Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Care to define a cult?

To me those who post on a forum multiple.times a day about one man would be pretty cultist behaviour and at the very least an unhealthy obsession and that is not aimed at just you I mean you have even mods & cmods all obsessing about The Orange Man .

I really don't care if you think I support Trump because to me if he runs and wins great as it's not Biden, if he gets disqualified due to the court cases even better as It means we will probably get Big Ron in and he will actually be a better President then Trump or Biden.

Question is who would you prefer to run and win Donald or Ron and if Ron wins will you focus your hatred towards Ron if he does become President?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

2 women in a photo. Trump is accused of raping one, the other is his then wife. He apparently doesn’t know the woman who he’s accused of raping yet he points her out to be his wife, in a photo of 2 women including his wife. You can’t get more disoriented behaviour than that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Cult is a term, considered pejorative by some, for a relatively small group which is typically led by a charismatic and self-appointed leader, who excessively controls its members, requiring unwavering devotion to a set of beliefs and practices which are considered deviant (outside the norms of society).[1]

And THIS is the last time I will have this interaction

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Fools and their money as they say, certainly the case, among others for the supporters of a sexual predator

There is a line from G. O. T that explains exactly why, but I have a cousin who is a medical professional who has additional opinions

• Advertisement

Are you really expecting any from the supporters of a sexual predator?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Care to define a cult?

To me those who post on a forum multiple.times a day about one man would be pretty cultist behaviour and at the very least an unhealthy obsession and that is not aimed at just you I mean you have even mods & cmods all obsessing about The Orange Man .

I was going to reply, saying that surely you know what a cult is, but then i read your second paragraph and realised that you didn't have a clue.

I really don't care if you think I support Trump because to me if he runs and wins great as it's not Biden

You think Trump did a better job than Biden? On what basis?

if he gets disqualified due to the court cases even better as It means we will probably get Big Ron in and he will actually be a better President then Trump or Biden.

Why do you think DeSantis would be better than Biden or Trump?

Question is who would you prefer to run and win Donald or Ron and if Ron wins will you focus your hatred towards Ron if he does become President?

I would prefer Donald to run, as I think he will lose again. I also think DeSantis will lose, but I think for american democracy, it's best if Trump loses... yet again.

And a ruestion to you, as I answered yours.

When did you stop supporting Trump? Now, you can say like others here, that you don't, but being honest, I think you'll acknowledge you do. So, please - go ahead and answer the question. I'm waiting on @BruteStock and @MisterAnarchy to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There appears to be confusion regarding what "support" means. It seems some don't consider themselves to be Trump supporters if they feel there may be a Republican candidate they'd prefer to be President instead of Trump, yet still go to great lengths to defend Trump in every possible regard, including after he's found liable for sexual assault.

That would still make them a Trump supporter by every reasonable definition.

If anything, it reminds me of Homer when voting for Sideshow Bob as Mayor; "I don't agree with his Bart-killing policy.... but I do agree with his Selma-killing policy...."

People here seem to not support Trump as being the best choice for President, yet do support Trump after being found liable for sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just think it’s striking that you as a self-professed gay man who usually goes on and on and on about ‘LGB’ topics: that as JKR puts it, “(trans) men are erasing the lived experiences of women globally” etc. that you’d never think to inject your experience, as a man, over that of the lived experience of a woman? Yet in two posts you waffled back and forth between ‘we should respect the verdict’ but ‘I think if I (a man) was raped I wouldn’t be smiling what’s that about etc’ - just seems very incongruent and hypocritical IMHO

‘Am I out of touch? No it’s the Rules of Civil Procedure that are wrong’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,405 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They are Trump defenders and in defending him \ attacking his accusers they show support for Trump. Even if they don't support Trump as Republican candidate, we can be sure they would support him in a general election.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Exactly. This is why the "I don't support Trump" and "Both sides" lines don't work.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

you made the claim do you understand burden of proof?

you said without evidence. It can be dismissed without evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

By all accounts Trump will end the war in Ukraine in a day!

how he proposes doing so is not altogether certain, but my guess it might resemble this,

DT "Hey Vlad! How you doing buddy? can I call you Vlad?"

VP "of course Donald, you may."

DT " so thats a Trump Tower is every capital city of Easter Europe, and 2 in some?"

VP "Yes, but I want NATO disembowelled, I mean disbanded"

DT " Hey! Vlad we can disembowel it if you like. (both men chuckle) and you get to take Poland, Romania, and those other places. Oh! can we make Melania President of Slovakia. Hey! Queen what about Queen? She would love that"

VP "Sure Donald whatever. I'll be Stateside next month, and I expect you guys to be there!"

DT "Of course Vlad. I cant wait. I got a new car. we can ride together. will you? will you? Vlad? Vlad? you still there Vlad? Vlad?"

Putin hangs up. Line goes dead.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That comment about "I could fix Ukraine with a single phone call" just shows how utterly un-serious he is about anything.

How insulting is that to everyone involved that he believes that the issues are so utterly trivial that he can just solve them with a wave of his hand ?

Like everything , he has not got the first idea of what he's talking about or how to do anything.

Equally , if he actually could solve it , why wouldn't he do it anyway to bring a war to an end.

Seems like he wants to hold Ukrainians hostage again until he gets what he wants.

Horrible horrible individual.

Son Eric threatens Maddow with lawsuit because she correctly pointed out he will be dining with antisemites this weekend

His defense essentially appears to be but I’m so pro Israel that means I can’t be an antisemite (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Probably timely to remind ourselves that the artificially tanned one was impeached for Blackmailing Ukraine.

Hoping my post is reinstated as I meant mods actually posting on this thread not the moderation of the thread, I want to make that clear!

To answer your question I think when he announced he was running again but he keeps looking backwards about the last election rather then say what he will do to fix the country and the childish digs at Ron, when he could have probably had Ron as his running mate. But who knows maybe he did ask and DeSantis turned him down and thats why he attacks him. Also I think he will be to old.

Finally I just like Ron DeSantis I think he has done a great job in Florida doesn't get dragged into petty arguments and carries through on promises that he makes.

I hope that answers your question

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The truth is that the Trumps aren't really Pro or Anti anything.

They go where the money and the votes are , simple as that.

So whilst members of his family are Jewish , the only thing that matters to Eric and Daddy is that these people are influential with a group that might vote for Donald in an election so they will not say anything to dissuade them from that possible action.

They are self-serving Grifters , nothing more nothing less.

Finally I just like Ron DeSantis I think he has done a great job in Florida doesn't get dragged into petty arguments and carries through on promises that he makes.

Except for the massively petty argument he's having with Disney - An argument that so far he is losing and losing badly.

Disney are making him look like a fool.

• Advertisement

@Snake Plisken

Finally I just like Ron DeSantis I think he has done a great job in Florida doesn't get dragged into petty arguments

except petty arguments like bussing migrants from not florida to not florida and the entire stupid saga of Disneygate you mean?

You didn’t really answer how you think he’d be any better than trump.

Finally I just like Ron DeSantis I think he has done a great job in Florida doesn't get dragged into petty arguments

Apart from arguing with Micky Mouse. 🙄

Meatball Ron is a one trick pony, "call everyone that disagrees with me woke."

That won't work on the Sex Abuser so he will have to come up with a new tactic.

I doubt Biden will even have to campaign after those 2 are finished with each other.

Pro trump jurors confirmed

and it was still a unanimous decision.

“Carroll’s lawyer insisted that the juror should be dismissed, having gotten his news from a “virulently extremist podcast,” while Trump’s lawyers argued that the juror should stay for being candid and honest.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Interesting article here

Two of Erics fellow speakers...

One, Scott McKay, claims that Jews were behind 9/11 and the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy, that they set up a banking system “in exchange for the blood sacrifice of a child,” among other wild assertions, and he’s praised Hitler for “actually fighting the same people that we’re trying to take down today.”

Another unsavory character, Charlie Ward, similarly praises Hitler for “warning us” about Jews, regularly posts antisemitic garbage, and has alleged that the so-called Jewish media lied about the Holocaust.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Losing the argument with Mickey Mouse!

The problem with the MAGA types is that there aren't enough of them to win even a rigged game like the presidency and as time goes on, the quality of candidates is somehow going to get even lower. Sure, Trump is an abysmal human being but he at least can attract crowds. DeSantis has none of that and making the supporters feel good is the whole point, not signing legislation or demonising the state's largest employer.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Lol Tim runs a great show extremist podcast my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Fact check : the impeachment process proved he didn't blackmail Ukraine. Not only that but zelensky himself came out and said it wasn't true. Like I said earlier, people believe whatever they want to believe.

The mob want soundbites not costed policy that could have some effect on their miserable lives.

"We are bringing back coal". 🙄

The problem with Meatball Ron is he lacks anything resembling a personality.

He will have to out Trump, Trump in the childish name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I know right its perfectly normal to have frequent guests that espouse pizzagate, antisemitism, qanon, stop the steal and antivax on a non extremist channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

It's not that the issues are trivial, but rather that many people are of the opinion that certain bad actors both engineered this conflict from the beginning in order to "take out" Russia... and also combined with several factors like the military industrial complex, there is significant motivation to keep it going and resist any attempts at a negotiated settlement.

If Trump is of this opinion, and figures that there is actually excellent scope to make a deal, but certain people are blocking any such deal from happening... then it would be understandable that he is confident of getting such a deal done. After all, he prides himself on being the guy that gets difficult deals done.

My guess is that he knows exactly what is blocking a peace deal from taking place. He'll likely tell the Zelensky regime, that they can take a slightly crappy deal... or they can take a VERY crappy deal. Their choice. Either way the blank cheque book for Ukrainian military aid will be over the moment Trump gets into office. He's definitely not the type of leader that will continue to sign off on such madness, especially considering we are all being made to play Russian roulette with nuclear war, while some tinpot dictator in Kiev tells everyone what he wants.

It's bad news for all the people pretending to care about Ukraine, but who really just want to defeat Russia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement