Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No no I'm not. I'm just not understanding what you mean by clear the finance and buy the Tour, what do I do with the car I have? I'm assuming the Tour is a private sale so I can't do a trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You sell your car privately, the buyer clears your finance and gives you the balance between the outstanding finance and selling price.

You buy the Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Yea, that's what I was thinking, too much hassle private selling tbh, especially for big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not really. I sold my ID3 in the exact way described above and everything was sorted within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Just for the record,there is absolutely no problem selling or trading in a car on PCP.If trading in dealer will happily pay off the balance,private sale literally agree the nuts and bolts with buyer ring up vw bank or whomever and have them pay balance hand you the remainder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭eagerv

A dealership bought back my ID.3. I was not buying again from them.

Not sure if they are still buying back cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I had software update to 3.2 done yesterday to my 1st edition, I left car for a day and there was no problems according to workshop. More information on dashboard and charging speed is now visible additionally in kW. There is also new app option called "Optimised battery use" which is described as "By using high-voltage battery, more energy is available in the vehicle for operating via the app (affects range)".

Immediately after leaving garage I got OTA update that fixes displaying correct version of ID software 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

Was looking up

ID3 1st “Plus”

versus the

ID3 “Style”

Does anyone know the main differences, apart from 19” wheels on the 1st Plus,18” on Style.

Both have alloys, matrix Lights, ski hatch, rear camera, sunroof, tinted rear windows, leatherette seats. from what i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

1st Plus didn't have sunroof or the glass panoramic roof. It did have Keyless entry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I drove 212 style as a loaner for 7 weeks. It had 18" wheels, 1 zone climate, no camera and no keyless entry compared to the plus. The sunroof was creaking a lot, but it doesn't bother some people. Also keep in mind that neither of them have rear speakers.

Updated with the product guide.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, i am not a fan of sunroofs, after having one years ago, and in winter months the ice, that gathers in the outflow channels, makes a lot of noise, when thawing out.

There was a 2k approx difference between 1st plus & Style, in 2021 and main difference is 1st Plus has 19”wheels keyless entry, 2 zone climate, rear camera, & is minus sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A rear camera is about €650 which integrates into existing system

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

I have a 1st and was told recently it would take a week to update it to 3.0 (i think). I need to get the new 12V battery too.

Do you mind if i ask what dealer you used? I wonder if it's possible to just ring any dealer and ask for the upgrade?

Yes, you can.

what garage is taking so long? FK?

i was told it’d take a day to change 2 tyres and do some work to the hinges.

trinity in Wicklow said bring it in at 2 and we’ll have it done at 3..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This might help, I saved it from when I bought my Style in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭fits

I travelled to the west and back today. About 500km in total in the tour

stoped in Ionity on way back at around 12% and it got up to 60% in 20 minutes. Saw charge speed of 124 kw at one stage.

it’s a great car. So comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I did 193km on country roads in First Plus version yesterday (dry, 16-18C) at average speed of a bit over 60km/h and used 45% of battery. That is quite close to WLTP range. I think if it was a bit warmer and A/C was nod used it would be possible to exceed WLTP range quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Anybody get 3.2 software yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Purchased the L service plan at the time, so contacted Western Motors in Drogheda yesterday about getting the service done around the 2 year mark (from July 2021).

They could do the service at end of June, but earliest to do the whole battery check/replacement and version 3.0 update would be end of July as they need a specific technician on site. Just going to get everything done in July (service, battery check/replacement, software update). Told me it would be 3 days and that they would provide a loaner car.

They were good last year with the 2.4 (?) update and 12v replacement.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the new facelifted ID3 #2, is expected to have the same elongated, and seemingly never ending software update issues, as #1

It is really unbelievable, that ID3 owners have had to send emails, make phone calls, join waiting lists, make more phone calls, send more emails, and book in their cars, more than once, for a software upgrade, that was if i understand correctly, originally supposed to happen over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ever get the feeling you're being BS'd?

Just called VW to confirm my drop off on Monday. Girl sounded completely confused. Says they can do the 3.2 update but can't do the battery module recall because "VW just issued a new recall and they don't have the parts in stock". So it'll require another trip.

First of, the recall page only has 3 listed.

3.2 software, check

Goodyear tyres, N/A

Battery module, issued September 2022.

Nothing new. I think they've just screwed up. And what parts are needed, I thought it was just an examination to see if anything was needed?

I’ve heard that elsewhere that they aren’t doing the battery module check this time.

drove 386 km yesterday of which 300 ish was motorway. Plenty still in tank when I got home.

I’ve v3 upgrade booked in got end of June they said to bring the car in sooner , so they can check if it needs the battery module which they’ll order and do at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭sk8board

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Did 359 yesterday in my Tour and had 135 left. Warm weather has a huge impact on range. A joy to drive tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I see that my car is still for sale 3 months later with a massive discount of "5k". I sold it for 29k so I don't think it will sell even for 30.5k. It was down to 31.9k just 3 days ago. Bargain anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’ve had EV ad’s saved since the mid Jan Tesla price cut, and one thing that’s clear - owners seem reluctant to chase the prices downwards, which in a way makes sense, but if you’re a private seller looking for someone to transfer you a large amount of money, for a car that’s future pricing is in serious doubt, you’ll struggle to sell until you’re the bottom end of the pricing range.

Absolutely no one is going to pay mid-30’s for a 2-3yo one, when brand new MIC is €40k.

ID3’s do seem to be coming down, but until the midlife refresh appears, it’s unlikely to drop as fast as you might think.

someone on boards this week mentioned that Tesla offered €22k for a 192 SR+ trade in, yet the cheapest M3 on carzone is a 192 SR+ in triple layer red for €30.9k (it’s there for a few weeks too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Just out of curiosity I asked Autobuy for a price...

Ah, no. It wasn't the price I had in mind for a 19 month old top spec Tour with 40k km on the clock.

Advertisement