Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I never bothered with the korak seeds. Maybe in this game. 😁😁😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Encountered a Korok trying to get to his mate on one of the starter islands. Jerry-rigged a gondola for him and stuck him to it, repeatedly hitting him against the ground as I tried to attach the gondola to the rail. Sent him over the rail on his merry way, only for him to crash into the cliff on the other side instead. He dangled helplessly on the precipice as I realised I was actually meant to go over with him to help out. I just ran away instead.

10/10 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sp00k

Someone on reddit saying to enable TruMotion/motion smoothing/whatever your TV equivalent is to make the game a lot smoother, if you're struggling adjusting to 30fps. Gonna try it myself tonight to see if it makes much difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A strong note of caution on this: you're going to introduce extra input latency if you do this, making the game feel worse. And those motion smoothing options just look crap anyway, and may introduce extra stutter etc... You'd be much better just getting used to the standard 30 FPS in 'game mode' as the game will feel a lot better to play rather than any artificial aids your TV offers.

****, I am skimming over posts now to avoid spoilers. I think you really need to into this game with minimal knowledge.

Also, I think if you didn't really like BOTW you won't enjoy this.

One thing is that it looks like they are going to tie all the Zelda storylines together and explain them in this game.

Which is a godsend because up to now they've been confusing waffle. And also a smart move by Nintendo to finally give the Zelda franchise a foundation. Especially important considering the audience it now has after BOTW.

They have a huge franchise now, if they play their cards right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got my game and amiibo and just been sent home from medical appointment suffering from exhaustion told don't do any stressful activities for next 72 hours. Zelda launches seem to correspond with great upheaval situations for me.

Try not to post too much about how you are all enjoying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 srcmtrl

I am enjoying this much more than botw and wouldn't have called myself the biggest botw fan. For me this addresses everything that annoyed me about botw so I would argue the complete opposite of that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

6 or 7 hours in now and loving this. Some genuinely genius gaming moments even at this early stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

94 minutes. What's your excuse?

Nintendo already tied the storylines together and it was outrageously bad with split timelines and other such nonsense. I think it's just better to take them all as their own separate universes. Lore usually spoils things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

According to amazon my copy is four stops away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities the fusing/ultrahand mechanic brings. I kind of feel like I'll never get the best out of it and that there's some cool thing I just haven't thought of. That's FOMO for you!

One of the only gripes I had with the previous game have been addressed, you can drop stuff while at a chest!

Phenomenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

my amazon order updated to We will email you as soon as we have a delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Deary me. Can you cancel for refund and go to a Smyths store?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was using prime, were you the same or was it standard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My prime order arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Caved and walked into Argos and picked this up earlier. Playing docked on a Samsung Q80t and it looked very saturated and very sharp in game mode. Switched that off and messed around with colour tone and picture mode and it’s a loooot better now. Just getting stuck in on first couple of islands. Looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kurokishi

Quick question lads - Used to own a Switch, thinking of buying one again for this and a few other games. Does anyone know if Nintendo still do the two game vouchers, and if so is this eligible? Otherwise I'll pick up a hard copy. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah same for me. Standard mode a lot easier on the eyes. Others saying game mode better. Must depend on the TV. Or maybe it depends on the eyes. 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yup, you can use the Nintendo voucher on it - they’re advertising the savings on the Switch Online landing page.

• Advertisement

Yup. It was more of a caution to people who really didn't like BOTW.

This is good, real good, ridiculously good and I haven't left the training area yet. It does make some of the mechanics in BOTW look primitive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Man. Even the possibilities with the first power are over whelming. I’m never the most creative at using powers in these sorts of games and already feel in the training area like I’m missing so many opportunities to do stuff

Same I used prime with at the time guaranteed delivery by today, odd as it still listed as in stock, with a 2 pound price drop. Decided to just cancel it and reorder via Smyths . update it no longer available via sold by amazon

Post edited by jos22 on

Yeah I just cancelled and moved order over to Smyths, nearest store is hour by bus so not gonna waste a day calling in person. So much for release day guaranteed delivery . I see it now out of stock on amazon.

Post edited by jos22 on

There is a big stupid thingy dispenser in this game. And it works because this game is not afraid to be a game. I love it. And that flying thingy at the end of the first trailer is zen like and controls wonderfully. I can't believe a little silent low power device is running this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can only imagine how headwrecking some of the later shrines will be with the new powers, will probably have to build a giant Rube Goldberg machine at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

About 10ish shrines deep and every single one has made me feel like an idiot and a genius at the same time.

Arrived at my first stable…

…might have let out a little yelp of glee to find all my old buddies from BotW waiting to go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Played it basically all day yesterday, a lot to get your head around with the new mechanics and that sense of ‘where the hell will I go now’ soon after the Sky Island intro.

Any one else finding the ultra hand a bit finicky? Can take some time to adjust objects to the right angle - can be a little frustrating.

Also has anyone managed to build or do anything useful or creative (very) early on with those stations with wooden planks and wheels scattered around?

Advertisement