Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Partner cooked for me this evening. Lousiana rub wings, chilli con carne and a baked potato and some whiskey/ginger beer/angostura bitters mixed to wash it down. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What's the thing with ginger beer and bitters? I've seen angostura bitters in bars that don't serve cocktails, for this purpose.

Never heard of this a week ago and this is the third time if come across it since. How did it become such a big thing so quickly, I wonder?

That's weird. I've honestly never heard of it outside my house (having it with ginger beer and whiskey) as I don't go to bars very often. We were going to do whiskey sours (which is what the bitters were for) but I happened to have a bottle of ginger beer in the house two nights ago and tried it with whiskey and lemon juice first, which was very drinkable and then tried it with the bitters yesterday. Afraid I can't help you there!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

BBQ Striploin/ chicken and grilled veg. Homemade Coleslaw. Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Falafel, houmous, tsatsiki, homemade flatbreads and salad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

It's ajvar. Not homemade, just from a jar.

It's nice, a strong flavour of red peppers, and not very spicy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

^^ I like ajvar too. Never tried making it from fresh though.

A very random dinner yesterday of pork chop stuffed with black pudding, fried onions, spinach, tricolour quinoa, cucumber pickles, tahini sauce with garlic and dill, chilli paste.

(I need to work on my presentation skills😄)

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Bum, I ate bum. I have no shame and don't care what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

😝

Go over to the Charcoal BBQ thread. They eat butt all the time. 😋

• Advertisement

Red lentil soup with pastrami/beetroot relish sandwich.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Made some smash burgers for everyone tonight. Homemade Japanese milk buns, red onion chutney, rocket and a bone marrow mayonnaise to finish

^^ looks and sounds amazing!! Great photo. Well done 👍

Is the yellow cheese or the marrow mayo @TheKBizzle?

Cat: Is it not my birthday again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

@TheKBizzle whats a smash burger?

There's even a dedicated thread for smash burgers! 😀

I think TIRAB and HUSH? do smash burgers in Cork, but I haven't visited.

That is just regular yellow cheese. The only cheese in my opinion for a burger. Bone marrow Mayo on the top bun and the red onion marmalade on the bottom. Went through many variations to get to this one and I think this one is best. Tomato and pickles were not needed. Burgers just lightly seasoned before hitting the grill. Making my own milk buns and bone marrow mayonnaise was probably overkill but it was ages since I made burgers so I wanted to do the best version. Pretty sure my housemates all have gout now though…

That cat eats better than most on here. Housemate had chicken that they were not gonna use so she got 3 organic chicken fillets poached for her dinner while we had burgers

Meat potatoes and two veg.

^^ A far cry from my childhood horrors of meat and two veg, looks succulent Dave!

(Whenever I visit boards, straight for the dinner thread LOL!)

• Advertisement

First time cooking sticky rice so burnt it, plus just used Aldi salmon darnes instead of Sushi-grade but this Salmon Poke got ‘best dinner ever’ award from one of the teenagers. 🤯

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/salmon_poke_bowls_33855

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Spatchcock chicken on the Weber.

Grilled (cremated) veg in the new Lidl BBQ rack thingy when the chicken came off. Turned out much tastier with the extra “burn” actually.

Homemade slaw. Homemade BBQ sauce.

Dirty dinner, burger (bacon, beef, chicken skin, cheese, burger sauce) with cheesy chips and chicken gravy. Burger was just alright, but it hit the spot on a Sunday.

^ Crispy chicken skin is my favourite food, I think. How do you add it to a burger?

Had chicken thigh skin, just crisped it up as normal and fired it into the burger like it was a slice of tomato or whatever. Just as an experiment. It was grand, a nice addition, but not nicer than eating it normally with a bit of salt so I won't be doing it again.

And agreed, it's one of my really guilty but delicious pleasures...

Thai green chicken curry. With chicken thigh meat which means... I just had to use up the chicken skin elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Chicken skin looks great, what way did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

BBQ, nothing fancy.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

^^ "nothing fancy" 😋😎🤪

• Advertisement

Aul one dropped over with some salmon and scallops from the local fish stall, be rude not to use them. My partner: "It's fine, I guess". Ungrateful sack of shi-

And I got bored with dessert and decided to **** around trying to make salted caramel, wasn't really caramel but nice all the same.

Post edited by Dave_The_Sheep on

Advertisement