Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipex fencing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emaherx

https://www.tirlanfarmlife.com/search/?text=clipex €10-30 a post on Tírlan (probably cheaper to buy direct)

They suit single strand fences just fine.

Mine are up since 2018, no discolouring yet.

No stapling or mechanical post drivers needed which could be a big saving in costs/labour compared to wooden posts (may depend on soil types though.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

They are more expensive for sure, the galvinised 4 clip posts I got were 7.85 each. Bag of 25 insulators was 12.50, the big strainers were 35. I found the ease of doing the whole thing myself was a big plus for them. Galvinised posts should be a lifetime job, I was sick of finding rotten fence posts around the place and was sceptical of clipex myself but I'm fully converted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I'm on my own, if the ground is stoney do.u just drill and hammer down with a sledge

U could have a good few in the back of the jeep and replace as timbers rot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

Not sure about drilling but there's a sleeve they sell to drive the posts, very handy to use, much lighter than the hand sledge, and you get them at the correct depth every time. The narrow shape of them made it easier to get around stones I found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭50HX

Bought a shot of 2 clip fence post last month & the driver for sinking them.

What a super product, so easy to drive

Used esb poles for strainers, strained the wire, once that's done I had 25 post & insulators on in 20 mins

With the increase in treated timber post prices & the removal of creosote from the market they are not overly expensive in the long run imo

Will replace all rotten timber ones going forward with these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Did you prop the strainers or are they free standing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I have very uneven land boundaries, up and down in and out, how much of an issue would this be with clipex posts?

I should also mention you could'nt drive a dinner fork into the ground here without hitting stone, seriously considering clipex but any i have seen are on good land with nice straight fence lines.

Id drill with a battery sds first, gona buy a bunch of em soon and try out

Just standard driven post, a good point with a chainsaw helps

• Advertisement

I think they'd be OK on uneven ground, you get the 4 clip posts ,& twould give more options on height

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Sami23

Used Clipex for the first time last year.

Found them very easy to drive and work with it general.

Only issue I have with them is the sheep seem to be loosening them scratching off them.

Do other people find that and is there anything that can be done about it

Advertisement