Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Ariel (and Satelite dish) Cabling

• 11-05-2023 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

What is the best way to connect multiple tv's to 1 saorview ariel and 1 dish?

I know you can get LNB's with multiple connection points, to run individual cables from (i assume this is the best way to do it)?

Is there an equivalent Saorview ariel type that you connect multiple coaxes too, or is a passive / powered splitter in the attic best?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Multiswitch.

Satellite and TV aerial inputs.

Comes with 4, 8, 12, 16 and 32 outputs.

Satellite and Saorview combined at each output.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lebigmacncheese

Are they as good as running a cable diirectly from the dish lnb? I only have 2 TV's...(but was thinking it would be better to take 2 x 2 coax to each for dual tuners).....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Both options equally good.

Running cables directly from dish to TV points is probably the cheaper option with a passive splitter or distribution amp for the aerial.

Advertisement