Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I genuinely don’t care if you want to base your customer services centre in Bangalore, Barbados, Bodrum or Ballydehob.

not two fûcks do I give.

I do give a fück that your staff in said customer services centre,

• don’t speak fluent English when required to engage with people in an English speaking country regarding technical skills and issues.
    • don’t have the relevant base intelligence, interest or diligence that when they do not understand what is being said to them, to stop and ask the client to repeat or clarify what they don’t understand but instead wait until the end, and ask the client to repeat it all.

To get then told if I give them my email address, they send a form or something and I can write to them with the details of my issue.

bemoaning AI is one thing but at least you have low expectations of AI… but when you end up dealing with NI… absolutely NO intelligence…. The last 6 minutes of my day, I’m just….giving….up…the…will… not to want to fückin kill somebody 😵‍💫😅

• Registered Users Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Being unable to buy alcohol or bring some to enjoy on board a train in this country.

Can do it all over Europe and most of the world, but since we can't discipline drunken idiots, here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm TA at how nosey cows are.

I'm there, going along, minding my own business when they all come rushing over gaping at me like I've two heads.

What's all that about? ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Absolutely" when you see me sitting comfortably double screening with headphones on, its the time to go on and on and on about things i don't care about or want to know about. "By all means" keep talking about uninteresting crap when I'm trying to watch a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Advertisement

The fresh pasta I bought, the retailers own brand, it is contained in some new weird ass cheap ass plastic bag ( probably better for the environment don’t ya know ) , which starts breaking up as i open it. 🫤. I start cooking my food, see that when the pasta is fully plated up, a tiny fingernail sized piece of plastic is mixed in with the fusilli, I take it out and discard it, put the pasta in a strainer, pour lots of hot water through it and take out each fusilli piece by piece, plate it, examining it for plastic remnants….

it’s a high effort intensive job plating this dish and not a mouthful was consumed yet . I go light on the sauce as I want to see have I missed any more plastic remnants… the dish isn’t enjoyed quite as it ought to have been as a sliver of my consciousness and concern is still drawn to me possibly ingesting… plastic…

then again, this supermarket boast of an…’eco packaging strategy’…. They got an award for it… their social media is a social wánkfest at times over it…. But that’s all very well but pretty indicative that what they perceive as better for the environment trumps the possibilities of potentially choking their customers…because of fall apart rubbish packaging."2023… what a time to be alive,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It might help pouring the dry pasta you intend to cook into a bowl first - easier to check - or to open the bag using scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I definitely won't ignore it as I don't want it to develop into something worse :(

Still no word back from the GP though, I'll try ring him this afternoon.

Anyway, today's TA is that overweight Turkish belly dancer guy on TikTok, wiggling his belly and dancing badly to a horrible tune that goes "dishdish doshdoss yesyes skibbledeedobble, skibbledeedobble"

Just received Amazon package which is supposed to contain 2 orders.

Only one of the orders is in the package so now both items when I check the tracking are showing as delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When you empty the washing machine and go to hang all the clothes outside on the line......and find that most of the tops and trousers were put into the machine with one arm or leg inside out, and you have to correct each one before being able to hang it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I scattered some leftover porridge oats outside, sort of intending it for the sparrows but a huge flock of rooks and jackdaws descend. The little flakes are hardly much use to big birds like them 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is t fancied a breakfast of fruit , grapes , a peach and an apple. But they’re bloody freezing. I’ll have to leave them out for tomorrow’s breakfast

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it annoys me that it's such an obvious misspelling of trivially in the thread title. it should be more subtle so it doesn't look willfully intentional.

A medical professional told me aeons ago the I didn't have a memory disorder(as associated with my dyslexia) bc most ppl "remember what they want to remember".

I just read their paper they wrote proving(in their mind) that menopause memory loss in real! as its hormonal and not I assume from their previous thinking, made up in some way or under the control of the mind.

Post edited by Bredabe on

I was taking a client to task on some potentially serious behaviour, their friend told me that this behaviour was accepted in their group/family as the person involved lost their kitten when they were six and it was soooooooooooooo sad.

This person has not been six for a few decades now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

But if I change it would it not annoy you less so would be counter productive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

or would it annoy me more because my eyes wouldn't skip as cleanly over it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think it should be renamed "The Nicolas Cage Appreciation Society", like it was a good few years ago. Can't remember if it was Beasty who had done that, at the time, or someone else.

or 'the thread for people who don't know what trivial means'.

like the thread called something like 'people you inexplicably can't stand' where people explain why they can't stand someone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When watching countdown and on the numbers round the contestants put their pens down after 5 seconds while I'm counting on fingers

AI….. I filled in via a social media app, a query via a contact form on how to do something … I get to wait about 24 hours, to get a BS artificial unintelligent response… asking me to do the same thing as I’ve just done via links and forms…. Which presumably I’ll do, again and again going around in circles… sending forms……AI… the biggest contradiction in terms….. so far from intelligent anything…

started off with businesses not taking phone calls, continued with them not taking emails, now proceeds with them having the idea that helping people is no longer important and that somehow people typically typing into a box is going to via the biggest contradictory thing invented… (AU) artificial unintelligence is going to fix issues…. ? It’s not and isn’t and won’t.

AI if it stood for automated interaction.. fine…nothing to do with intelligence….

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am actually annoyed at myself for caring that every blessed time I look online i see Arthur and Brian Dowling flaunt their baby . I mean it genuinely baffles me why anyone would post every single day about every single thing they do and every single day a new photo of the child .But my annoyance is really at myself for letting it annoy me

Latest Irish Rail safety ad.

A few teens arsing about on the platform, doing quite dangerous thing.

A member of staff just tells them off and they go on their merry way to arse around somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I seem to have lost a football sock. It always amazes me that things can go missing in the wash at all, but a knee-length football sock?!!

People who say "pleased to e-meet you" on an e-mail.

FOAD

that anytime I go scrolling through YouTube….. I for some reason keep getting videos of that fûckin untalented weirdo ‘Post Malone’. A singer, allegedly… I’ve never listened to him, never looked for him, so why ? . A grown man who dresses himself rather inexplicably like a three year old boy on his way to a crèche …. Every other video is of him meeting with fans on the street where his ‘really interested’ schtick… is basically a fan saying something vaguely complementary to which Malone reacts…. 🤪😍🤪😍🤪😍🤪😍🤪 “OHHHH WOW “ in the most psycho insincere OTT way …. The fan could have told the fella that he broke his vacuum cleaner… and….

• Advertisement

People who say "happy * insert day of week * "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement