I really am shocked that there are people here that are still defending him after being found liable in a court.

I guess he was right, he could shoot someone in Times Square and get away with it.

What a mad world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pure nonsense. A person's testimony about events they directly witnessed or which occured to them is evidence. E.Jean Carroll's testimony about what happened to her is evidence. Her friends testimony about what E.Jean Carroll told them happened (ie. not what happened, but what E.Jean Carroll told them happened), is evidence. It is up to the opposing lawyers to question and challenge that testimony through cross-examination, providing rebuttal evidence etc. That is exactly how the justice system works.

As for the DNA, that has already been addressed numerous times before. Trump's side refused the DNA for a long time, and then it was only after the time for it expired that they tried to open it back up, and it was refused because it was clear it was nothing more than a delay tactic, one of several Trump's team had already done.

I'd actually like to debate the case with someone who actually understood what happened and is honest about discussing it.

Regrettably, I haven't seen one post like that so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Amazing how quickly the definition of "evidence" changes when it comes to claims about Democrats stuffing ballot boxes with millions of extra votes from dead people, and Chinese satellites changing all the voting machines, all funded by George Soros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Christy42

Stop repeating lies that have already been debunked. Trump intentionally waited until it was too late to offer dna evidence. He did not want to give dna evidence and he tried to pull the same trick for giving testimony only saying he wanted to at the 11th hour and then still refusing when given an extra opportunity.

We have been through it. Either add something new or stop repeating the same tired arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

youre assuming I’m advocating trump because I disagree that Biden is a fit leader- in fact I’ve said the opposite- I don’t believe either are capable leaders- but have your rant and disregard what others are saying why don’t you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And there's both sides.

If you were genuinely concerned about the alleged loss of faculties, you wouldn't have tried your whataboutery here.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

"Where did I say “I’m no fan of trump but..”????"

here.

"I personally would prefer if neither candidate won the next election but"

Okay Dokey.

Could you please link to several examples of unedited full Speeches of Biden since he took office where he is "nearly unintelligible".

That’s not saying I’m a fan of trump- it’s simply saying the reality is, Trump is still in the contest-

I didn’t try any whataboutery- this is a thread for expressing opinions on Trump and the wider context of his likely re-election - the perception of Biden by many non- republican supporters is that he is not up to the job - FACT. Just look at his approval rating- and a lot of that approval rating stems from his very disorientated speeches and behaviour- so yes, this is advantageous to Trump - any fool can see that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Eh, do you want me to make you a cup of tea as well while I do your bidding?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Time for the US Republicans to decommission Trump, allowing him to continue with his outrageous web of spin & lies is doing them irreparable damage as well as the reputation of the USA and the general safety of the world. A very dangerous fool - a bull loose in the china shop, for far too long.

• Advertisement

It's your claim. 🤷‍♂️

In your own good time.

They can't. The MAGA loons will either revolt or withhold their votes. Like it or not, they're stuck with him. They have no shortage of Trump-lite culture warriors to replace him with but the second they do, they're done. If he runs as an independent, which he may well be too spiteful to refrain from doing, it's a guaranteed Democrat win in 2024.

H. H. Asquith

I can see you want to hear what you’re only comfortable hearing- I’ve given you a piece of evidence but you’ve ignored it- so be it

Trump isn't a die hard Republican though in reality, he only has allegiance to himself.

Whatever chance they have with him is gone if he runs as an independent.

But that is of their making.

It takes a hell of a lot of money and a fair bit of luck to produce an alternative presidential candidate - it’s easy to say what you’ve said but very difficult to implement- Republicans may well be stuck with Trump for the next election

Putting the word "fact" in capitals is not evidence. Since this is off topic and debunked, let's just leave it there.

H. H. Asquith

You raised the issue not me- it’s funny how you want to close it down now - why don’t you show me the “evidence” of where Bidens approval rating is “debunked” ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

And they allowed him to create that personal following. So they have both a moral and self serving reason to take him down and do it swiftly. They have the tools and the capacity to knobble any run as independent. May result in loss of some support for a while but needs surgical removal.

Moral? GOP? 😂

It wouldn't be self serving to take him down, it would be the opposite.

They would probably tolerate him again if they knew they could further erode human rights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The GOP have no moral compass , their only interest is in obtaining power which they can use to obtain money.

They couldn't care less how they get that power or how they keep that power.

As long as people are willing to vote for Trump the GOP will continue to support him - it does not matter what he does , it only matter that he gets votes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement