Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

Last man in usually plays for the attacker to fumble or be dispossessed. The cork player also took about 10 steps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What did ye think of Donal ogs contribution last night. A bit all over the shop I thought. He's for GAAG,O ( which I agree with) but he also wants RTE to show more hurling! How would that work commercially? He was also more or less looking down on the gaa followers of Cavan and Westmeath saying they shouldn't have their final in Croke Park shown when it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Rosita

Limerick 2 points Tipperary/Cork

Cork 3 Clare/Limerick

Tipperary 3. Limerick/Waterford

Clare 2. Waterford/Cork

Waterford 0. Clare/Tipperary

Let's assume that each team except wins one and loses one remaining game which is a potential scenario consistent with the fixtures, it leaves the final table

Tipperary/Cork 5

Limerick 4

Clare 4

Waterford 2.

More likely Clare win both and could top the group if others win just one. It looks to me like Limerick nearly need to win both games to retain control of their own destiny. If Cork beat Clare there's a real chance Limerick would otherwise end up in a head to head with Clare which would see them exit. It seems likely that one win would see Tipperary through. A win over Limerick for Tipperary guarantees progress because it means that neither Limerick not Waterford can get 5 points.

That's a bit of rambling really. Not sure what it achieves. I suppose the real winners as usual are Kilkenny sitting back getting ready with their "battle-hardened Munster teams will have an advantage in the All Ireland semis" quips.

He was dead right. The GAA is trying to hide away hurling. Yes, there was a paradox between his welcome of GAAGo which as a modern go-ahead guy he has to do and criticism of its impact.

Just because it's Dónal Óg it doesn't automatically follow that he's wrong you know. (This is the third thread you've mentioned this on so it's clearly striking a nerve)

But how would it work? He wants gaago but also wants rte to show more hurling which would obviously have to be at the expense of other sports coverage. And do you think he was "dead right " making little of Cavan a d Westmeath footballers.!

• Advertisement

He didn't mention Cavan-Westmeath footballers so the question of him being "dead right" doesn't arise. As for your "how would it work?" question - like I said there is an obvious paradox. Nobody under 60 can be seen to not think on-line things are great so he has to say he supports it. But yes that does not sit well with the view that the games should be free to air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Great news:

Tipperary v Down Tailteann Cup game on Sunday 21 May will be curtain-raiser in Thurles for Tipperary v Limerick in Munster senior hurling championship

The Tailteann cup will get the Tipperary crowd out.

You do realise who the two teams were who were playing in the Tailteann Cup final don't you! As for the rest of your post you seem to be agreeing that he was talking out of both sides of his mouth.

OMG! This is not easy. Dónal Óg did not mention the Tailteann cup. It was Tyrrell who brought that up.

And yes I have said several times there a paradox in what he said.

• Advertisement

Oh right A paradox! And here's me thinking he was talking out of both sides of his mouth. But you're right it's just a paradox.

I'll call it a paradox. The 'talking out if both sides of your mouth' is more a jibe than a description of anything I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭farmerval

I think the point he was making was that the second tier hurling competition gets no coverage on RTE as against the second tier football competition. The other point was that high profile hurling games are on GAAGO while there's more football on RTE.

I think the bigger issue is the the top class hurling games being so compressed that hurling isn't getting the opportunity to showcase itself as much as it should

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Clubs in limerick were asking members to submit their requests or at least my club did today once those requests are filled the surplus should go up on ticket master. But that could be next week before that happens.

It's more or less knockout for limerick so would expect a big following.

What's the story with fordes injury I'm hearing he'll be fine?

As things stand, like it or not like it, pretty much every county can see their team in action on TV they have that option. So what happens , the jump on the bandwagon politicians, Michael Martin, Mattie McGrath,Alan Dillon,Alan Kelly, to name a few are screaming for all matches to be on Rte. An impossibility but of course nobody in the media is challenging them as to how that can be done. They will, as usual, end up f*****g the whole thing up and many counties will never get to see their team in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I think if they can show 4 hours of the kings coronation they could be doing alot more for hurling.

Everyone knows munster hurling is were it's at, Tipp Cork rivalry as old as the hills, one of the biggest games of the year, instead they show a rubbish rugby game that nobody cares about.

The two football games on Sunday were non events as expected, it will be wall to wall football in a few weeks anyway so at this time in the season all the big hurling games need to be shown, not one hurling game on tv all weekend.

Unfortunately this is the result of the likes of Dignane and other rte staffers giving out about games being on sky sports.

I actually like the idea of gaago but the biggest games need to be free to air also let's face it the GAAGo app is rubbish, had it for the tipp Clare game and it crashed, only got the second half, got it again for clare limerick and it was non stop buffering and I'm on SIRO, not good enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

RTE were contractually obliged to show the rugby games.

RTE cant show everything. "everyone knows munster hurling is where its at" isnt completely true. many people just dont care about it

Well first off you have a poor broadband service which is a seperate issue altogether. Last years cork tipp match whether the rivalry is as old as the hills or not was pure shite as were most of the round Robin matches in Munster. The bottom line is the situation we have now which is an option, not compulsory but an option, to see your county in action,( and the GAA is not all about cork tipp dublin etc, ) is about to be f****d up by politicians coming out with rubbish about having all games free to air, and nobody is asking them how that can be done!

Well I've SIRO broadband, 500 mb so explain the buffering?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Whether it comes through SIRO,Vodafone, Eir, etc is immaterial. As for 500mb that is also immaterial as your devices in house won't receive that amount. I'm only on 200mb and have no buffering issues so you might be best getting on to SIRO. First of all do a broadband speed test and see what you are actually getting.

• Advertisement

Trust me I'm getting super download speeds reality is GAAGO app is rubbish sure if folded for the Clare Limerick game, needs a massive improvement if it's here for the long haul.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Like I say never had a problem with it nor had any of my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Any of ye ever listen to the premier view podcast? Is it worth a listen

Speaking this evening Tipperary senior hurling manager Liam Cahill said, “contrary to incorrect reports earlier this week, Jason did in fact suffer hamstring damage during the Cork game and as a result he will be out of action for 4 weeks”.

There is huge excitement brewing in Borrisoleigh ahead of the return of "The Bush V The Briar" hurling match which will bring folks from townlands and towns to see the action this Sunday afternoon!

Friends become foes for one hour as the parish hurlers take to Bishop Quinlan Park for a mighty battle sure to induce roars, shouts, laughter and craic galore.

It is an old famous traditional event in the area. This year the Borris-Ileigh club has revitalised "The Bush V The Briar" hurling challenge in aid of The Dillon Quirke Foundation and the Irish Cancer Society.

The history of the unusually titled fundraiser is that the "Bush" is a team from one side of the parish and the "Briar" is the team from the other side.

The dividing line is the main Thurles to Nenagh Road which runs through the heart of the village from one side of the parish to the other.

The geography of it is that if you are going from Thurles to Nenagh, and are on the right hand side you are part of 'The Bush' and if you are on the left hand side you are in 'The Briar'. There are no exceptions to this which is the one and only rule!

It promises to be a superb day out at the club grounds with plenty of household names there. Apart from the hurling there will be plenty of entertainment for families at the fantastic facility.

There will be plenty of refreshments, ceol and craic for everybody. It is all for a great cause and gets underway at 2.30pm at Bishop Quinlan Park this Sunday.

The famed Borris-Ileigh club has claimed many Dan Breen cup victories across the eras and was also the last club from Tipperary to win the club All-Ireland title back in 1987.

Bobby Ryan and the Stakelums lead the charge back then. The club which has produced hurlers like Jimmy Finn, Bobby Ryan, Brendan Maher, Liam Devaney, Dan McCormack and much much more will put on a show to remember this Sunday.

Dan Breen cup winner Tom Ryan Foot says it is a day not to be missed: "The players are raring to go. We can't wait for the action to get underway. It is all for a great cause too so we hope parishioners and hurling followers across the county as well as further beyond come along to see the action on the day.

"It is a great opportunity to have a fun day and contribute to two great causes. It will be a show like no other" the Borris Ileigh midfielder said. 

It is if you want to listen to good tipp bias, might not be for ye down in the south east

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

We need to get a few lads practicing free taking for the next week or two. We missed a few in Cork.

• Advertisement

Advertisement